Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-14-2024, 02:11 AM
GnomeLuvr GnomeLuvr is offline
Orc


Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 36
Default

I really hope there is an ongoing conversation between the devs regarding a possible merge. The population on blue has gotten so low that it's no longer easy to find groups at lower levels except at peak hours, and the tunnel has been so empty since Quarm launched that it's taking forever to find spells/items for sale.

It seems the only time the server gets busy is when there's an earthquake or a re-pop day, and everyone jumps over from other servers to raid, then log back off as soon as they run out of targets.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-14-2024, 10:43 AM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 4,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeLuvr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really hope there is an ongoing conversation between the devs regarding a possible merge. The population on blue has gotten so low that it's no longer easy to find groups at lower levels except at peak hours, and the tunnel has been so empty since Quarm launched that it's taking forever to find spells/items for sale.

It seems the only time the server gets busy is when there's an earthquake or a re-pop day, and everyone jumps over from other servers to raid, then log back off as soon as they run out of targets.
Yeah even Green is becoming somewhat like this. We really don't have the population to sustain two healthy servers anymore. I really wish they would merge.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-15-2024, 06:09 AM
Prismaticshop Prismaticshop is offline
Sarnak

Prismaticshop's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeLuvr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really hope there is an ongoing conversation between the devs regarding a possible merge. The population on blue has gotten so low that it's no longer easy to find groups at lower levels except at peak hours, and the tunnel has been so empty since Quarm launched that it's taking forever to find spells/items for sale.

It seems the only time the server gets busy is when there's an earthquake or a re-pop day, and everyone jumps over from other servers to raid, then log back off as soon as they run out of targets.
Noticed this as well
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-15-2024, 07:04 AM
wuanahto wuanahto is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 226
Default

as someone who likes just walking into a camp without competition and spending hours without seeing another person just no to server merge
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-15-2024, 11:26 AM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 4,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as someone who likes just walking into a camp without competition and spending hours without seeing another person just no to server merge
Seems weird to play classic EQ then
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-15-2024, 11:30 AM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 4,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The cons are that the staff would have a lot of extra work for very little gain
While I do think they will eventually merge and start a new Green ("eventually" meaning anywhere from this year to a couple years down the road), this is probably right. While it might be relatively easy to merge servers, it's a lot of work for the staff to handle a larger player base on one server plus all the various classic changes they'd want to make for new Green that were discovered during the course of Green 1.0. Wish I knew how to do that coding stuff so I could help out haha

I think another commenter made a fair point of what do you do with the CSR who are on one server but play on another? Make them choose between playing or being CSR? Then you have to replace a bunch of CSR that quit? It's not an insurmountable issue, and I doubt it's why they haven't merged, but it is AN issue that you have to come up with a solution for, which isn't easy. Just another item of "work" for the staff.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-15-2024, 03:26 PM
WarpathEQ WarpathEQ is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Apr 2023
Posts: 166
Default

It does beg the question, if the devs are putting little to no effort on the current Green and Blue server, what are they spending their time on?

Have they taken a step back from P99 all together and just allocating little to no time to the project at all, or are they working on something behind the scenes like a merge or new server?

I've personally seen no indication from P99 staff that a merge or a new server are in the works are a part of their vision and to date the excessive amount of threads dedicated to this topic are just filled with speculation and projections of personal preferences.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-15-2024, 03:41 PM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does beg the question, if the devs are putting little to no effort on the current Green and Blue server, what are they spending their time on?
real life, its better than elfsim
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-15-2024, 03:49 PM
Videri Videri is offline
Planar Protector

Videri's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,861
Default Nailed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the excessive amount of threads dedicated to this topic are just filled with speculation and projections of personal preferences.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-15-2024, 04:36 PM
enjchanter enjchanter is offline
Planar Protector

enjchanter's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does beg the question, if the devs are putting little to no effort on the current Green and Blue server, what are they spending their time on?

Have they taken a step back from P99 all together and just allocating little to no time to the project at all, or are they working on something behind the scenes like a merge or new server?

I've personally seen no indication from P99 staff that a merge or a new server are in the works are a part of their vision and to date the excessive amount of threads dedicated to this topic are just filled with speculation and projections of personal preferences.
They literally built and host this server for free bro
They owe you nothing
__________________
Eberron 60 Erudite Enchanter
Enjamin 60 Erudite Cleric
Yxarus 60 Iksar Warrior Retired
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.