Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So basically, punishment should depend on how likeable someone is rather than the facts of what happened.
The most unique part of the EverQuest p99 experience is how important your reputation is. It just doesn't matter in any other game like it does here. None that I have played at least. So Yes, I would argue that it is something to consider when handing out punishment.

Hyjal was blacklisted, and if I remember correctly, it was due to an agreement that if Awakened kicked him, AM would not let him join? Something along those lines? But I can say if I was a guild leader, I would absolutely give him a chance. I really don't know what kind of punishment he got from the GM's. If I had to bet, i would probably say it was less than Furoar's punishment.

Riptoes was gkicked from AM. I'm not certain about this, but I think Detoxx was going to boot him when he was available to do so, when this all went down he was at work or something? I remember this guy not having a stellar reputation before this occurred. I specifically remember being offbut by this guy. I don't remember anything about the guy after this all went down, but i imagine nobody would be willing to give him a second chance. I wouldn't.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also: I agree with Twochain that Furoars "Loststalker" train is "kind of funny".
It's created some of the most hilarious Koi raids, memes, and vids yet.

That said, if the Evil Lord Arcler did this same act... bet your ass people would be calling for account deletion and eternal damnation back to hell.

Riot is mostly pissed because Furoar got our Bots banned and he can obviously still play EQ behind a VPN. Fine, let Furoar play (he provides competition)... but please give us our bots back.
lmfao please pm to me

I don't think i'd be surprised if Arcler did that. But then again, I don't really know him like that. Don't even know what his voice sounds like. But you bet your ass i'd be laughing about it.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazlazen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you just posted here is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone reading your posts is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
I have the name Teraclown reserved
Old 11-30-2020, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

Popularity and reputation aren't the same thing. Riptoes did not have a bad reputation where it pertained to breaking raid rules. He was kicked so that AM would get a more lenient punishment.

Much like how Furoar won't be ousted because he gets Freedom pixels. That's all it really boils down to. Riptoes was not a playmaker, and so was more expendable. It had nothing to do with reputation.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

There's only ever been like 2 or 3 players on this server that were universally hated. I can only even remember one of their names. That's how little reputation matters, and even if you get to the point where nobody wants anything to do with you, accounts are free and a fresh rep is a reroll away.

So go ahead and burn those bridges. It really doesn't matter.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Popularity and reputation aren't the same thing. Riptoes did not have a bad reputation where it pertained to breaking raid rules. He was kicked so that AM would get a more lenient punishment.

Much like how Furoar won't be ousted because he gets Freedom pixels. That's all it really boils down to. Riptoes was not a playmaker, and so was more expendable. It had nothing to do with reputation.
Speaking PERSONALLY
I was with Furoar one night at king and got trained 3 times by the same guy. I told him... i'm leaving this up to you because i'm pissed. He told the guy "please stop training us. I have fraps. Just leave us alone or im going to petition"

Speaking as if i was a guild leader
If we were talking about Kelz doing this shit, I wouldn't defend him the same way I defend Fur. Yes, obviously people who actually put in work to win the guild mobs will always have favor. And always will. Riptoes wasn't a playmaker, but he was a mid/high tier RA cleric if I remember correctly.... in the days when AM was dying. Kelz often berged out and did questionable shit when mad. Kelz would also probably be allowed to stay... whether it was with Aw, Tempest, or AM. But i wouldn't have been surprised at all if Kelz did that. And would say it was in line with his reputation as a player on p99.

NOW Nexii answer this

Would/Should the punishment be the same if this was Siryado doing this?

Because i'd slap him with a year
Old 11-30-2020, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Are you talking about guild punishment or GM punishment? No guild leader is going to punish themselves.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:35 PM
Sarnak

Riptoes was a high RA magician in AM, and he was one of the biggest trackers in AM at the time he got booted IIRC.

I actually think personality wise Riptoes and Furoar are very similar, both hot headed players that track a ton and hate to get beat.

I don't think that Furoar deserved to be perma banned, but I agree with what Kittens said in UN the other day. No one can really trust that Freedom will play by the rules after what Furoar did if they allow him to remain the guild leader.

I don't think most guilds trusted Freedom already, but after Furoar deliberately lied to the GM's about this I'm sure they won't trust him much in the future.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Riptoes was a high RA magician in AM, and he was one of the biggest trackers in AM at the time he got booted IIRC.

I actually think personality wise Riptoes and Furoar are very similar, both hot headed players that track a ton and hate to get beat.

I don't think that Furoar deserved to be perma banned, but I agree with what Kittens said in UN the other day. No one can really trust that Freedom will play by the rules after what Furoar did if they allow him to remain the guild leader.

I don't think most guilds trusted Freedom already, but after Furoar deliberately lied to the GM's about this I'm sure they won't trust him much in the future.
I dont often agree with ya but yup. At the least demote furoar for the guilds own rep. Riptoes was booted in a quickness for same thing.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:49 PM
Kobold

Riot leader calling covid fake news, so Freedom and Riot both have idiot leaders at the moment.
Closed Thread