Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are just making shit up at this point, but i think we know what guild you are in.
My main is in Dial-A-Port. To me everyone is a profusely thankful walking sack of plat.

This is why I'm completely impartial in all Elf Court matters.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roleplay this out for me:

You, DMN, log into Lower Guk near the AM spawn.

You scratch your balls (I'm making assumptions but bear with me) and you yawn and you notice the AM camp is clear.

You do a /who

You call out "CC".

No one answers.

You look around the corner.

No one there.

No one even close.

You sit down and wait for the pop.

Three minutes later player X shows up and says "AM is mine. Player Y who was here before gave it to me."

Player Y was not in the zone when you did your /who.

Do you yield?
I'd ask in ooc if player Y was camping the AM before.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:18 AM
Kobold

gr8 b8 m8. I r8 8/8.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

I just have 1 question: Is falsegod in Kingdom?

If someone says you're next in line, and that person doesn't tell you when they log off, that person possibly screwed you out of being next in line.

Pro-tip go to the camp and get a /timetsamped screenshot of them on screen killing PH or named and them saying in OOC you're next.

Mobs don't pop super fast in Guk. If you can get down to the spawn before the next repop, and you got proof the person holding the camp had you as next... it's yours.

If the mob is down and you're at camp, I don't see how it can be contested.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

I suppose I should put in my attempt at an Elf Paralegal degree, as I am far from a full-fledged Elf Lawyer, and in fact am actually a Barbarian.

My take-

Falsegod is the real screwup in this scenario. I don't see him clearly communicating to OP that he is logging off. That knowledge would have enabled OP to respond to the CC that was called if he so choose, which could have avoided this situation. However, I am curious as to how OP even knew when camp was open, as he is shown handing camp off to Azleep without any indication from Falsegod that it was time. Maybe he was passing the camp to go sit at AM and wait? Falsegod also could have stayed online to maintain presence at the camp until OP got there.

OP is **technically** in the right, assuming him being on the list is accurate, as there is no way to verify that based on what's posted. Technically, if a PH is down, and the camp is NOT contested, OP wouldn't need to maintain a physical presence at the camp. Once the camp IS contested, OP needs to stay there, and that appears to have been his intent once he realized Kingdom was contesting. Kingdom should have OOC'ed that they were claiming AM if they came in and saw the PH was already dead (Yes, this is only a courtesy).

On the other hand, Kingdom members have no way to verify OP's story, as Falsegod is not online anymore to verify, and to them, OP could just be making something up to try to lay claim. OP didn't respond to CC, even though it's only a courtesy. Also, I strongly believe both the Kingdom members and leader maintained a more civil discussion than OP did during this dispute. Especially near the end when OP begins cussing them out and such.

My ruling, were I a GM in that situation: Group up and camp it together, roll for drops. Barring that, I'd give it to Kingdom because OP was extremely hostile over a misunderstanding and DID charm an engaged mob during the dispute.

TLDR: Falsegod needs to communicate better and make an effort to hold camp for next on list. OP should probably respond to CC's even if they're meaningless (Falsegod has AM and I am next) because they DO help avoid drama. Kingdom should OOC that they're claiming a camp if they see PH down and called a CC. Everyone sucks and hats off to Kingdom for scooting because the drama wasn't worth it.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 09-13-2020, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

This dude said "Kingdumb" so pretty much owned. Grats.
Old 09-13-2020, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Considering how small the bottom area of lguk is and that there are probably three dozen players perma-camped in lguk in the safe hall...prob a dozen camped in the safe corner at AM itself...you really want to be at the camp when the hand-off happens. the odds of someone getting to your camp before you and thinking its theirs is very high.

Best to be at the camp during the hand-off if you don't want a fumble or argument to insue in lguk. Keep in mind that the player who is leaving isn't obliged to wait for you, shout to the zone or even tell you at all that he is leaving. Add into that reality that there are times when someone will want to skip you on purpose so that someone that they want to have the camp can have it.

You're just super better off waiting at the camp you want, if you want to avoid issues like this.
Old 09-13-2020, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

I can't believe people argue over Lower Guk crap. Just go buy the robe ffs.
Old 09-13-2020, 01:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Assume you log into a dungeon zone. You see a popular camp open and cleared. You call out CC and no one answers. The assumption is that the last person cleared the camp and logged off. Or that he was trained out. Or he went linkdead. You take the camp.
Just like the multi-camp discussion - another scenario wherein a camp is presumed to be open because no one is there. A lot of rules to dance around and protect people that have a ton of different reasons why they can't seem to be at the camp they claim to hold when it pops
Old 09-13-2020, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

I was legit gonna read all of that but decided not to after glancing at the pic, you are a next level shitbag for leaving /afk on throughout 80% of your conversation and deserve to lose the camp on that alone.

You should be mad at falsegod for not giving you sufficient warning he was camping out and adequate time to get there. Kingdom did nothing wrong here and you are extremely lucky they only stayed for a couple re-spawns and let you have it. Way to be an asshat. Part of me wishes they had stayed, and a GM did show up to ban you for interfering with their engagements.
Closed Thread