Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 06:31 PM
Large Rat

Default Human Necromancer

Hello all, ive been craving to start a human necro on Green, i'm well aware of there low starting INT and also aware that Iskar is way better because of Regen. but i'm dead set on Human because of Bertox Lore, catacombs and the guildhall, for starting stats what should i dump 25int and 5 stam or 25stam and 5int
Old 05-31-2021, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Hello I am the wisest necro, how can I help.
Old 05-31-2021, 06:43 PM
Banned

either would work tbh

but if you plan on soloing all the way, then go 25 stam and 5 int

intelligence can be easily maxed out by velious and you'll need all the health you can get

also human necromancers is sexy looking A+
Old 05-31-2021, 08:06 PM
Large Rat

thanks for the reply i guess i will go 25 stam and 5 int since i do plan on soloing most of the time thank you again
Old 05-31-2021, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

25 INT is much better than 25 STA for a Human Necro and it's not even close.

Think about it like this: at 60, 25 extra STA gives you +60 HP. That's less than you get from a single Velium Fire Wedding Ring. So you can buy a ring for 500pp that's worth +25 STA for your Necro. Can you buy a ring for 500pp that adds +25 INT? Nope. Not even close. You are much better off maxing INT to start and then filling your slots with pure +HP items rather than trying to pump STA for extra HP.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Best stat start is all +STR. Return on STA as a caster is negligible. INT is easy to cap. You'll need STR to carry gear.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

I don't understand how you guys can say that INT is easy to cap on a Necro, especially considering that Iksars and Humans only have a base INT of 85. Go to the Wiki and look at droppable +INT gear. Until you get deep into Velious raiding (at which point starting starts don't matter at all) it is NOT easy to get to 200 INT much less 255 INT on a Human or Iksar Necro, assuming you are also gearing for +HP in every slot with good HP items available (i.e. 65 hp rings, BS neck and ears, Shimmering Terror Hide Cloak, Spider Fur Belt, Sickly Glowing Orb, etc...).

I mean, I guess yeah you can cap INT on a Necro easily if you only gear for INT. But that's not how you properly gear a Necro. If you're trying to pump your +HP like you should be then you have to sacrifice a lot of +INT items in the process, which is why +25 INT at creation is so valuable. That's +25 INT you don't need from items and can comfortably use those slots for +HP instead.
Old 05-31-2021, 11:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand how you guys can say that INT is easy to cap on a Necro, especially considering that Iksars and Humans only have a base INT of 85. Go to the Wiki and look at droppable +INT gear. Until you get deep into Velious raiding (at which point starting starts don't matter at all) it is NOT easy to get to 200 INT much less 255 INT on a Human or Iksar Necro, assuming you are also gearing for +HP in every slot with good HP items available (i.e. 65 hp rings, BS neck and ears, Shimmering Terror Hide Cloak, Spider Fur Belt, Sickly Glowing Orb, etc...).

I mean, I guess yeah you can cap INT on a Necro easily if you only gear for INT. But that's not how you properly gear a Necro. If you're trying to pump your +HP like you should be then you have to sacrifice a lot of +INT items in the process, which is why +25 INT at creation is so valuable. That's +25 INT you don't need from items and can comfortably use those slots for +HP instead.
necros are literally one of the best raw plat farmers in the game, they can get their

int up very easily
Old 06-01-2021, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Human
Necromancer: 75 STR / 75 STA / 75 AGI / 85 DEX / 75 WIS / 85 INT / 75 CHA / 30 Bonus Points

Those starting stats are actually not bad. Iksar gets similar starting stats and racial regen but if you're dead set on human...

15 int, 5 str, 10 sta
This would give 100 int, 80 str and 85 sta. Not too shabby.
That's how I would do it if I wasn't playing an iksar necro (minmax)

Too many people suggest you dump 25 in sta, str or int. Spread it around, trust me it's just as good.
5 str will help you carry just that much more coin (weight reducing bags)
10 sta will give another couple ticks of lich (life tap)
15 int, I mean you use mana no brainer, it's your main resource.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-01-2021 at 01:05 AM..
Old 06-01-2021, 01:12 AM
Banned

tbh anything is ok

but like baler said if you want to go a min max route, go iksar

but honestly health and mana on a necromancer compliments each other

either way, you'll be getting back mana
Closed Thread