Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Aviak

The wiki says Deputy Looh in Misty is immune to magic.

But for that to be true, Necro spells would have to be non-magic.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

I didnt read all the replies. but if you are a 54 necro... duo charming CoM ramparts is where its at. anything else is secondary exp.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Kobold

Whatever you do DONT KILL THE GNOMES life is hard enough at 2 feet tall. Go kill those tall Halflings - heck their loot sells for more anyhow
Old 11-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

I think halflings are worth it in your thirties and forties but after that you can't really xp off them.

I'm doing this at 54/55 so I need to do it in cities where the avg level is 40-43. Kaladim has been great so far if you can split the entrance. Would be next to impossible if you can't safely lock down 5-6 mobs.

Other zones that have guards 39-43 are:
- Halas: definately not going to do as in a Barb. Doesn't really look worth it as they only appear to have 2hs weps and its pretty tight in that city.
- Grobb: they don't list the guards for that zone but I seem to remember them being 40ish. Would be worth it for sword and shield (easy cash) although finding a vendor nearby would be tough unless you really like running.
- Kaladim: awesome so far. Bind at druid rings and run back. I can do full entrance at this point (healthy mix of high lb/db mobs). I tried going further towards the king but unfortunately you run into A Bloodforge Captain who is probably 45-46. Although he's not really too hard (malo'd, perma-rooted and slowed for early breaks) he has around 8k hp which basically guarantees everything is going to pop behind you as you dot him down.
- Felwithe: looks good if you can fear kite there (heard of Necros doing this handily). Are they actually Paladins and do they cast? Not worth it if its the case unless you can keep them from LoH/other pally spells.
- Kelethin: saw an ikky monk doing it. Appeared to actually work fairly well. My biggest concern with this was z axis agro from "gate" guards at the lift but they didn't join the fight even though they were right below him. I would be wary of wandering GM's but overall this looked really promising.
- Ak'Anon: there appear to be some NPC's in here that would be worth killing but overall the distribution seems pretty high. Would probably have to roam to see anything worthwhile.
- WFP: done all the time. No explanation needed.
- EFP: if you don't care about banking or can bypass the KOS issue it would seem these guards would be fairly good too. Loot table on them is promising.
- O****: done already by druids and other quadding classes. Dece loot and lots of places to kite. I think these are 40 as well.

I'm really interested in this because I think the "mid-end" game is very overcrowded. My baseline for "good" has always been loot/availability/viability versus solo/camps in similar dungeons (KC, SolB etc...).

Fwiw I made around 2.5k in just over 9 hours doing dwarves and their associated brethren outside Kaladim. Also got 2.5 oranges which I think is fairly decent.

Post your stories herr!!!

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 11-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Instead of posting a new thread, was wondering if anyone knew the levels of the four guards at the wall in Misty Thicket/gate guards to Rivervale are?
Old 11-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instead of posting a new thread, was wondering if anyone knew the levels of the four guards at the wall in Misty Thicket/gate guards to Rivervale are?
Iirc they're level 30.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- Grobb: they don't list the guards for that zone but I seem to remember them being 40ish. Would be worth it for sword and shield (easy cash) although finding a vendor nearby would be tough unless you really like running.
there are ogre vendors in Feerott that i believe will sell to anyone. one is right on the river, north end, east side. he's conned indifferent to every toon i've ran past him.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there are ogre vendors in Feerott that i believe will sell to anyone. one is right on the river, north end, east side. he's conned indifferent to every toon i've ran past him.
That's awesome! I always thought Oggok was popular for druids due to the wolf form faction nulifaction. Didn't realize you could sell in the Feerrott.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

lots of vendors in feerrott will be KOS to you, but there's a few scattered around that are indifferent