Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:55 PM
Decaying Skeleton

My red toon is a lvl 9 Necro that's stuck in a boring FoB grind I'd be interested!
Old 06-22-2020, 04:25 PM
Kobold

Moogle is awesome! He had literally corpsed dozens of epics and was able to get a group of us up to level 41 in one night.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't do Red. Never will. Too clumsy. I can die plenty of times on my own, without other players ganking me lol
Why do people think this.

If you were surrounded by people telling you chocolate ice cream was shit, you'd never try it, and then complain not enough people eat chocolate ice cream to enjoy it.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Moogle is awesome! He had literally corpsed dozens of epics and was able to get a group of us up to level 41 in one night.
LVL 41 in one night is the fundamental problem with a server that’s 9 years old with 3 expansions of content. This game has never been about pixeling your brains out at the end. It’s always about the journey. And quite frankly if your investment to a server is lvl 41 in one night/plane gear with port bots then the server prob not going to encourage fun fun very long time. It will however encourage stragglers who haven’t played eq in a while and just venturing 8 years late to the party and the guys who have been here and probably will be here until it’s remainder.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LVL 41 in one night is the fundamental problem with a server that’s 9 years old with 3 expansions of content. This game has never been about pixeling your brains out at the end. It’s always about the journey. And quite frankly if your investment to a server is lvl 41 in one night/plane gear with port bots then the server prob not going to encourage fun fun very long time. It will however encourage stragglers who haven’t played eq in a while and just venturing 8 years late to the party and the guys who have been here and probably will be here until it’s remainder.
Except that (and correct me if I'm wrong here) the people being recruited are the ones that have already completed the journey several times over, but cannot access end game content due to competition for it on Blue. There's also the incredibly different dynamic of that content on a PvP server. Both of those things don't require you having to go through "the journey" an 11th time. I have ALWAYS played this game for the journey, but this proposal certainly intrigued me to the point of actually making a character on red.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Dude we are talking pvp not end game dragons you bozo
Old 06-22-2020, 09:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except that (and correct me if I'm wrong here) the people being recruited are the ones that have already completed the journey several times over, but cannot access end game content due to competition for it on Blue.
You are correct.

I have several characters on Blue that are SS geared and epiced, but my life does not allow me to sock mobs for 16 hours a day, even once a week. I like the challenge of soloing and small-manning content, which is impossible to do on Blue. My enchanter has been parked at Lodi for months now (on Blue), trying to get a chance to solo him, but even when I log in immediately on a quake, I have had no chance of getting FTE. This is just one example, but there are many other (i.e. when was the last time a golem was soloed on Blue?). I'd rather play casually on Red and have a chance at content like that, then play on Blue and only be able to zerg mobs.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do people think this.

If you were surrounded by people telling you chocolate ice cream was shit...
Sorry, if I upset you, I'm just way way to slow, bad, clumsy player for PvP. I just don't enjoy or like it. Ever. (actually, proper description is: I hate it! I tried it before in some other games)

The only reason I posted/responded was, because someone was asking for new players, low level on Blue Server. After I submitted 'reply button', I saw, there was Red server involved, so I added that part of the comment, basically through joke notifying OP that I'm not interested.

Question for Red server: can I (always if I want) refuse pvp request? Even if so, current population would make my leveling journey on Red feeling very lonely.

Maybe solution could be, one of the other two servers enables PvP, but only when both parties agree for the battle? It could be interesting for bystanders too...
Old 06-23-2020, 01:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, if I upset you, I'm just way way to slow, bad, clumsy player for PvP. I just don't enjoy or like it. Ever. (actually, proper description is: I hate it! I tried it before in some other games)

The only reason I posted/responded was, because someone was asking for new players, low level on Blue Server. After I submitted 'reply button', I saw, there was Red server involved, so I added that part of the comment, basically through joke notifying OP that I'm not interested.

Question for Red server: can I (always if I want) refuse pvp request? Even if so, current population would make my leveling journey on Red feeling very lonely.

Maybe solution could be, one of the other two servers enables PvP, but only when both parties agree for the battle? It could be interesting for bystanders too...
What you might be interested in is the /duel function. Red is not that.
Closed Thread