Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issues [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too many players logged in is some bulllllllllshit. how many at char select, how many afk whacking off etc...
I wack off at the keyboard
Old 01-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Orc

would love to play with y'all on mid, sadly still can't download the patch.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Don't even bother trying. The server cap is 800 now and with Uthgard closed you're gonna have a lot of competition trying to get in.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckrilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When did they put the cap back @ 800? lol..

These devs are so f'ing bad at updating the general public about any changes, whether minute or huge.
It DOES suck big time, especially since they supposedly upgraded their server hardware over the last weekend, which was supposed to take care of their problems and increase the player cap, not reduce it.

The cap last week until the weekend was 1300, now they upgrade the servers and its down to 800 again!? Not to mention they let cheaters get away with their bs in the frontiers, where they take guard-less keeps and steal everyone else's relics without much effort whatsoever.

I was really looking forward to the server being stable after their upgrades, as well as fixing the major bugs, so much for that plan. It might be a good idea to just step away for a couple of weeks and let them sort it out.

I hope they atleast do a complete reset (wipe) after they iron out the major bugs and fix PvE and RvR.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 01-29-2014, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

They won't wipe, I know that, and it's not a question of hardware. They simply don't know what they're doing. They're trying but I don't have a whole lot of faith at this point. They seem like amateurs who are using someone else's buggy code, which is exactly what they're doing by the way. They go and foul up that code even more, then post on other forums asking for help in fixing things.

Not much faith. It may take a LONG time to fix the server.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:37 PM
Banned

Even I would support a wipe.

They bought new equipment to fix bad code, when all they had to do was revert to the way it was at start with the Zerg fest.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:54 PM
Orc

Finally got the patch figured out and got in, made a dwarf named Taelorn going Skald. Now time to re-familiarize myself with the game
Old 01-30-2014, 01:09 AM
Aviak

Im giving up on origins for now. It's an endless waste of time. It's a shame they have 8000 registered accounts.. i would say maybe 5000 unique players.. but they will lose them quickly.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:10 AM
Sarnak

Got in some great RvR action tonight after the lag subsided. Rolled Albs as per usual, but got rolled by <Faceless> everytime. 2 Bards + 2 Druids is sooooo stupid! Full templates and RR5 - GG
Old 01-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

I'm on my last ounce of faith for this server. Every single day i try to log on, it takes 30mins to an hour of consistent trying (usually due to cap). I then play for a whopping 5 laggy mins, crash and can't log back on for another 30mins to an hour.

Anyways, as i've said before, it's great that there is demand, but these individuals here dun fucked up hard. Maybe the Uthgard revamp will do it right.

See you guys then.
Closed Thread