Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

Shocker: people need to be aware and let tanks establish aggro even at lvl 9. The amount of nuking on incoming and just lack of general awareness is pretty amazing but I'm still having a great time.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shocker: people need to be aware and let tanks establish aggro even at lvl 9. The amount of nuking on incoming and just lack of general awareness is pretty amazing but I'm still having a great time.
It's a WoW mentality. There is no need to wait for tank to get aggro in WoW.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casters need to buy spells.. its the equiv of your gear up.

But yes, casters have a slight advantage at first.

Melee can't buy appropriate level gear off a vendor next to their guildmaster - and at relatively much cheaper costs than a melee would have to pay in EC.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

I mean for the first dozen levels they can.

Most people will buy an axe/rapier at level 3 then a two handed sword / bastard sword / spear at 6 then a combine weapon at 12.

There are vendor bought leathers and other armours that resell decently. Hey at least melee get to resell their vendor boughts, instead of having them waste spell book pages!

Lets pity hybrids who have to buy melee gear and spells. At least they have that xp penalty alowing them down so they have more time to save up ��.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a WoW mentality. There is no need to wait for tank to get aggro in WoW.
"The WoW mentality" has been a big problem on P99 that has manifested itself in many ways for quite some time my dude hahaha =)

<The A-Team>
Old 11-01-2019, 11:49 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a rogue, you need a tank to backstab. With no tanks, there are no rogues. This population is silly.
Great point about Rogue will be useless without a tank!
And all hybrid tank are battling the lowest population on the server!
Warrior barely in the middle of the pop.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJClove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Catch 22. The cancer of this server do not take hybrids into their group, which means hybrids cannot level, which means there won't be any rogues.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is too many people trying to min/max for rugged individualism.... instead of playing a strong range of things that come together to create great classic groups.

Paladins and SKs are GREAATTT tanks (far better than warriors before 50...and even after it for normal leveling). Both of those classes get very low cost AMAZING agro spells (disease cloud is bananas).

Even a ranger in a group can do a TON to offheal and root for CC along with snare and pulling agro / tanking.

But if you are a paladin...in a group with a mage, an enchanter, a druid, and a wizard.....well.... it's going to be rough.
I'm a little confused with your last sentence. A paladin can off heal better than a ranger, root just like them and hold agro just as well as an SK.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJClove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah rogues can't really fight too well off of pets...but I saw ean earlier posting railing against fear-kiting.

Rogues should love fear-kiting. Aggro management goes away for the most part and mob positioning gets stupid easy. You can basically mash backstab until fear wears off - and keep mashing Intimidation / Instill Doubt, in case your kick actually lands and you extend the fear.

But hey, if you want to bitch that you have to run away after a fleeing mob, that's your problem.

I was once in a fear-kiting group with 3 rogues. It was glorious.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Teach your groups.
Lul

I can't even get the cleric to tell me how much mana he has or get the Mage to summon his pet daggers so he can do damage to the ghouls I'm pulling.