Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 01:58 AM
Kobold

Didnt cry but was pretty sad. When the twins on FFII sacrificed them self's to save the group. Tragic and sad day for me.

Another sad day was when Trammel came out in Ultima Online and ruined the game. Saddest day in gaming history!

Most pissed off is probably playing Ultima Online on dial up and call waiting would kick you off. Best game I've ever played. Ultima Online in 99 was soooo much fun. My GM thief was a blast and will always be missed.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:09 PM
Large Rat

me and a friend were dueling in commonlands just messing around ,i took it to far and killed him, he was bound far away. he called me up in tears yelling at me, claiming his older brother was gonna beat me up. was fucked up and i felt awful

early in luclin on live, i traded accounts with a friend from school, all was well but i didnt like the chars that much even tho they were higher level. thing is we never officially traded, just swapped passwords cause we diddnt have access to our parents cc's. he moved away and shit got even more convoluted. eventually the credit cards changed and i didnt have an account anymore, so i stopped playing, and parents ended eq sub on the other account.

tried to get parents onboard to get it going again but they were tired of all this unheard of at the time video game credit card bullshit and said fuck off. i felt horrible, i dont remember crying but im pretty sure i did
Old 01-14-2018, 01:21 PM
Large Rat

come to think of it... if that didnt happen i probably would have continued to play live for a long long time, and been one of these hardcore EQ people. instead i stopped at luclin (the glory days, praise be) and didnt return until randomly quitting Rift after a breif stint a few years ago, and thinking... man, all this time im just trying to relive how much fun i had as
a kid way back in everquest. did a few google searches watched a p99 video and the rest is history.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just would like to state for the record and my own dignity that I was being sarcastic.
Lies.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhs13501 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
come to think of it... if that didnt happen i probably would have continued to play live for a long long time, and been one of these hardcore EQ people. instead i stopped at luclin (the glory days, praise be) and didnt return until randomly quitting Rift after a breif stint a few years ago, and thinking... man, all this time im just trying to relive how much fun i had as
a kid way back in everquest. did a few google searches watched a p99 video and the rest is history.
that's awesome, welcome back! Originally my post was sort of trolling but Dald hit the nail on the head. The real emotion we feel playing eq all stem from the level of immersion we had as kids! Really can't ever re-create that but P99 does an amazing job!
Old 01-15-2018, 11:10 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's awesome, welcome back! Originally my post was sort of trolling but Dald hit the nail on the head. The real emotion we feel playing eq all stem from the level of immersion we had as kids! Really can't ever re-create that but P99 does an amazing job!
nostalgia junkies anonymous

*p99
Old 01-15-2018, 11:35 PM
Banned

loooooool
Old 01-16-2018, 01:10 PM
Banned

Cried from laughing so hard when I first saw this go down in 2006:

https://youtu.be/MEpv7YxnLCQ
Old 01-16-2018, 08:04 PM
Kobold

I didn't cry, but when my dear ol' ma uninstalled EQ from my computer back in '00, I ran away from home.

And I'd goddamn do it again.
Closed Thread