Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Enchanter's power level? Multiple choice allowed.
Non-classically overpowered and needs nerf 66 33.33%
Non-classically overpowered and does not need nerf 19 9.60%
Classically overpowered and needs nerf (Bard, Nec, etc examples) 23 11.62%
Classically overpowered and does not need nerf 88 44.44%
Trivializes content and needs nerf 42 21.21%
Trivializes content and does not need nerf 16 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

Nerf enc, necs, shamans who solo too well.
Also monks who aren't meant to take hits so well.

Definitely nerfs bards too. AE kiting LOL.

Then maybe we can finally enjoy some EQ?
Old 03-20-2021, 05:14 AM
Planar Protector

if ur class cant solo shit then whats the fuckin point of playing it lol
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-20-2021, 06:54 AM
Banned

enchanters suck alone, let em be.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're just supporting ignorance. No shit enchanters weren't played at all the same as they are played now in p99. How p99 EverQuest is played in 2020 is NOTHING like it was in 1999. You people like to ignore the fact that WE, THE PLAYERS IN 2021, ARE THE MOST NONCLASSIC THING ABOUT P99 BY FAR. I mained enchanter in live and while I did at times charm solo (especially after PoP release but even before and also WITHOUT J Boots or a Goblin Ring too mind you!), when I was in a group I almost never charmed. But, Azxten is completely ignoring the real major factors why this is the case: faster internet connections and hardware, software assistance like GINA, and massive game knowledge for a 20-year-old game so we know how to do things like maxing CHA. Back in live, you weren't expected to charm but you are expected to now in p99 for these reasons. Things like much less delay, not having GINA audio cues, and the knowledge we have today makes a WORLD of difference.

Also, Azxten has a history of making bullshit assertions with no real evidence. He's made basically this exact thread already and he'll make it again sometime in the future. The guy has issues. He's been like this for so long and can't let it go.
These excuses simply don't hold water. People on P1999 like to pretend that players in the classic era were all wholly ignorant of game mechanics and playing the game on toasters connected to the internet through a tin can and a string. The reality is that the mechanics of the game were well-understood by the hardcore playerbase in the old days, and that plenty of people were playing on high-end gaming PCs with broadband internet. I know because I was one of them.

There were plenty of old school players who were extremely talented, knowledgeable and who had good hardware and connections. And yet Enchanters were not the godlike charming class in the classic era the way they are on P1999. They were a class that specialized in CC and buffing. Further, as azxten pointed out, anyone who played in the classic era remembers just how contentious an issue class balance was for both the developers and the playerbase. The idea that Enchanters would have been knowingly allowed to run roughshod through the game with charm when the original developers were still in charge is completely asinine. If such things had been happening Enchanters would have been nerfed into the ground with a vengeance. But they weren't because charm mechanics in the classic era were already much more unforgiving than on P1999, and so no nerf was needed.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

http://www.afterlifeguild.org/Thott/bard_charm.php

a discussion about charm from possibly one of the most knowledgeable players overall in classic - velious EQ. If you read through all eras of charm are discussed briefly, and gives the indication that charm was used by Enchanters as well in the classic, kunark, and velious era.
Old 03-20-2021, 11:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nerf enc, necs, shamans who solo too well.
Also monks who aren't meant to take hits so well.

Definitely nerfs bards too. AE kiting LOL.

Then maybe we can finally enjoy some EQ?
Necro and Bard already were nerfed retard. That's part of the problem is that other classic mechanics were nerfed but Enchanter who has non-classic mechanics is being left alone.
Old 03-20-2021, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Op is right about every single thing he said
Old 03-20-2021, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Op is right about every single thing he said
I doubt OP has been right about anything in life. He's repeatedly lied on here on about easily testable facts in order to continue this bullshit crusade of his against enchanters. He's demonstrated zero understanding of enchanters on p99 or during the classic time period. All he does is cherry pick things and ignore all contrary evidence. I can find you plenty of contemporary shaman saying they are the worst class in the game, their buffs don't do any, etc. Doesn't make it true some moron was bleating about something on a newgroup or wherever.
Old 03-20-2021, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

This thread is pretty sad.
Old 03-20-2021, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt OP has been right about anything in life. He's repeatedly lied on here on about easily testable facts in order to continue this bullshit crusade of his against enchanters. He's demonstrated zero understanding of enchanters on p99 or during the classic time period. All he does is cherry pick things and ignore all contrary evidence. I can find you plenty of contemporary shaman saying they are the worst class in the game, their buffs don't do any, etc. Doesn't make it true some moron was bleating about something on a newgroup or wherever.
What did I lie about? What are these easily testable facts? I'm always open to evidence or claims opposing what I'm stating.

I am still waiting for that evidence Enchanters were charming in planes during classic era and using charmed pets in dragon fights. All the evidence I see supports the idea that charm soloing was possible but it was only efficient in outdoor zones with good gearing. There was also charm soloing in dungeons on big mobs like FGs in solb but many posts openly admit the huge risk of death in these situations that is minimal on P99.

Everyone gets caught up in the idea that Charm obviously was possible like it is on P99. They're ignoring my argument that the risk is just not as present as live primarily due to channeling. I don't know why that enrages everyone. Channeling is not classic. End of story.

Are you saying the channeling evidence isn't good enough? It doesn't impact Enchanter? I don't know. All you seem to do is come in here and insult me like a pathetic loser.

P.S. Most of the claims in this thread and links to bug reports aren't even from me. I'm just aggregating everything to show how much Enchanter is being ignored in terms of bugs. So my "lies" are just primarily the work of others like Dolalin. I'm just pushing the issue instead of letting all these evidence backed bug reports fade away. Also for the record I completely understand the devs difficult position related to these bugs but it has reached a point that the P99 meta is too heavily focused on Enchanter and is damaging the community. That's all.
Last edited by azxten; 03-20-2021 at 12:42 PM..
Closed Thread