Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Default Human caster?

I think I have it down to Cleric Wizard or Necro for green and either human or DE.

In the event I end up going with one of the pure casters is there anyway to justify playing a human? Do they have any advantage I'm not seeing to even out the lower starting intelligence?

It isn't a huge deal and I always go with what race I like the look of and which I feel like playing, but I like both races here and am looking for other factors I haven't thought of yet when choosing my race.

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2019, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

You like it is justification enough. Otherwise Humans do have a few modest advantages. Neutral-ish faction makes getting around the world a little more convenient than on something like a Dark Elf. They also tend to have higher strength than the other INT caster types, so you can carry more stuff before getting encumbered and suffering reduced movement speed. Maybe it's not much, but it's not nothing, either.

Danth
Old 10-11-2019, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

Don't overlook true classic nighttime and blindness of the race.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Human Necro has issues buying spells because some spells (Gate, Minor Shielding, etc) are only sold in the casters guild that they're kos too.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human Necro has issues buying spells because some spells (Gate, Minor Shielding, etc) are only sold in the casters guild that they're kos too.
They're not KOS in the casters guild in Freeport, they are dubious. Which means you still can't buy them.

You are, however, KOS in the Neriak casters guild. I can speak to that from experience.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Human clerics can be flavorful. They look great and have interesting diety choices.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:03 PM
Kobold

I was pretty amazed at how much better other races, especially Dark Elves, see at night in this game. From my understanding, the staff is going out off their way to add Shader's to make it seem more authentic. If this is true, Human may be a very trying experience. Gamma won't fix Shaders. Anyone know the deal?
Old 10-11-2019, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Funny thing is that's part of why I preferred humans. Infravision made monsters look red. Ultravision made everything look indigo. Between it all I thought of dark night-time as the least annoying option. We don't have those nuisances on P99, either, unfortunately.

Danth
Old 10-11-2019, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

One note about the human caster would be that the both get infravision spells, necro at 8 and wiz at 16, so not as bad as it would be otherwise.

I do remember playing a human monk as my first toon near launch and it was crazy dark for sure lol.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Eyepatch. You can be half blind AND night blind. Yar!
Closed Thread