Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Enchanter's power level? Multiple choice allowed.
Non-classically overpowered and needs nerf 66 33.33%
Non-classically overpowered and does not need nerf 19 9.60%
Classically overpowered and needs nerf (Bard, Nec, etc examples) 23 11.62%
Classically overpowered and does not need nerf 88 44.44%
Trivializes content and needs nerf 42 21.21%
Trivializes content and does not need nerf 16 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 06:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol that reminds me of that one time I took a friend on his cleric to HS west wing to get him some exp, on my 60 enc a couple years ago.

I usually sleepwalk through this place, leveled so many toons there.

Ended up wiping with just two mobs + my pet (not even a good one!) at the trap area (not even a tricky spot!).

Sometimes you just get unlucky, get interrupted / bashed, and your HP's go to zero, and you can't do anything about it. It was so embarassing though.
Performance anxiety is a thing!

On live I had a 70 war. I would farm AA by running around The Hole, picking up every single ghost/golem in the zone, popping some vet abilities, activating furious (riposte disc) and clicking rampage (no shaker page sadly, this was after that nerf). Was a solid way to make 14-30 AA in a pull. One time a friend came to watch and I died as I hit furious too late (which never happened before [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). I swear having a second person in zone / region seems to add a lot more lag compared to doing these singly.

Man, Hole was really abandoned on live for years. I always found it to be an XP goldmine. I'm glad it gets the love it deserves here!
Old 03-28-2021, 11:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/wave Azxten
sup
Old 03-28-2021, 11:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But you’re missing the point of what OP wants done. He wants enchanters essentially completely incapable of charming as an EXP method (really what this probably is about is that he doesn’t want Enchanters to be able to break certain loot camps so that he doesn’t have to compete with them). So making it slightly more difficult wouldn’t satisfy him. That’s why this whole conversation is ultimately pointless.
false... lol ive repeatedly said post kunark chanter is fine as is other than lower lvl channeling
Last edited by azxten; 03-28-2021 at 12:02 PM..
Old 03-28-2021, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

It's amusing to see people talking about Enchanters on P1999 taking skill to play. I mean, they certainly require a modest amount of understanding of the mechanics of the game. But once you clear that bar it's smooth sailing. With the current unclassic state of charm they are, in fact, hilariously easy and overpowered to the extent that they become boring. It's like deer hunting with a machine gun. The fact that so many people will defend this state of affairs shows quite clearly that they are more interested in bagging as many deer as possible than they are in engaging in a traditional sporting contest. One might actually be able to respect such people if they simply came out and said, "You know what, shooting deer with machine guns admittedly isn't traditional or sporting. But it's really fucking fun, ok?" But instead we must endure this tired chorus about how machine-gunning deer is, in fact, traditional and how it was always done this way. Yawn. It's all so tiresome.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's amusing to see people talking about Enchanters on P1999 taking skill to play. I mean, they certainly require a modest amount of understanding of the mechanics of the game. But once you clear that bar it's smooth sailing. With the current unclassic state of charm they are, in fact, hilariously easy and overpowered to the extent that they become boring. It's like deer hunting with a machine gun. The fact that so many people will defend this state of affairs shows quite clearly that they are more interested in bagging as many deer as possible than they are in engaging in a traditional sporting contest. One might actually be able to respect such people if they simply came out and said, "You know what, shooting deer with machine guns admittedly isn't traditional or sporting. But it's really fucking fun, ok?" But instead we must endure this tired chorus about how machine-gunning deer is, in fact, traditional and how it was always done this way. Yawn. It's all so tiresome.
I’m totally happy to see changes and nerfs if there’s evidence for it. The only thing we have evidence for is channeling. If charm is broken provide dev statements and patch notes and post it in the bug forum
Old 03-28-2021, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m totally happy to see changes and nerfs

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-28-2021, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Knows nothing about enchanters on p99, nothing about charm on p99, nothing about classic enchanters, and nothing about classic charm. At least you are consistent.
Old 03-28-2021, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry that your own memory and contradictory 21 year old posts don’t seem compelling to me. Find real evidence.

I don’t even play an enchanter. I just don’t like when people like you and OP complain but display no real evidence beyond channeling
Old 03-28-2021, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
false... lol ive repeatedly said post kunark chanter is fine as is other than lower lvl channeling
I’d respect you more if you just admitted to your real motivations. The fact of the matter is I’ve leveled multiple characters on green and never had an issue finding places to exp. There’s not some epidemic of charming enchanters hogging all the exp spots so that’s no problem. What I think you’re really after is that because enchanters can charm they can compete for certain valuable loot camps with you and you don’t like it; so you want them to nerf enchanters so that you can more easily monopolize a valuable camp to farm loot to sell in EC. If you admitted to your true motivation here I think people would respect your opinion more.
Old 03-28-2021, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I’d respect you more if you just admitted to your real motivations. The fact of the matter is I’ve leveled multiple characters on green and never had an issue finding places to exp. There’s not some epidemic of charming enchanters hogging all the exp spots so that’s no problem. What I think you’re really after is that because enchanters can charm they can compete for certain valuable loot camps with you and you don’t like it; so you want them to nerf enchanters so that you can more easily monopolize a valuable camp to farm loot to sell in EC. If you admitted to your true motivation here I think people would respect your opinion more.
You're such an idiot. Throughout this entire thread I've repeatedly tried to tell idiots like you that Enchanter at level 50+ will basically be exactly the same as it is today so I don't know why they're crying so much. Even channeling is likely correct at high levels already. My focus is on the ease of leveling from 1-50 and how Enchanters carry groups in a non classic manner.

You have just come in here calling me names for like 50 pages now and making up totally retarded conspiracy theories. If I'm trying to somehow monopolize item camps why would I continually say Enchanter 50+ is fine? In fact the only 50+ Enchanter thing that bothers me is their ability to charm in planes and other raid content because it trivializes that content and throws off the entire game design.

My motivation is to make P99 classically difficult so I can enjoy playing again. I don't care who or what gets nerfed. If I was in charge I'd immediately nerf charming raid content pre-kunark, fix channeling, nerf item recharging, nerf Torpor to classic, and set ZEMs to the known classic values. P99 would be about 10x more fun if this happened. It wouldn't be fun for losers like you who want to be easily carried to max level so you can AFK for raid drops and solo item camps without a group but for the rest of us it would be great.
Closed Thread