Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-19-2018, 09:11 PM
Kobold

Default Gina tripling its timers

Hello everyone! I have run into a strange issue that I was hoping to find help with here. My GINA triples its triggers: in its own parser, it detects the same text... three times.

I have no idea what would be causing this, and here is some information that could be relevant?

I replaced my old HDD with a SSD. There's no way that the new read speed is so crazy that it reads the same text three times, right?

I actually had GINA functioning properly, sending one timer as it should, until i shut down the computer for the night and turned it on the next day... suddenly it was tripling things.

I also had a backup of the old HDD on a different HDD, and then installed it on the new SSD... do i have like, three GINAs going at once somehow?

Thanks to anyone who can offer help on this.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

It's a bug within GINA - occasionally triggers can become duplicated or corrupted even though it still only shows the single trigger entry. The only fix I've found is to completely delete and recreate the offending triggers.

One other thing you could try which I sincerely doubt will work is exporting your triggers into a GINA package file, uninstalling and reinstalling GINA, and then reimporting your triggers.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 01-19-2018 at 10:45 PM..
Old 01-19-2018, 11:07 PM
Sarnak

This kind of thing typically happens when you reorder them from the places where they were originally placed. Like dragging and dropping into other categories will cause the corruption like Paul mentioned.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nommis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This kind of thing typically happens when you reorder them from the places where they were originally placed. Like dragging and dropping into other categories will cause the corruption like Paul mentioned.
Yeah, I think I remember this happening after I dragged & dropped something by accident - probably some buggy coding in the drag-drop functionality.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:19 PM
Kobold

ok! Well, its fixed for now, and here's what happened. I tried deleting the triggers and re-making them, no dice. Still got triple triggers. So then I deleted the trigger group, all of it, and remade them. Still triple triggers. So i uninstalled GINA and reinstalled it... It kept my character name and my log file info somehow, but it's back to single trigger output! So all it took was a fresh install, i guess. I also did a reboot to make sure about it...

Thanks for the information, guys! Now I can refresh everyone's VoG with the brain of a computer again.