Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 12:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Returning 60 shm - need re gearing help

Hi pals ~

So I quit the server maybe 2 years ago and gave my items and pp away to a friend who no longer plays.

I am 60 with torpor and my only piece of gear is my epic.

If you were returning in my situation, what would you farm to re gear and or afford new gear?
Old 11-26-2018, 12:36 PM
Banned

I did the same thing this last year. Returned to nothing as a lvl 54 shaman. Farmed a few hill giants until I could afford some banded armor and a decent poker. I'm pretty well equipped now. Just get in and get at it. As a shaman with 1k of a gear you're 90% effective as a raid geared shaman. This game rewards high play time. That's all there is to it.

No one is going to tell you what to farm. That's all anyone does on this server anymore.

Actually I've got a super obvious and easy one for you: Jboots MQ
Last edited by bomaroast; 11-26-2018 at 01:01 PM..
Old 11-26-2018, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

First off, check out the Treasure Hunting Guide: there's a link in my signature. You're likely going to want to pick an easier camp there and just root/rot things for awhile. Alternatively you could also do a camp that involves killing lots of low level mobs (like the Goblin Ghazugi Ring or the Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring) and use your pet.

Do that until you can earn enough plat to buy some basic armor: maybe a set of Jaundiced Bone Armor, for the cheaper pieces, and just some random crappy armor to fill out the more expensive (chest/leg/bracer) slots. Also you'll likely want to farm plat for a couple of 5AC/55HP rings (or even splurge and get the 6AC/65HP ones), and possibly jewelry for other slots too.

Then, join Anonymous! Or at least join a guild that does ToV, ideally HoT. If you can join a guild that raids HoT (which Anonymous does every Friday night at 8pm EST) you can get a full suit of very good Skyshrine armor to replace whatever you bought. It won't be best in slot, but it will be pretty close. Alternatively you could also join a guild that does the Kael armor, but personally I prefer the Skyshrine set. You can compare their stats here:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Velious_...arisons#Shaman

If you do a mix of farming treasure hunting spots, buying some armor, raiding when you can, and then farming some more, you should be able to get geared in no time. And really I wouldn't put a lot of effort in to the intermediary gear: the difference between a Jaundiced Bone piece (the cheap ones are like 300-500 plat) and some better armor that sells for several K is actually relatively small, especially for a Torpor shaman (who cares if your crappy armor makes slowed mobs do 100 damage more a minute? Torpor can heal that in a matter of seconds). Or to put it another way:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a shaman with 1k of a gear you're 90% effective as a raid geared shaman.
(Although I wouldn't quite agree with that: the Velious chest armor has a right-click Stamina that makes you more than 10% more effective, at least when it comes to re-buffing a raid after a wipe.)

If it were me I'd just farm enough to not look nekid, join a raid guild, and pick up Skyshrine (or Kael) armor as quickly as I can (eg. I'd go to other guild raids I don't care about to earn DKP to buy armor on HoT nights). Then you can use your cash camp earnings to focus on the kind of gear you can't get from raiding, stuff like resist jewelry, maybe a JBB, haste item, EB item, etc. And once you get decently geared, you can do much better cash camps, like stuff in Sebilis instead of annoying lowbie camps like the goblin ring.

Hope that helps.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-26-2018 at 01:10 PM..
Old 11-26-2018, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Get enough gear to solo dem WW dragons and you'll be rolling in ~3k items
Old 11-26-2018, 01:58 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the replies so far!

What would be considered enough gear to solo WW dragons? Is there a HP/AC target I should be looking for?

Never tried doing them before.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:21 PM
Banned

Acquire gear. Get out and try killing a dragon. See how it goes. This game is about exploration. A hint for you: there are easier dragons and there are more difficult dragons.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by billabong2235 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the replies so far!

What would be considered enough gear to solo WW dragons? Is there a HP/AC target I should be looking for?

Never tried doing them before.
I've solo'd Ayilish with this gear: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]reader

It took like 45 mins (which better gear likely won't really influence that much - except for maybe having a bigger mana pool allowing for more freedom in trying to land the occasional Pox to speed the kill up). It did feel kinda close on a few occasions during those 45 mins due to taking some damage spikes when he randomly landed several good hits in a row. More hp/ac would help minimize the amount of times that would happen.

As you can see a lot of my gear is rubbish. Epic and Torpor is like 80-90% of it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Compared to other stuff like TwentyTwo and Cliff Golem WW dragons felt much harder. First there's just doing the pool through like a third of the zone without training yourself. Then there's the dispelling AoE that is likely to mess with your Torpor at some stage. He also hits harder. Got the talisman for my main and as you can see I have not gotten another one for my shaman because I didn't particuarly feel like going through that fight again any time soon.
Last edited by commongood; 11-27-2018 at 07:02 AM..
Old 11-27-2018, 07:37 AM
Fire Giant

Buy a suit of banded after killing some guards.

Kill some more guards and buy deluxe toolboxes from iceclad (10 slot giant).

Go find an open camp like efreeti, NG, disco, velks frenzy, etc.
/Who all 56-59 monk / war / ranger.

Offer to PL them in exchange for all the loot.

Get to 100k pretty easily. Of that you’ll spend 100 on fungi, tink bags, jewlcraft gear, JC resist gear. Apply to whatever top end guild, and soak up low dkp shit that’s otherwise rotting. Just show up and buff people.

Once geared at rot level, leave guild and return to spending days soloing PoM, or duo prot/tops/emp/vp racs/whatever.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

You could also just go to KC and offer to buff a group for jarsath
Old 11-29-2018, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

'Level up' through the zones fighting names and taking their loots!

Or just rot quest a set of jarsath
Closed Thread