Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Truth is all those raiders tryed eq and couldnt handle it so they went to wow, so already beat ya to the whole quitting after day one of failed EQ cr's [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even know what you're trying to say.

The bottom line is the games are just different, and they pose different challenges. Overall Everquest is a less forgiving game, it punishes your mistakes much harder with forcing corpse recoveries and experience loss on death, it also takes more time to get things done, and you need more people to do most things.

WoW like most modern games has a lot more mechanics involved, but it isn't as punishing as Everquest, if you fuck up in WoW you just respawn and pull again. WoW is also what you make of it, if you want to be a casual who just raids just in the hopes of seeing the raid content then WoW allows you to do that with simple versions of the content. If you want to go hard and be the best then the content is honestly miles beyond anything I've seen in EQ, which I played until I think The Serpent Spine.

Comparing which game is harder is silly because the ways they approach difficulty in an MMORPG is different. EQ will never be as mechanically challenging as retail WoW, but that's not why most people play EQ, and WoW will never be as unforgiving as EQ because they would lose all their subscribers and go broke.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People just get addons and do as they're told for raid mechanics on where to stand/not stand. A monkey could do it, maybe even a lab rat.
isnt that basically gina
Old 08-12-2020, 10:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundumbwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pre-nerf Heroic Mimiron is harder then any content in EQ. Def enjoyed earning that notch.
Get ur shit right , heroic mimiron was not nerfed because there wasnt Heroic mimiron or ulduar at all on wotlk.
what was nerfed was the hard mode on mimiron.

so i doubt u were even raidin on wotlk at all before they released easy mode on toc ..Because unlike your shit i was there for first kill on heroic mode .
Aswell 7 more ex everquest raider players .

hi hi recondo more bullshit?
Old 08-12-2020, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People just get addons and do as they're told for raid mechanics on where to stand/not stand. A monkey could do it, maybe even a lab rat.
average wow player could not even solo a elite mob without atleast big wigs dbm, weak auras and zillon of more addons
fuck u can even script raid bots as people do to make gold and sell runs
Old 08-12-2020, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even know what you're trying to say.
Im trying to say that all the wow players were greiffed off EQ because it was too hard from the start, so already that puts EQ way ahead of difficulty really if you think about it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2020, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get ur shit right , heroic mimiron was not nerfed because there wasnt Heroic mimiron or ulduar at all on wotlk.
what was nerfed was the hard mode on mimiron.

so i doubt u were even raidin on wotlk at all before they released easy mode on toc ..Because unlike your shit i was there for first kill on heroic mode .
Aswell 7 more ex everquest raider players .

When was heroic mimiron nerfed?
Old 08-12-2020, 11:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When was heroic mimiron nerfed?
never because ulduar did not had option to be heroic. it did came with trial of crusader .
ulduar had hard mdoes to make raid bosses harder with few extra mechanics .
And being the only shaman in that raid sucked as fuck.
Old 08-12-2020, 11:03 PM
Fire Giant

Wow players :They complained about fire resist in MC. They complained about BWL demanding MC gear as an entry, complained about bosses like Vael being immune to taunt , complained about latency making fights like Thaddius or the dancing one (Haegen? I forget) in Naxx too difficult even though, while the latency WAS bad, it was STILL easy to do both fights. They complained about AQ being too large and not upgrading BWL gear quite enough. OBVIOUSLY they complained about naxx and its many barriers to progression (8 tanks for 4 horseman, frost resist for saph, the incredible gold cost of mantaining the buffs needed to meet some of the DPS requirements, etc.)

The story goes on through every single raid in BC and beyond. At no point has the wow playerbase ever collectively portrayed any sort of pleasure with the current state of raiding. Its always been 80% whining about that current raid tier.

Conclusion? people are whiny faggots, it just comes with the species tag But the wow ones are a special breed wich was Heralded by kaplan and Afra on soe forums.

Itps a disease wich has fallen over modern mmos or the whole industry, players had become self entitled fags with deslussions and since money wins, they got what they wanted aka dumbed shit to feed their egos.
Old 08-12-2020, 11:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by condap99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
starting threads complaining about variance when there are what, 7 raid mobs in game? when /list helps you ezmode your way to anything important?

how sad.

green is the new wow. ezmode game for those that can't hack blue.
Win a race here...
Old 08-12-2020, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:

..Because unlike your shit i was there for first kill on heroic mode .

Quote:
Closed Thread