Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 06:24 PM
Kobold

I absolutely think that lockouts would create a more inclusive atmosphere that allow other guilds access to content. On the other hand, having the lockouts determined by racing effectively excludes 99% of the players on the server from competing, an objective GIANT LEAP in the direction of exclusivity. Even more annoyingly, it reinforces this wall staring paradigm that is not only fucking terrible, it isn't even strictly classic.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I absolutely think that lockouts would create a more inclusive atmosphere that allow other guilds access to content. On the other hand, having the lockouts determined by racing effectively excludes 99% of the players on the server from competing, an objective GIANT LEAP in the direction of exclusivity. Even more annoyingly, it reinforces this wall staring paradigm that is not only fucking terrible, it isn't even strictly classic.
This is just dumb , you can have million on line back in day, don’t limit racers. there was no exclusivity. It helped casuals a lot having time to setup, they won’t compete on live pulls. Did you raid in 2017?
Old 12-11-2020, 06:43 PM
Kobold

I'm not talking about exclusivity in the sense of how many people are allowed on the line. I mean it in the sense that not everybody is a racer. People can contribute in a ton of ways under the current system that sets your guild up for success. Clutch blurs, skillful pulls, cleric chains breaking off to effectively heal adds getting off tanked, bots parked, DKP tracked, etc. Saying that all mobs are now determined by a race effectively locks out everyone that doesn't want to or is unable to race from competing for content, which is the vast majority of the players on the server. Hell, even parking yourself and responding to a bp quickly is a worthwhile metric for success that goes out the window.

I didn't start playing EQ until last year, but I don't need to have raided when races were a thing to realize how many many people, including people in the guilds winning mobs, that completely removes from the competitive element of the game. Shit, when I was in AM I never saw you on the line, either. Only heard you pop into TS to talk shit or ask if people want DS lol.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not talking about exclusivity in the sense of how many people are allowed on the line. I mean it in the sense that not everybody is a racer. People can contribute in a ton of ways under the current system that sets your guild up for success. Clutch blurs, skillful pulls, cleric chains breaking off to effectively heal adds getting off tanked, bots parked, DKP tracked, etc. Saying that all mobs are now determined by a race effectively locks out everyone that doesn't want to or is unable to race from competing for content, which is the vast majority of the players on the server. Hell, even parking yourself and responding to a bp quickly is a worthwhile metric for success that goes out the window.

I didn't start playing EQ until last year, but I don't need to have raided when races were a thing to realize how many many people, including people in the guilds winning mobs, that completely removes from the competitive element of the game. Shit, when I was in AM I never saw you on the line, either. Only heard you pop into TS to talk shit or ask if people want DS lol.
What are you talking about there was no line in AM. Tov races ended before Rustle disbanded. I did plenty of time in roles including raid leading in AM, who were you in AM? Probably no one. You still have to go fight to the mobs even with lockouts.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:52 PM
Kobold

Kael races absolutely existed when both you and I were in AM. Kinda funny that the guy advocating for races doesn't even know where the race line is.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Kael races absolutely existed when both you and I were in AM. Kinda funny that the guy advocating for races doesn't even know where the race line is.
Kael racing is not tov racing and lockouts didn’t exist, hope that helps. Who were you again?
Old 12-11-2020, 06:58 PM
Kobold

Kael racing is racing, and you didn't do it. Your actions speak volumes more than your empty words.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Kael racing is racing, and you didn't do it. Your actions speak volumes more than your empty words.
Gonna keep staying anon or say who ya are?
Old 12-11-2020, 06:59 PM
Kobold

Sorry you didn't get in game name
Old 12-11-2020, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sorry you didn't get in game name
Just another fake riot person spewing rhetoric, sorry you are afraid to say who you are.
Closed Thread