Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

I remember on Rodcet Nife when Velious first launched the level 44 spells (like Celestial Healing, Boon of the Garou, etc.) only dropped off the crystalline shardwurms in the Great Divide for awhile.

They were only in one cave with 4 spawns so one group pretty much held the whole server hostage for these new spells. I was fortunate enough to get a spot in the group and get some of the spells for our guild. Not sure if it was a bug, bad planning or what but it was eventually changed.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Orc

I sure wish I could remember more clearly but I'm almost positive I had Primal Avatar despite never going into ST. Was it obtainable in another way with Luclin? If not I think there must of been another mob who dropped it outside of ST.

For what its worth I found this:
http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...l-Avatar/page2

Quote:
To answer others' questions, this scroll is unique. It is the only NO DROP tagged scroll in game, other than those from "sets" of spells which are no drop for all classes (LoY quest spells, PoP vendor spells, Ancients). Back in the late-Velious/early-Luclin era, a lot of complaints were raised about this inequity. It was explained that this scroll was added to Sleeper's Tomb after the initial launch of the zone, in order to appease shaman who felt that the Primal weapons were eliminating their need for the Avatar spell. Its success at accomplishing this goal is debatable. Regardless, becuase it was intended only for shaman who would be taking part in Sleeper's Tomb, it is not droppable ... and, although now woefully outdated, is likely to remain so.
So it would seem I must have gotten the spell after another expansion was released and an alternate method was given. It also would seem that PA was potentially released after the fact rather then on release.
Frumpp <Omni> 60 Cleric
Last edited by Garg; 12-02-2014 at 11:04 PM..
Old 12-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Aviak

You may be thinking of Feral Avatar. I couldn't find a link with a quick search, but it was a thing. (in a later expansion. perhaps Luclin?) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by shamanredux; 12-02-2014 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: edit: cleared up timeframe
Old 12-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Orc

It seems you may be right Shamanredux, it must have been FA that I had and not PA. All I know is I definitely remember being happy to no longer carry those stupid emeralds all the time.
Frumpp <Omni> 60 Cleric
Old 12-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

I remember for fact that primal avatar was only an ST drop spell (no drop too). My shaman didnt receive it until PoP (when we did ST for fun / off hours). Ferine Avatar was part of PoP from the spell quest (I believe it was a Glyphed Rune Word reward)
Old 12-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Is there a new beta spells file?
Old 12-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a new beta spells file?
Still on V34
Old 12-05-2014, 02:49 AM
Kobold

Pantrilla,Yal and maybe more of the lower level dragons in WW are dropping level 60 spells.. Dropped Aego and Call of the Predator. This spell should only drop from the following mobs according to this log.

Source: http://web.archive.org/web/200202220...html?item=8540

Spell: Aegolism
Weight: 0.1
Classes: Cleric
Races: All Races
Spell Effect Info
Inventory Slot: Inventory
Velious Required: Yes
Can be stored in Small and larger containers
Last updated: Fri Jan 25 03:36:59 2002
Average Price: No Data Pricing Data...
Rarity: Common
Level to Attain: 55
More...
This item is found on creatures.

Cobalt Scar
Kelorek`Dar
Dragon Necropolis
Queen Raltaas
Zlandicar
Iceclad Ocean
Lodizal
Icewell Keep
Dain Frostreaver IV
Kerafyrm's Lair (Sleeper's Tomb)
a watchful custodian
an ancient caretaker
Kildrukaun the Ancient
Master of the Guard
The Final Arbiter
The Progenitor
Tjudawos the Ancient
Vyskudra the Ancient
Zeixshi`Kar the Ancient
Mob Graveyard
sirens - Helsia Mindreaver
Plane of Growth
a serene forest spirit
a thifling focuser
Prince Thirneg
Rumbleroot
Tunare
Undogo Digolo
Siren's Grotto
Mistress Latazura
Mistress of the Darkwater
Velketor's Labyrinth
Velketor the Sorcerer
Wakening Land
Wuoshi
Western Wastes
Bufa
Derasinal
Gafala
Gangel
Glati
Harla Dar
Honvar
Karkona
Klandicar
Mazi
Nintal
Onava
Quoza
Sontalak
Vitaela
Yeldema
Zil Sapara
Last edited by Method; 12-05-2014 at 03:14 AM..
Old 12-05-2014, 02:59 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pantrilla lvl 54 dragon in WW is dropping level 60 spells.. Dropped Aegolism lvl 60 cleric spell. This spell should only drop from the following mobs according to this log.
My research (current live research at least) led me to believe that many of the westwastes dragons can drop 60 spells, at a lower % chance than lower level spells. If this is not correct, I can change it.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:22 AM
Sarnak

I would be inclined to think there is a % chance of them dropping from the lower level ones too, with the higher level mobs being more common. Looking at the old alla list of 53-54 dragons most of them don't have spells listed but some of them have had comments of a 60 spell dropping. One example is Glati:

http://web.archive.org/web/200112160....shtml?id=6137

Quote:
Loot Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Mon, Sep 10th 2:06 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
ah forgot to mention that he dropped tailsman head 2 dragon meat(yay dragon steaks) arch lich and canni VI , chnater got tailsman, mage got meat, spells went to grp vault, head rotted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] since we are on SS faction
Closed Thread