Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-15-2017, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guess I never bothered to calculate out what FT15 would require, so yea you're right on it not being achievable anyways on P99.

But you still never know, Ele did link some GM rewards in one of those threads that in theory could bring a select few individuals to that limit. And if custom content ever rolls out, could see these type of items being implemented.
Nope - there is not enough different iterations of Flowing thought in this era to come close to 15.

Priests at best can get 6 and Casters at best get 8 only with Tunare loot...
Last edited by Erati; 12-15-2017 at 02:46 PM..
Old 01-16-2018, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

I've no clue if this was brought up in the other FT threads (I'm to tired to look), but during some ClassicQuest I ran across this dev comment that states no Mana Regen items should stack with others.

Long post, basically when FT items were being discovered the caster community actually got mad at Verant because they previously said such items would likely never exist (Verant could never win!).

Anyways, long post but here it is:
https://web.archive.org/web/20010822...ve/arc11.shtml

Quote:
Flowing Thoughts
[Quote: First, Guys be honest, you created item with mana regen on it and therefore broke the promise the you wouldn't do this. It does not matter that it's not as good as clarity 2 (neither is clarity 1) and is dropped by one of the most powerful mobs in the game. Just admit you did it and go on.

Second, Does this cheapen the enchanter class? As I understand the item, it is basically like the haste items the melee types covet. So as long as Flowing Thought stacks with clarity (which I understand it does), it should make the enchanter even more desirable for the fastest mana regen possible.

Third, Perhaps you should stop making promises as you tend to have to break them...

Just my 2cp
Nalenye dell'Arte
Level 52 Enchanter of the Tribunal ]

I am being honest. We DID add an item that give mana regeneration.

But we did not promise never to do so. That's the part where there is some misunderstanding.

Flowing Thought IN NO WAY reduces the desire for, or the usefulness of, enchanters and their ability to cast Clarity spells. The implication that it does (even if every character on every server had an item that gave Flowing Thought) is wrong. I find it offensive that people are unwilling to actually examine the effects of this item before calling us liars and thieves and other less than polite names.

Flowing Thought stacks with all enchanter and bard mana regeneration spells and songs. It won't stack with other items that regenerate mana.

It provides far, far less mana than Clarity.

It only appears on items found in the Plane of Hate and are no drop. So you won't find anyone under 46th level with an item like this.

But, oddly, those of you that decided to be offended by this item made no effort to discover the truth of the matter first. This might be because Flowing Thought is hard to get a hold of. Being offended at the addition of an extremely rare item that, indeed, has no impact on you or your chosen class is pretty silly, now isn't it.

I'm sorry for the rant. But being painted the villain, having our product and our reputations attacked without cause, is not something that I'll accept.
Now, I'll be the first to admit that Absor is no Gordon Wrinn, he did make mistakes on communicating information (such as saying it dropped in PoH when he meant PoF). However the context of the post should be taken into consideration about how 'little' mana these were meant to generate and would never be more than Clarity.

Edit: Should be noted that comments were from 5/4/2001.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:17 AM
Aviak

That post contain to many error to be taken seriously, the guy had no clue what he was talking about
Old 08-28-2018, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

bump
Old 09-07-2018, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

bamp
Old 10-11-2018, 03:21 AM
Orc

I think the 2001 date on that Verant quote holds up as I think the quote refers to the Brain of Cazic Thule. There was plenty of chatter about that item in April 2001 on Allakhazam for example and I recall drooling over it back then but I don't see how it relates to a Velious era EQ. We have tradable flowing thought items now and it's obvious that the quote refers to the original concept of a flowing thought item where only planar level characters can loot it. So I view that quote as not in the spirit of a Velious era EQ.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

bump