Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 11-27-2021, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I presently get the old world graphics (P1999-blue) whether or not I change the .ini entries to "TRUE" or "FALSE"--I tried it both ways. I also tried reverting the patch to the v54 version of the dsetup.dll (in case some tinkering with that was the culprit) but that didn't affect it either. Traditionally P1999 has forced the Velious graphics regardless of the local .ini settings. I do not have access to any Velious items on "Green" to test it there.
Update: Got together with a couple other players on "green" and found that I see Velious textures on Green server just fine. I cannot see Velious textures on Blue at all--mine nor anyone else's. All of them display instead as their old world versions. Both servers are wholly unaffected by eqclient.ini's texture settings, as has always been the case for me on P1999. Notably the Velious custom helms are not displaying on Blue either--they're giving an old world graphic instead.

Danth
Old 11-27-2021, 04:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
d found that I see Velious textures on Green server just fine. I cannot see Velious textures on Blue at all--mine nor anyone else's.
Came here to report the same.
Old 12-12-2021, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

As an update, the Velious-model Dark Elves in hateplane still display with Velious-style textures, even though players do NOT. I assume in their case it must be tied to the NPC models.
Old 12-16-2021, 11:22 AM
Aviak

Hey, do we have any updates or ideas about this?This majorly impacts the game experience for a lot of players and I would love if there were some kind of visible finish line. If we need to check any more settings etc I'll be happy to look into it myself and post results.
Old 12-17-2021, 12:16 PM
Project Manager

I can 'see' the velious textures on both blue and green. Looking into potential causes.
Old 12-18-2021, 11:08 PM
Aviak

Really?! That's crazy... I wonder why yours is the exception. Computer programs are weird. They do weird stuff that i dont understand.
Old 12-19-2021, 06:16 AM
Planar Protector

Could this be related to lots of people having installed the high res Velious textures pack that was advertised on these forums for ages?
Old 12-19-2021, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could this be related to lots of people having installed the high res Velious textures pack that was advertised on these forums for ages?
I'm affected as well and I never even downloaded, much less installed that package.

As a test, I took the third computer we have here with P99 EQ on it, which I *hadn't* updated yet, and from the v55 files folder copied ONLY the spells.us text file and the dsetup.dll. Still lost Velious textures on Blue server on that machine, too, anyway.

Danth
Old 12-19-2021, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Nice test Danth. Guess that settles that.
Old 12-26-2021, 11:38 AM
Aviak

If nilborg can see something and no one else can, is there a pull function from the server that nil has permissions to and we don’t? Test with someone else that has dev permissions on server maybe?