Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 07:54 AM
Skeleton

Default green is the new wow

starting threads complaining about variance when there are what, 7 raid mobs in game? when /list helps you ezmode your way to anything important?

how sad.

green is the new wow. ezmode game for those that can't hack blue.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:19 AM
Banned

You can tell people don't play WoW because they refer to it as ezmode.

EverQuest can be time consuming, but it's for sure an easier game to play. Last summer when Classic WoW came out I had to play with multiple 2 gallon jugs next to my computer so I could piss without leaving the game because I knew if I AFK'd for even 30 seconds my group would instantly kick me out and I would fall behind in the race. This is not me just sitting here passively pressing Complete Heal once every 2 minutes either while watching YouTube, this is me spamming the hell out of Flash of Light trying to keep six people alive while being borderline OOM the entire time. Meanwhile in EQ, most of you level characters while at work and a lot of groups don't even care if you stay AFK over half the time -- because it's an extremely casual game.

There's very little way to express your skill level in EverQuest either. A good rogue and a bad rogue essentially both do the same thing. They press backstab and stand there. In World of Warcraft, a rogue has about 36 key binds and the difference between a good rogue and a bad rogue is insanely obvious -- some rogues are actually good at their class, but still can't raid because they get wrecked by the mechanics.

On my particular server, you've got players literally trying to kill you every where you go. Most of the players who like Red just like Red because they're able to bully players. In WoW, this will never happen. You're not going to one shot another player, and even if you get the jump on him, if he has more skill than you do, he can and will kill you. It's team based too, so the longer a fight goes on, the more likely you are to get outnumbered and destroyed.

Even on Retail, once you hit level 120, it doesn't matter how good you are at the game. It takes months to unlock the reputation required for mandatory essences, it takes weeks to unlock enough corruption resistance before you can even do certain raid content, and most guilds won't even invite you to their raid teams anyways, you don't just say "hey can I join your guild" and show up for a raid and get handed free loot that would otherwise rot. Guilds tend to be a lot more selective when they can only bring a set number of players and the difference between a good player and a bad player is the difference between your entire raid wiping or succeeding. Even one dead weight individual in your raid is usually too much for your group to carry during progression.

That being said, EverQuest is a way better game, but it's for sure not harder.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That being said, EverQuest is a way better game, but it's for sure not harder.
Is it harder to kill mobs in EQ than in WoW? No.

Is it harder to get mobs to kill in EQ than in Wow? Yes.

The 'skill' in EQ has everything to do with the ability to bring mobs cleanly into your group and or raids camp. This is an infinitely more interesting concept than killing the mob itself.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

Wow

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-07-2020, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

I’m playing wow classic lately because it’s no stakes easy street.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:23 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The 'skill' in EQ has everything to do with the ability to bring mobs cleanly into your group and or raids camp. This is an infinitely more interesting concept than killing the mob itself.
Gets it.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In some instances this is actually true. I've yet to experience this on Green though. Most of the time I'm having to help my group pull (even as a healer) because the content is so trivial (170 ZEM plays a huge part with this) and over-camped that every group in the entire zone is pulling like 30 mobs at a time.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Nah, green is just a new TLP with new gimmicks.

P99, now with achievements! Now with /lists! Now with manastones! Your chance to kill a Sleeper's warder!
Old 08-07-2020, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Joe we really gotta work on your thought process and what information to share and not to share
Old 08-07-2020, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Calling one of these systems harder or easier or better or worse based on your unique personal criteria doesn't really add any information to the discussion. I'm not calling anyone out in particular but this argument isn't going anywhere. It's all too subjective.

I know one thing though that's completely objective. WoW looks like shit. An overstaturated cartoon world of crap. P99 is...beautiful.
Closed Thread