Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 08:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Info about Chardok AE

I plan to briefly talk about Chardok AE in one of my upcoming videos. As a large portion of my viewers don't play p99 I just want to be sure I have all the correct facts on the subject.

I have been playing on p99 since 2013 but never bothered looking into it while it was active. I know that it is a subject of contention amongst players on this server.

From what I have somewhat pieced together during my time playing, seeing the spam about proxy groups in EC tunnel and looking from the outside in:

Several high end players would gather together. I assume lots of enchanters for AE stun and lots of classes like wizards for AE damage. A monk then goes and pretty much pulls the entire zone to the zone line, then everyone else spams AE stun/nukes. My guess is there are spots in a "damage group" that get sold to people so they can sit there and soak up the XP.

Basically what I am asking for here is specifics.
  • How many people were needed to do this?
  • How many spots were sold per pull?
  • How did they ensure that the paying player was getting the XP
  • How much was the average price per pull (2k?)
  • What was the average XP gain here like for the people who payed, could they really get from 45 to 60 in a matter of days?
  • How much did each of the high end players get paid for the service?
  • Was there specific mobs the puller had to target or did he just grab everything he could.

Don't spare any details and please feel free to tell me about stuff I have missed. I want to read it all.

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

nop
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

this is the gist of it.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Spaid%2...Guide_to_Droga

2k per pull was pretty normal, plus the people running it would also pick up some decent items like SoS and sbs.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:45 PM
Aviak

I did about a level and a half in Chardok AoE on my wizard during levels 55 & 56.

From what I gathered while there you would have 1 cleric, 3 enchanters, puller, inner dps(idps), outter dps(odps). My role was idps while there.

I'm not sure the method the pullers used but my 2 days there it was a necro both times. At some point in the pull the cleric would heal him and puller feigned, transfering agro to the cleric, he would burn DA & DB while all the mobs gathered at the entrance.

This is when the chanters would chain their stuns together to keep everything locked down.

Both Idps and Odps would burn and Odps would zone out before the lower level mobs started to die, hence leaving the Idps(myself) and all the other buyers in exp group to get full exp for everything.

Iirc it was roughly 2k per pull but I believe people would give discounts for multiples. At 55 & 56 I think the exp varied from 10-15% per pull making it quite insane for 55+ wizards.

Despite alot of negative opinions on the Chardok AoE I enjoyed my brief time there quite a bit and glad I got to experience PB AoE grouping for the first time.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

@Arachnor Thanks, this is exactly the type of stuff I am looking for!

@Supaskillz Great link, lots of good info in there thanks!
Last edited by Vareous; 04-09-2018 at 09:15 PM..
Old 04-09-2018, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

1 cleric, 1 puller(necro/monk/sk/mage), 3 chanters, 1 outside dps, 1 inside dps.

Necro/SK/Monk pulls, gets a quick heal by cleric, then FDs(not sure how mages did it, some COTH trick w/ pet.) Cleric then DA/DBs, while completed buffed/runed/bedlamed, while the 3 chanters chain stun as they all gather in. Then ODPS burns em down, gates, IDPS finishes them off for the xp group. The xp group always cycled with 6, so someone would sit out every 6 pulls since the IDPS only left room for 5. Usually the IDPS made sure everyone was getting swapped in each time.

Used to charge 2k a pull, and would discount if people bought 5 pulls at a time. You also rolled on a SoS/Pipe epic MQ if it dropped. Money was addicting, think my best was 40k in one day between pulls/items.

Good times...RIP AE Chardok
Old 04-09-2018, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

and it *could have also been* a factioned SK or Necro that did the pulls. They'd park a pet in a specific place deep in zone, target a mob near the pet, run back to another spot, have the pet attack the targeted mob, summon a new pet after that pet died, park it, gate/run to zone in or something, send the second pet to attack, then wait for the train and flop

Or something like that. It's been a while.

vvv happy?
Last edited by Bummey; 04-09-2018 at 10:10 PM..
Old 04-09-2018, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and it was a factioned SK or Necro that did the pulls, not a monk.
False. My monk friend made at least 500K pulling Chardok.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Used to charge 2k a pull, and would discount if people bought 5 pulls at a time. You also rolled on a SoS/Pipe epic MQ if it dropped. Money was addicting, think my best was 40k in one day between pulls/items.
That means 7 players and 5 buyers? So not taking into account the discounts, 10k per pull spread across 7 players = around 1400p per pull for the 7 involved?

How was the money managed? Did they have to pay before they went down to the zone, how did you get paid your share? I can't imagine lugging around all that money down in Chardok so far away from a bank.

Sorry for all the questions, I just find it all very intriguing.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vareous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That means 7 players and 5 buyers? So not taking into account the discounts, 10k per pull spread across 7 players = around 1400p per pull for the 7 involved?

How was the money managed? Did they have to pay before they went down to the zone, how did you get paid your share? I can't imagine lugging around all that money down in Chardok so far away from a bank.

Sorry for all the questions, I just find it all very intriguing.
IDPS did not take money. They were there for xp. 5 sellers were collecting per pull, as one of the 6 buyers was always sitting out. Only the sellers could roll on drops. It was more like 1750 per pull on average I'd say for the 5.

Some people were seriously overweight. You'd get TLs to banks, and bind outside zone in. No shortage of TLs/ports with all the wizzies there. I would usually meet the persons mule in EC every set of 5, and collect my money in bulk before they started. People would pay up beforehand for convenience, your name would be known quickly if you tried to scam, wasn't worth it. Sometimes they may pay you halfway through, it was up to the seller to kinda coordinate that and make sure your buyer was in the group when it's his turn.

Usually the ODPS(because that was the easiest role) would keep a list of people waiting to get in. Was a breeze on my enchanter since 3 were needed.

I'd be happy to send you some pics sometime, just haven't extracted the screenshots from that hard drive I no longer use.
Last edited by Crede; 04-09-2018 at 10:20 PM..
Closed Thread