Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 01:34 PM
Banned

Default What makes a pvp game actually good?

• Territory battles.
  • Infamy
  • Fame
  • The ability to grief the griefers
  • Danger
  • Teamwork
  • Sniping players with skill because ur a lone wolf anyway and falling back into the shadows.

IMO (not humble)
Old 09-22-2021, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Pay wall to keep out the riff raff.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Idk about this, because I both like and dont like open world PVP

But I cant help but argue that the feelings I chase when engaging in open world PVP is knowing the person on the other side is upset, not having fun with me.

So, there is something that is wrong about it, but I cant quite figure out a good way to retain open world PVP and make it just be fun for everyone, even the dude who spent 4 hours setting up his camp to have a rogue log in and kill him and log off and go bang his 10/10 wife.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:51 PM
Banned

balance
Old 09-22-2021, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk about this, because I both like and dont like open world PVP

But I cant help but argue that the feelings I chase when engaging in open world PVP is knowing the person on the other side is upset, not having fun with me.

So, there is something that is wrong about it, but I cant quite figure out a good way to retain open world PVP and make it just be fun for everyone, even the dude who spent 4 hours setting up his camp to have a rogue log in and kill him and log off and go bang his 10/10 wife.
I like open world to have a measure of high risk and lower risk (but always risk areas) were the environment is utilized in pvp and were it's just absolutely dangerous, but not neccessary to enter, except to get that FAME and prestiege, and maybe 2% more stats than the other guys

that gives ppl places to learn and grow and gives challanges to the really good pks, to snipe someone in the low risk heart of the territory areas. thats kinda why Eve is pretty good in that regard. And classic wow. As u can always die at ur bank, but maybe not always. it should be facilitated but require great skill.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:58 PM
Banned

2 thousand pots in only about 5 months

seek help
Old 09-22-2021, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

One thing I dont like in open world PVP is consumables! Consumables suck.

Bunch of losers spaming their gold farms on pots to "win" a fight is pay to win bs.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing I dont like in open world PVP is consumables! Consumables suck.

Bunch of losers spaming their gold farms on pots to "win" a fight is pay to win bs.
ya

30 min CD on pots?
Old 09-22-2021, 02:38 PM
Kobold

So, there is something that is wrong about it, but I cant quite figure out a good way to retain open world PVP and make it just be fun for everyone, even the dude who spent 4 hours setting up his camp to have a rogue log in and kill him and log off and go bang his 10/10 wife.[/QUOTE]

10/10 wife:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solid10p99.jpg (92.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-23-2021, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • Territory battles.
  • Infamy
  • Fame
  • The ability to grief the griefers
  • Danger
  • Teamwork
  • Sniping players with skill because ur a lone wolf anyway and falling back into the shadows.

IMO (not humble)
Good answer.

For me it is the added intensity of every aspect of the regular PVE game. For example, on blue I can level 1-60 in banded armor and whatever best weapons I can afford, and have no detriment at all basically.

On red, if I do that I'm instarooted and totally garbage any time I encounter a caster. So I need to actually pay attention to my gear to be successful. IF I don't want to get murdered on red I actually want to use my full set of buffs from myself and any of my comrades.

So for me

1. Situational awareness matters
2. Social issues like friendship matters. I can't just sit on a camp and tell people to fuck off, because on red they can kill you
3. Gear matters, because it effects how people can kill you
4. Spells and effects matter. Potions and weapon effects that impact PVP all come into play that are mostly not needed at all on non PVP server. On pvp everyone with the knowledge is carrying cure poison disease and remove magic potions if they are not a caster with those spells (and probably even if they are) on blue server those items are not really needed except for convenience or if you fight a lot of PVE enemies that DOT you.

Playing on blue is like playing half a game for me. Red makes every nook and cranny of the game matter.

Consumables need to be managed. The good thing about EQ pvp is pretty much only lay hands and harmtouch are cool down clickies with huge impacts. Versus modern games that the entire format is set up around similar stupid cooldown items.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread