Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Enchanter's power level? Multiple choice allowed.
Non-classically overpowered and needs nerf 66 33.33%
Non-classically overpowered and does not need nerf 19 9.60%
Classically overpowered and needs nerf (Bard, Nec, etc examples) 23 11.62%
Classically overpowered and does not need nerf 88 44.44%
Trivializes content and needs nerf 42 21.21%
Trivializes content and does not need nerf 16 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Charming is pretty garby pre-mid 30s/maybe a bit lower if grouped and if you can easily access appropriate leveled rogue charms. So this fixation of yours is mainly about making ~15 levels more difficult? ROFLMAO.

And if charming is the real issue and specifically at lower levels, why have you gone as far as blatantly lying about the how animations have too many HPs? I mean, that's the one thing they might actually use in lieu of this supposed OP charming ability that you allegedly have a problem with.

I think you are full of shit, frankly, and don't believe a word out of you mouth.
Old 03-28-2021, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Knows nothing about enchanters on p99, nothing about charm on p99, nothing about classic enchanters, and nothing about classic charm. At least you are consistent.
Sick burn. Go ahead and post more made up stories about your renowned exploits in classic for everyone to laugh at, please.
Old 03-28-2021, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone here loves to attack the messenger; I wonder what that says about the message ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-28-2021, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sick burn. Go ahead and post more made up stories about your renowned exploits in classic for everyone to laugh at, please.
Don't be jelly I was better at elf sim even before I had pubes than you will ever be.
Old 03-28-2021, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone here loves to attack the messenger; I wonder what that says about the message ...
Tends to come with the territory when your message is a profoundly dumb one.
Old 03-28-2021, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

go outside
Old 03-28-2021, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're such an idiot. Throughout this entire thread I've repeatedly tried to tell idiots like you that Enchanter at level 50+ will basically be exactly the same as it is today so I don't know why they're crying so much. Even channeling is likely correct at high levels already. My focus is on the ease of leveling from 1-50 and how Enchanters carry groups in a non classic manner.

You have just come in here calling me names for like 50 pages now and making up totally retarded conspiracy theories. If I'm trying to somehow monopolize item camps why would I continually say Enchanter 50+ is fine? In fact the only 50+ Enchanter thing that bothers me is their ability to charm in planes and other raid content because it trivializes that content and throws off the entire game design.

My motivation is to make P99 classically difficult so I can enjoy playing again. I don't care who or what gets nerfed. If I was in charge I'd immediately nerf charming raid content pre-kunark, fix channeling, nerf item recharging, nerf Torpor to classic, and set ZEMs to the known classic values. P99 would be about 10x more fun if this happened. It wouldn't be fun for losers like you who want to be easily carried to max level so you can AFK for raid drops and solo item camps without a group but for the rest of us it would be great.
Tbh ive almost never seen charming be something that carries a group. Almost every group I’ve been in would be totally fine without the dps from a charmed mob...it’s the Clarity and other buffs that makes the group more efficient lol. Most groups have either a monk and a rogue, or multiple of them, plus a mage etc. The charm DPS is certainly nice but it’s hardly something that the group needs or they’d be like way less efficient.

Such a gross exaggeration on your part lol
Old 03-28-2021, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bring actual evidence other than your own opinion stated as fact and no one would attack you. As usual though you’re posting in this forum and not the bug forum because you have no real evidence
Old 03-28-2021, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

i think my suggestion of this annual thread of last year could work

if we can find a way to require everyone that signs into p99 to accept a lobotomy that makes them think like a 16 year old who has no sense or expectation of what an mmorpg is, we would have a better idea of what it was really like. or if we cant figure that whole thing just hit them in the head really hard

also i recall the ui being a little more clunky with less hotkey support but i think we can simulate that with a few amputated fingers

the target we're after is 40% of the playerbase rolling warriors, like real classic
Old 03-29-2021, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

There definitely is an element of player knowledge.

People have been playing p1999 (and previously EQ) for up to a decade (or longer).

Everyone has seen enchanters using charm, PB stunning and using that to buy time to get things back under control.

Back in 1999-2000, this was rare to see, so charmers had to play under their initiative instead of looting an existing schema. This, coupled with the oft complained of AI issues of pets in early eq meant charm was rarely used, and there were few good examples to emulate.

By 2001, pets seem to be much better behaved, and players are starting to work out and share charm strategies, here is a necromancer post I found Nov 18, 2001 on alt.games.everquest google groups:

Lets say you see two mobs that you would like to kill, for loot and
experience.

You and good old Gabn face off with the two of them, you may find yourself
petless and with two still angry mobs on you... Gabn can't really take two
mobs down all that reliably, although with some luck with fear and snare
and dots you may pull it off after all.

An alternative approach, though is to charm one of the pair, and help it
kill
the other. By the time the target is dead, your "pet" is also likely fairly

hurt... by design, you spend only enough mana to tip the odds in favor
of your pet. Break that charm (or wait for it to break on its own) and you
face an angry, but easily killed, former pet.

For the cost of a charm and enough mana to do a "finishing shot" to two
mobs, you get two kills.

As you note, things don't always work as hoped with this plan, charm
may break and leave you facing both mobs with -no- pet, or the target
may kill your pet while it is still charmed, shorting you of exp and loot
(the charmed mob will poof just like Gabn will if he's killed)

It is advisable to root or snare your charm target before charming it,
so you don't have such worries when things break. Being on SOW
also helps a lot here. I'm not sure necros can charm a necro snared
mob, isn't that a DOT?

Really, by Velious charm should be a viable strategy (for all levels - we're not just talking end game). Especially on blue server where years of mudflation allow gear that far exceeds what a player could reasonably collect in 2 years on live.

Besides rebalancing channeling and maybe implementing network/fps throttles, the biggest fix needed for the charm classes is a reintroduction of the early release pathing/ai bugs. Pets are just too reliable/predictable in vanilla/kunark.
Closed Thread