Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-16-2024, 02:26 PM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 4,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=431039

My apologies upon further review it wasn't GM led, I conflated Viscere with Visceren so you can disregard those comments.



A merge would not be a true solution to that problem it would just be a multiplication of the existing problem, a merged sever would just be twice as top heavy. What you're really speaking to is the desire for a brand new fresh server.

While we can certainly debate the most appropriate "measuring stick" the reality is all humans are inherently self serving so to have an expectation that the staff would make decisions that inherently would make the time they invest in the game (without any compensation) less enjoyable (more raid concerns, more petitions, more player vs. player conflict) is a really poor expectation to have. I believe the points I laid out more accurately reflect the actual measuring stick that the staff is using to make decisions about the current and future state of P99 as these are the main prisms that they experience the game through.
I'm not speaking for a desire for a brand new server at all. Pre-Green, we had one PvE server for years which while it was very top heavy there were constantly people leveling alts, very frequently you could find lower level groups if you went to the more popular leveling zones, etc. You don't need a fresh server for that.

Multiple high end raiding guilds existed on Blue back then as well and you're forgetting the fact that a large number of the Green raiders are also high end raiders on Blue. You're not creating some massive influx of raiding players by merging. They're already raiding on both as it is, so likely guilds would just merge.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-16-2024, 03:56 PM
WarpathEQ WarpathEQ is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Apr 2023
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not speaking for a desire for a brand new server at all. Pre-Green, we had one PvE server for years which while it was very top heavy there were constantly people leveling alts, very frequently you could find lower level groups if you went to the more popular leveling zones, etc. You don't need a fresh server for that.

Multiple high end raiding guilds existed on Blue back then as well and you're forgetting the fact that a large number of the Green raiders are also high end raiders on Blue. You're not creating some massive influx of raiding players by merging. They're already raiding on both as it is, so likely guilds would just merge.
So by merging 2 servers that both admittedly have little to no leveling population where do you expect this population is going to magically appear from? To your point its a finite player base, to your point many people have high end characters on both servers so merging would just give people more access to more high end characters (including multiplying the bot army's that the top guilds have built). There is no incentive for people to start new characters, not twink them out, and engage in low end gameplay.

The only way I see to create such an incentive is a world where the top end characters don't exist, I.E. a new server.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-16-2024, 04:44 PM
loramin loramin is offline
Planar Protector

loramin's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,358
Default

There will be a "new Green" server.

How do I know? Because it's what the staff wants: Rogean has explained (in past interviews) that the the entire goal for Project 1999 is to be a museum for experiencing classic EverQuest. You can't really say you've experienced classic EQ if you haven't had a "OMG I looted a rusty sock!" moment, so periodic new servers have always been a part of the museum's plan.

But, the folks running P99 do so as a hobby, and launching a brand new server is a ton of work. Thy learned exactly how much work when they launched Green, and clearly that they're in no rush to tackle it all again soon.

So while "new Green" is coming ... it's probably not coming anytime real soon.

(And as a side note, we've had this exact same debate almost a decade ago. I argued the exact same thing back then ... only back then I was arguing about "old green" coming. The more things change ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
__________________

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-16-2024, 05:19 PM
Trexller Trexller is online now
Planar Protector

Trexller's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,746
Default

Its not that much work, now they know exactly what to do for everything

All the kinks have been ironed out, a new server could not generate new problems, outside of changes in technology.

The radio silence on this matter easily approaches inexcusable
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-18-2024, 08:49 PM
Pulgasari Pulgasari is offline
Banned


Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 1,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There will be a "new Green" server.

How do I know? Because it's what the staff wants: Rogean has explained (in past interviews) that the the entire goal for Project 1999 is to be a museum for experiencing classic EverQuest. You can't really say you've experienced classic EQ if you haven't had a "OMG I looted a rusty sock!" moment, so periodic new servers have always been a part of the museum's plan.

But, the folks running P99 do so as a hobby, and launching a brand new server is a ton of work. Thy learned exactly how much work when they launched Green, and clearly that they're in no rush to tackle it all again soon.

So while "new Green" is coming ... it's probably not coming anytime real soon.

(And as a side note, we've had this exact same debate almost a decade ago. I argued the exact same thing back then ... only back then I was arguing about "old green" coming. The more things change ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-18-2024, 10:27 PM
Trexller Trexller is online now
Planar Protector

Trexller's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, this is the AI that we are supposed to worship and fear?

That's disappointing
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-18-2024, 11:41 PM
Pulgasari Pulgasari is offline
Banned


Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 1,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
prove it.
They said it ONCE when they started green that they might merge them when it completes and have never mentioned it ever again.

There's less news about the merger than there is Red 2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until at least 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023).

Will is not might.

The hour is not yet late.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-19-2024, 12:21 AM
Trexller Trexller is online now
Planar Protector

Trexller's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,746
Default

Rimitto is a bot

someone is using these forums to train a language model

you can tell because it never makes an original statement, just a post made of combinations of other statements.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-20-2024, 01:36 PM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 4,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So by merging 2 servers that both admittedly have little to no leveling population where do you expect this population is going to magically appear from? To your point its a finite player base, to your point many people have high end characters on both servers so merging would just give people more access to more high end characters (including multiplying the bot army's that the top guilds have built). There is no incentive for people to start new characters, not twink them out, and engage in low end gameplay.

The only way I see to create such an incentive is a world where the top end characters don't exist, I.E. a new server.
Your comment is already disproven by the years of experience on Blue where people were constantly rolling new alts.

One of the things that drives people being willing to do that is a populated server. You know there will be people to level with. On Blue and Green right now since both are low pop unmerged, no one rolls alts because it's just a boring solo fest. When the pop is good and there are people to play with, people do. Which, again, your whole response is disproven by that fact and the years on Blue where there were constant alts rolled and groupin (at least in the popular leveling zones).
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-20-2024, 01:53 PM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4,391
Default

Let's face it the most fun part of P99 is having a full raid loot twinked alt and just flexing on scrubs in rags.
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.