Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 11:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you guys hate it here so much then play on TAKP or live

these guys are doing this shit for free
Don't direct these monsters to TAKP.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:19 PM
Sarnak

Any update to mage pets? When will they be fixed?
Old 05-19-2021, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by project99toons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any update to mage pets? When will they be fixed?
Apparently they have been placed at pre 2002 numbers and non epic mage pets now suck.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:58 AM
Sarnak

I am really surprised (disappointed?) no dev or p99 admin or whatever you call them cared enough to speak on that matter and explain why the nerf bat hit magicians again and that nothing in the patch notes mentioned it
Old 05-20-2021, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am really surprised (disappointed?) no dev or p99 admin or whatever you call them cared enough to speak on that matter and explain why the nerf bat hit magicians again and that nothing in the patch notes mentioned it
The staff here are allergic to communicating with the playerbase. (In their defense, some members of that player base have done a lot to cause said "allergy").

It hasn't always been this way: Rogean and Nilbog used to be (semi-)active forum participants. But these days we're lucky if we even get a partially complete patch notes, once every six months.

(But hey, I'll take a free EQ server from a silent staff, over a communicative staff that can't build/run a server, any day of the week [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-01-2021, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Not listed:
nilbog; Since the last patch, the berserker cycle should now be working as intended. The impaler cycle still needs more work.
Discord:Boommaster/Tinkermaster#9869
Old 06-03-2021, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff here are allergic to communicating with the playerbase. (In their defense, some members of that player base have done a lot to cause said "allergy").

It hasn't always been this way: Rogean and Nilbog used to be (semi-)active forum participants. But these days we're lucky if we even get a partially complete patch notes, once every six months.

(But hey, I'll take a free EQ server from a silent staff, over a communicative staff that can't build/run a server, any day of the week [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Are you aware of how many guides and full GM's there are on this Project? To say there is no interaction between staff and players is a selfish statement.

A lot of you need to grow up. We aren't teenagers anymore and this is an adult player base with an adult Project manager that has a life.

Yer pal,
Kief
Old 06-04-2021, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

First off, when I said that, I meant it in the context of "communicating about patch notes and why changes in them were made" (ie. what we're talking about); I'm not talking about the staff responding to lost item petitions or whatever.

Second, if I'm wrong about that, then surely you can point me to not just one, but a bunch of posts from Rogean and Nilbog, where they take some time to communicate with the player base and explain recent changes ... right? Or maybe of other staff members here, similarly explaining the patches?

But I don't think you can, because:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loramin
The staff here are allergic to communicating with the playerbase
(... about patch changes ... or really anything else, outside the bug/petition forums.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-04-2021 at 11:45 AM..
Old 06-04-2021, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

P.S. To be clear I'm not saying "Rogean and Nilbog are terrible people for not communicating with us"! In fact, I even wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(In their defense, some members of that player base have done a lot to cause said "allergy").
If not communicating with the player base keeps our benevolent overlords happy, sane, and continuing to volunteer their time to give us a free server to play on ... I'm 100% in favor of it! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But nevertheless, it remains a historical fact that they aren't as communicative as they once were. Just compare Rogean's posting history this year (the only post he's made this entire year was "Patch Notes: Friday, May 7th, 2021") vs. Rogean's history at the start of the project.

Last edited by loramin; 06-04-2021 at 11:52 AM..
Old 06-04-2021, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was an accident
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=384333
Closed Thread