Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-15-2018, 02:28 PM
Mirox Mirox is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brews [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, I was thinking of doing a live DPS parser and smack it into your program, but I have no skills with Qt5, so I would need some help on the UI side, or maybe how you got started with it.. I look at this more as a fun side project than something serious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm looking at in memory time series databases for python to see what would be feasible and how long fights would be reasonable in memory. Otherwise I might succumb to a disk based version..

I'm thinking it should look similar to what you see in WoW nowadays:

http://i.imgur.com/sN5k66l.png
Hi. Feel free to clone my git and do what you want. I learned pyqt5 from the internet.

Your path could be like ->
1. how to make a Hello World pyqt5
2. pyqt5 best practices (there are some memory leak traps [parent references] you could be getting into)
3. start programming
4. Whenever you need to learn something, just look up what you are trying to learn on any search engine.

It's very similar to every other GUI framework I have used. Also I made a standard window class ParserWindow which you can use as a super class for your window. See either the Maps or Spells parser to find out how they use it. Add your parser to _load_parsers section in nparse.py and it will auto feed it text from the log file. The rest would be on you.

I have it written down to add self dps awareness, but not meters beyond a single fight with the option of auto exporting to csv. Tracking people's dps other than your own is very wonky as well since you need to be in range to see their hits plus worry about their procs, level of spells, whether or not the client is filtering combat items, etc. You will also have no way to tell whether something is a PC or NPC unless you have a filter for all possible NPC names.
Last edited by Mirox; 03-15-2018 at 02:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-11-2019, 12:24 AM
Donkey Hotay Donkey Hotay is offline
Banned


Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 233
Default

Hey Mirox, thank you for sharing nParse. I wonder if it's possible to set the background alpha transparent separately from the bars. Having a large black window blocking my side view is suboptimal =D.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-11-2019, 02:30 PM
Gumbo Gumbo is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 672
Default

Does anyone know if this works with Windows XP?

I have P99 installed on an older machine with Windows XP and if I try and run nParse, I get the following error message:

nparse.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point GetFinalPathNameByHandleW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-11-2019, 02:34 PM
Mirox Mirox is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Mirox, thank you for sharing nParse. I wonder if it's possible to set the background alpha transparent separately from the bars. Having a large black window blocking my side view is suboptimal =D.
This is not how Qt5 works by default -- all children widgets take the transparency of their parent. I will have to research this. I can add this to a list of things to do.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-11-2019, 02:36 PM
Mirox Mirox is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone know if this works with Windows XP?

I have P99 installed on an older machine with Windows XP and if I try and run nParse, I get the following error message:

nparse.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point GetFinalPathNameByHandleW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll
The binary is built on Windows 10. I think it will work on Windows 7/8/10. Unfortunately, I don't think I am going to support Windows XP for binary. I do not have a copy of Windows XP to test on.

If you really really really want the program to run on Windows XP, you can always run it from source and see if the appropriate libraries support Windows XP.


1. Get nParse master source (https://github.com/nomns/nparse/archive/master.zip or if you have git installed, "git clone https://github.com/nomns/nparse" in command prompt.
2. Install Python 3 (https://www.python.org/downloads/) -- ensure add python to path is selected during install.
3. Open up a command prompt, run "pip install pyqt5"
4. In the command prompt and within the source directory, "python nparse.py"
Last edited by Mirox; 08-11-2019 at 02:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-12-2019, 12:13 AM
Gumbo Gumbo is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Get nParse master source (https://github.com/nomns/nparse/archive/master.zip or if you have git installed, "git clone https://github.com/nomns/nparse" in command prompt.
2. Install Python 3 (https://www.python.org/downloads/) -- ensure add python to path is selected during install.
3. Open up a command prompt, run "pip install pyqt5"
4. In the command prompt and within the source directory, "python nparse.py"
I checked with Python and the last version that supports Windows XP is 2.77 so I downloaded and install that version.

I downloaded the nParse master source and unzipped it into a folder and copied it to the Python27 directory.

I opened a command prompt and typed 'pip install pyqt5' and it told me that I was using an outdated version and to downloaded the latest version. It did so from the command prompt but now if I type 'pip install pyqt5', I get told that 'pip' is not recognized as an internal or external command.

I change the directory to c:\python27\nparse and type in the command prompt, python nparse.py, I get the following error:

File "nparse.py", line 207
sys.exit(APP.exec())

SyntaxError: invalid syntax


Did I do something wrong or does it sound like it just doesn't work?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-12-2019, 12:22 AM
Mirox Mirox is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I checked with Python and the last version that supports Windows XP is 2.77 so I downloaded and install that version.

I downloaded the nParse master source and unzipped it into a folder and copied it to the Python27 directory.

I opened a command prompt and typed 'pip install pyqt5' and it told me that I was using an outdated version and to downloaded the latest version. It did so from the command prompt but now if I type 'pip install pyqt5', I get told that 'pip' is not recognized as an internal or external command.

I change the directory to c:\python27\nparse and type in the command prompt, python nparse.py, I get the following error:

File "nparse.py", line 207
sys.exit(APP.exec())

SyntaxError: invalid syntax


Did I do something wrong or does it sound like it just doesn't work?
For sure Python 2 will not work. I am sure I used some stuff that is only compatible with Python 3.

That is weird about the pip issue. The last version of python 3 that supports Windows XP is https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-345/. You can uninstall Python 2.7, then install Python 3 from that link. Make sure you tell it to put the python executables in the path. Make sure Python 2.7 is removed before doing this.

'pip install pyqt5' should indicate that pyqt5 is installed. If pyqt5 does install, and it warns you about pip being out of date, you can ignore that.

You do not have to put the nparse source in the python directory. As long as Python is put in your system path.. (meaning you can run it from any directory which is an option when you install python -- make sure to look for it, it maybe be out of the way), you should be able to type "python nparse.py" in command prompt. Meaning, you can place the nParse master source in your My Documents folder or something. You can open a command prompt using file explorer by holding shift and right clicking the window then selecting open a command prompt here from the context menu.

I am sorry.. Windows XP -- too bad you can't update it to at least 7 :O

I hope the above works for you.
Last edited by Mirox; 08-12-2019 at 12:26 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Gumbo Gumbo is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For sure Python 2 will not work. I am sure I used some stuff that is only compatible with Python 3.

That is weird about the pip issue. The last version of python 3 that supports Windows XP is https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-345/. You can uninstall Python 2.7, then install Python 3 from that link. Make sure you tell it to put the python executables in the path. Make sure Python 2.7 is removed before doing this.

'pip install pyqt5' should indicate that pyqt5 is installed. If pyqt5 does install, and it warns you about pip being out of date, you can ignore that.

You do not have to put the nparse source in the python directory. As long as Python is put in your system path.. (meaning you can run it from any directory which is an option when you install python -- make sure to look for it, it maybe be out of the way), you should be able to type "python nparse.py" in command prompt. Meaning, you can place the nParse master source in your My Documents folder or something. You can open a command prompt using file explorer by holding shift and right clicking the window then selecting open a command prompt here from the context menu.

I am sorry.. Windows XP -- too bad you can't update it to at least 7 :O

I hope the above works for you.
Looks like I'm out of luck because the link you sent me states the following:

Python 3.4.5 has only been released in source code form; no more official binary installers will be produced.

I checked all the versions close to 3.4.5 and all of them keep saying it has expired and just has me update to the latest version.

No worries and thanks for your help...
Last edited by Gumbo; 08-12-2019 at 03:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-21-2019, 09:06 PM
magicfest2 magicfest2 is offline
Orc


Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brews [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, I was thinking of doing a live DPS parser and smack it into your program, but I have no skills with Qt5, so I would need some help on the UI side, or maybe how you got started with it.. I look at this more as a fun side project than something serious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm looking at in memory time series databases for python to see what would be feasible and how long fights would be reasonable in memory. Otherwise I might succumb to a disk based version..

I'm thinking it should look similar to what you see in WoW nowadays:

http://i.imgur.com/sN5k66l.png
Did you ever work on this? I was thinking about something similar, but if you've got any work started, I could go from there... Though guessing that since this was quite a while ago, you didn't get around to it?

Just checked it out today as I was thinking about doing my own but hate to reinvent the wheel -- this looks like a great app so far, can definitely just add to it. Are you open to a little bit of refactoring?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-22-2019, 04:16 AM
brews brews is offline
Large Rat


Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 8
Default

I did make a quick text parser first to look at old logs, I also looked at other dps parsers.. it's .. not pretty..

The worst part is that its very inaccurate compared to what people are actually doing, and if your ranged, you wont get much melee as the range on dps is super low.

While you could do it.. it would be quite false readings..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.