Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 05:44 PM
Orc

Yeah that's what I am trying to confirm, if an Ogre can indeed channel through a bash, or if it gets interrupted every time if the bash lands, I've heard completely conflicting things on various threads I've read of high end Ogre Shamans, a few have said that even with FSI you absolutely cannot channel through the bash, and that its only perk is not getting stunned for the 1-2 second duration, others have said the opposite so idk what info to take away lol?
Old 12-18-2018, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

You absolutely can channel through the bash. When I play my ogre SK, I get bashed, and channel through most of them. The only thing that interrupts me is the push.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:29 PM
Orc

Ahhhh that pretty much confirms it then, but read this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999..._frontal_stun/
Old 12-19-2018, 12:29 AM
Sarnak

Is your spell bar still running? Yes? Your FSI has worked.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that's what I am trying to confirm, if an Ogre can indeed channel through a bash, or if it gets interrupted every time if the bash lands, I've heard completely conflicting things on various threads I've read of high end Ogre Shamans, a few have said that even with FSI you absolutely cannot channel through the bash, and that its only perk is not getting stunned for the 1-2 second duration, others have said the opposite so idk what info to take away lol?
You can indeed channel through a successful bash.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

An ogre won't channel through all bashes, a non ogre won't be interrupted by all bashes. You need to be more granular in your thinking.

An ogre will channel through more bashes than a non ogre though.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The usefulness of FSI comes from its relative usefulness to other racial abilities. In other words, it's not like FSI is some game-breaking power (although conversations about the best Shaman race often make it seem like it is) ... it's just that the other Shaman races at level 60 have less useful powers.

Barbarians get ... faction. Most other Shaman races could care less if good cities like them, and if they do care they can fix the faction by killing a bunch of low level mobs. Also Barbarians get less XP penalty than any other race ... which again at 60 is meaningless.

Trolls and Iksar get ... regeneration. With Torpor at level 60 I almost never even cast my regen spell anymore, because regeneration is virtually meaningless compared to Torpor.

So this is why FSI is so "good": it's actually useful at level 60, when you have Torpor, and the other racials aren't. But you have to understand that it's only good by comparison: it's not anywhere close to being a major game-breaking racial power, and you shouldn't expect it to be.
I agree, but I don't think this really addresses the OP's question about the mechanics of what FSI does against the variety of ways casting gets interrupted.

I've actually never really seen a thorough answer to it...its mostly anecdotal stuff like "i never get interrupted anyways as long as I pin myself in a corner" type of statements.

My only shaman on p99 is an ogre so I have no way of really knowing what troll/barb interrupts feel like...so I don't know either. I presume that I'm getting some extra benefit, but I definitely DO get interrupted from time to time pinned in a corner and I'm not entirely sure what the mechanics are that determine it precisely.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, but I don't think this really addresses the OP's question
You're absolutely right, but I wasn't trying to address their question in that post, I was addressing the part of their post I quoted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killval
I believe this heavily mitigates the usefulness of Frontal Stun Immunity racial, for Shaman of course.
In other words, OP was saying "FSI isn't so useful if I can still get interrupted", and I was agreeing "yes, you're right: it's not that useful ... the whole idea of it being this incredibly useful power isn't because it is incredibly useful, it comes from the relative value of the power compared to the other Shaman racial powers ..."

But I also did address OP's original question shortly thereafter, when I pointed out that he had basically answered his own question already.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-19-2018 at 08:46 PM..
Old 12-19-2018, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

the shit EQ nerds worry about will never cease to amaze me
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Closed Thread