Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 07:56 PM
Fire Giant

RH can't cover buys because their float capital comes from a company that not only was short on GME themselves, but also loaned money to bail out Melvin who then doubled down instead of pulling out.

I know most of you are poor and your investments are made up, but you'll eventually end up with your shares at who knows what value as well as your cash -- up to 500K. If you entered with crypto, you might be SOL.
Old 01-28-2021, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RH can't cover buys because their float capital comes from a company that not only was short on GME themselves, but also loaned money to bail out Melvin who then doubled down instead of pulling out.

I know most of you are poor and your investments are made up, but you'll eventually end up with your shares at who knows what value as well as your cash -- up to 500K. If you entered with crypto, you might be SOL.
what are you saying - expect robinhood to go out of bidness and screw everyone?
Old 01-28-2021, 08:33 PM
Banned

Buying a failing business who’s stock price has gone up 100s to 1000s of percent in a few days is a terrible idea no matter how you look at it.... happy for those who made money on the Momentum and squeeze but there are much less risky plays that can be made that will still profit you monster gains, just gotta be in it for a little more of the long haul.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Start shorting Robin Hood
Old 01-28-2021, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legit question- What's something like.. Fun that you do in life.. It's like your chalk full to the brim with fucking knowledge man, and thats really dope, it is i promise...

But like... Do you just read shit all the time?! Just the way you talk is always all proper and intense.. Which again is coo, i clearly do not have those skills.. But do you ever just feel the need to jump on one of those large trampolines? Or like, build a zip line in some random woods? Maybe find a patch of ice and run and slide on it? How or does kittylady have an inter child/teenager still in them?
these sound like date ideas, hornee jeff.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT6 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just a fyi, most of the platforms are restricting selling , meaning the people who made great profit cant sell and have to ride it down.

I promise you can buy gamestop on any platform you want other then robin hood
Robinhood was allowing selling but no more buying I believe
Old 01-28-2021, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT6 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just a fyi, most of the platforms are restricting selling , meaning the people who made great profit cant sell and have to ride it down.

I promise you can buy gamestop on any platform you want other then robin hood
/Shrug I've read exactly the opposite. What platforms didn't let people sell?

I don't use any of these platforms or trade stocks, but comments on reddit of people saying other platforms like webull doing the same thing. If these brokers have users that are overexposed to gme I could understand the desire to pause their clients abilities to rack up more exposure to a stock for a useless company, but it's definitely bad optics. I think rh said they'll allow limited buys tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:58 PM
Banned

How can you sell if no one is allowed to buy? Who you selling to?
Old 01-29-2021, 12:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legit question- What's something like.. Fun that you do in life.. It's like your chalk full to the brim with fucking knowledge man, and thats really dope, it is i promise...

But like... Do you just read shit all the time?! Just the way you talk is always all proper and intense.. Which again is coo, i clearly do not have those skills.. But do you ever just feel the need to jump on one of those large trampolines? Or like, build a zip line in some random woods? Maybe find a patch of ice and run and slide on it? How or does kittylady have an inter child/teenager still in them?

He steams around in full limpwristed impotent rage accusing hims imaginary internet friends of grevious transgressions day every day. That's why we deplatformed him. No clue why you all haven't done the same.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:40 AM
Sarnak

fat
Closed Thread