Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 06:04 PM
Kobold

My best leveling experiences have come from mixing both. Blackburrow, saving fangs. Crushbone, pads. Kurn's and Befallen with bone chips. At higher levels there is no way around the grind, even at a great exp/quest camp.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:58 AM
Fire Giant

Qeynos: good races.

lvl 1 to lvl 5 newby yard save bonechips sell everything else (sell bonechips as you get stacks 5 to 8 pp a stack is not uncommon)
lvl 5 to lvl 9 Qeynos hills rabid wolfs( the no drop wolf skins can be turned into temple of life saucer) gnoll scouts (can drop gnoll fangs), gnolls outside blackburrow(drop fangs), Putrid skeletons(can drop putrid ribs great xp turn in npc in qeynos hills followed by more xp from turn into qeynos temple of life)

lvl 9 to lvl 12 blackburrow: gnolls for fangs

lvl 12 to 24 West karana: Bandits Various camps (Bandits sash quest temple of thunder ) also drop bronze weapons you will have close to 1500pp if not more by time you leave this zone.

Warning : Bandits go green by about 15 so will be no xp from killing them but the bandit sash quest turn is still very good xp till 24 but people do get bored and leave them by 18 or so.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 01-26-2018 at 01:09 AM..
Old 01-26-2018, 02:11 AM
Fire Giant

Higher level options do exist tho,
Highpass scalps
A canine
Left goblin ears
South Katana gnoll scrolls
...to name a few [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

These quests are good to skim through some levels as you level up for Xth time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] if not, might as well sell them in the tunnel.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:10 PM
Aviak

Sorry i have been away from the pc, have family in town atm heh.. Thx for all the response though i didn't expect so much help tbh.. I actually have a 39 druid, and the reason i asked this is because after level 5 the good group camp spots open up.. A friend in game actually put me on to turning in bone chips in kaladim to get the first few levels in on alts ( great for casters to get med and decent spells ) but for melee i like to just level them with some cheap gears heh.. I am turning i to a full blown altoholic i might need to make another account haha
Old 01-26-2018, 03:11 PM
Aviak

Aye, i made my first fortune selling all my turn ins as i leveled heh
Old 02-01-2018, 11:12 PM
Aviak

This entire game is grinding. Think of quest items as a nice bonus. If you think 3-5 are long wait til you hit 59.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:53 AM
Kobold

As others have said, EQ is one long grind. Perhaps the grind that set the basis for grinds to come, even. Quests are generally one of two types: repeatable easy ones for xp/faction (orc scalps), and long difficult ones at high level for nice items (garzicor's wrath). You're gonna spend maybe 2% of your ingame time doing quests and the rest will be watching your xp bar slowly crawl.
Closed Thread