Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 03:29 PM
Orc

Default 55 + mage lvling help plz

is there any good spots to solo as a 55 mage? or maybe duo? Seb, HS, maybe chardok would be good exp group but sometimes i cant seem to find one. any info on a place i could solo or duo and how to would be much appreciated.... thanks
Old 12-26-2017, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately it doesn't have very many places that are specifically good for Magicians, but the Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my signature) has literally hundreds of soloing spots, and I'm sure many are viable for Magicians.

One mage-specific level appropriate spot you could do is the Kelethin guards. Other options that I think might work for a mage include outside KC in Dreadlands, bards in Highpass, spiders in Permafrost, barbarian guards in Everfrost, the giant brothers in Frontier Mountains, Burning Woods giant fort, or the entrances of Chardok or Sebilis.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

COTH a person to PoM, which will fund a plvl for a lvl. Best mage solo ever
Old 12-28-2017, 12:47 AM
Sarnak

Going to be up front with ya 55-60 sucks as a mage....you cant really solo AT all best option would be the name giants in the back of the giant mines of frontier mountains chain pets.... 51 earth pet to start with then 49 fire pet and eat pet before kill... i get 1% every 12mins (2 full spawns) there two mobs back there, it does help you have a click DD (burnt wood staff) for that last 10% of health. There is no loot its just xp. Take like 2 back packs full of malacha you will be chaining the F out of pets.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 12-28-2017, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

Life will get easier with the 57 earth pet. I forget what I did pre lvl 57 but butcherblock guards come to mind, maybe the guano room in solb. There's a nice guard circuit by the docks in BB.

I would break 2/3 spawns chaining earth pets with a fire ds. Gate, or use a zone out if you are doing bugs/bats/ldcs and can't kill the adds. I am not captain min/max but this worked for me.

With the 57 earth you can solo the chardok entrance mobs without having to chain pets (once the first 2 spawn is broken), just melt them down with a rain + conj nuke. It's a race to the finish on myrmidons and aruspices, but everything else is a joke.

You can solo summoners as well, but need to time the pet chains near perfectly. Practice makes perfect.
Last edited by Check12345; 12-28-2017 at 06:24 PM..
Old 01-05-2018, 03:52 AM
Sarnak

So I'm looking through Neriak foreign quarter. The ogres and trolls were listed as a good mob to kill. Will the shopkeepers grant xp? I noticed the mobs flagged as warrior are level 50 but the shopkeepers are 40.

How much tougher are the level 50 mobs? I use to kill Jsvan but he ended up being too easy and I'm looking for new prey.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

Seb NG Great to duo. Scarabs will yield lot of gems to sell for pp.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

I did NG as a 60 enc w/ an epic mage. I slowed, pet soloed everything, profit. Could probably do the same with 57 earth pet, although named would probably be a tad rougher. Even epic got down to 40-50% on some of them.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm looking through Neriak foreign quarter. The ogres and trolls were listed as a good mob to kill. Will the shopkeepers grant xp? I noticed the mobs flagged as warrior are level 50 but the shopkeepers are 40.

How much tougher are the level 50 mobs? I use to kill Jsvan but he ended up being too easy and I'm looking for new prey.
I haven't done that camp in forever, and I did it on my Shaman, but as I remember it the level 50s weren't hard they just had a ton of hit points.

Not sure about the vendors though as I never tried them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:38 AM
Banned

Just bind at Seb and group there.
Closed Thread