Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like we're in for at least 4 years of the most boring, order and CSPAN style news cycles like its the late 90's again.
All my neighbors took down their flags yesterday and its been quiet. A lot less police choppers in the air. White rural neighborhood, FL.

Think everyone is knapping off the dopa high they got from TV yesterday.

Pretty sure that the president (Trump) has lost Fox. And a lot of people will not be drinking his particular brand of Fox flavour kool-aid. It's only the day after. Who knows?

But maybe Trump just cemented a democratic base that will basically vote strictly blue.

I vetoed a lot of state laws, stuff this election, essentially voting no on almost everything.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except they aren't working under any capitalist model, They would never have existed and would cease to exist if they could be sued for libel/slander. Pretty hilarious how ignorant you are of this reality.
They also wouldn't have existed if someone just made a proper competitor and pushed them out of the market.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:36 PM
Banned

Elon Musk is now richer than Jeff Bezos so I am pretty skeptical of capital valuation atm
Old 01-07-2021, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong. He can be sued during or after his presidency. presidents have no protection from civil disputes, only criminal ones during their presidential terms.

Need to start charging the trash on this forum for basic civics lessons.
Not fully correct. So you probably shouldn't talk about civics lessons. Presidents can't be sued in state courts for civil damages for actions taken during their presidency. Now, what's not entirely clear from the jurisprudence (big word, let me know if you need me to define it for you since it has a lot of syllables) is what exactly an an official action in their capacity as President...is a tweet slandering someone in a political party about something an official act? Or is that something that isn't subject to the President's immunity? It hasn't been fully tested enough in court.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All my neighbors took down their flags yesterday and its been quiet. A lot less police choppers in the air. White rural neighborhood, FL.

Think everyone is knapping off the dopa high they got from TV yesterday.

Pretty sure that the president (Trump) has lost Fox. And a lot of people will not be drinking his particular brand of Fox flavour kool-aid. It's only the day after. Who knows?

But maybe Trump just cemented a democratic base that will basically vote strictly blue.

I vetoed a lot of state laws, stuff this election, essentially voting no on almost everything.
"It's darkest before the dawn"

TBH I think the R establishment can use these recent events to cut the chord with Trump and detoxify their brand over the next 2-4 years.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Divide and conquer, oldest trick in the book. Keep ordering Chinese garbage from Amazon tho.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Divide and conquer, oldest trick in the book. Keep ordering Chinese garbage from Amazon tho.
I basically boycott all capitalist businesses. /s (meant to be light humor).

But if I can make something or recycle from free stuff I do that.

My sister gave me some free Gatorade zero cuz she was worried I wasn't getting enough electrolytes. I have saved one and rinsed it, been using it like a canteen. Didn't even bother with soap yet.

I'm very frugal. *pats own head*
Old 01-07-2021, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

I don't mean this as an attack Mag, I hope you're aware that I view you as one of the really useful posters on this forum, but I think the following information might be of interest to anyone considering reusing 'disposable' plastics:

I heard reusing single use plastics can cause them to leach oestrogenic chemicals into their contents, with potentially feminising affects.

That cautionary note aside, I'm all for reuse, reduce, recycle.

It's normally a corporate mantra that is spoken but not done.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't mean this as an attack Mag, I hope you're aware that I view you as one of the really useful posters on this forum, but I think the following information might be of interest to anyone considering reusing 'disposable' plastics:

I heard reusing single use plastics can cause them to leach oestrogenic chemicals into their contents, with potentially feminising affects.

That cautionary note aside, I'm all for reuse, reduce, recycle.

It's normally a corporate mantra that is spoken but not done.
Oh yeah was a good post and a serious consideration. 🤗
Old 01-07-2021, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"It's darkest before the dawn"

TBH I think the R establishment can use these recent events to cut the chord with Trump and detoxify their brand over the next 2-4 years.
already in progress. Just hope no third party arises to replace them. (I doubt it will.)
Closed Thread