Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 12:57 PM
Orc

Cool Bought a cleric

The stupidest thing I ever did was spend 2000 on a cleric on Rallos Zek. I found one of you assholes ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) to sell me his cleric pre-kunark for $2000. That was a ton of money but I also was very young making a ton of money, and it was actually worth it to me as opposed to spending the time it would have taken me pre-kunark to buy a cleric. He also had the only server "Weight of the Gods" which was an amazing item pre-kunark, and it was bugged so it hardly ever dropped. So again, 2k was a good deal to me back then.
SO, I bought the cleric and he gave me the account info once I emailed him a copy of my cashiers check and proof that I've sent it. I played on the cleric for a couple days and re-dinged him to 50. The next day I tried to log in and couldn't.
He then stopped responding to me, both in email and in game. I realized I was being scammed and called Verant, who told me to stuff it and their EULA protected them.
So I called the police and filed a report, and the cop told me its a federal matter. So I called the local FBI office and talked to the guy there, who tried to dismiss me. He told me he would open an investigation once 10k in losses had occurred, so I told him I would find 8k worth of other people to file a complaint vs the kid and vs Verant. He said he would open a case if so. I then got him to search the FBI database for the kid and Verant, to which there was nothing (yet, in my mind). The FBI recommended I also file with the Federal Trade Commission, the Securities Exchange Commission, and my local State Attorney General. All of them took my call and opened a complaint.
So I called Verant back and this time told them I had filed complaints with the FTC, the SEC, and my state Attorney General, and this time I talked to their executive management.
So Tom tells me his EULA protects him, and I told him I have NEVER clicked OK on it as I always hit escape (it was faster than clicking). Sure as shit, I had never clicked OK. So they clone the character for me (they were being bought by Sony at the time and didn't want the negative situation going on while in that process) if I promise never to tell anyone about it (Sorry Tom!).
Other people know what went on on the server, and in the Rallos Zek first Best of the Best he and I met as our teams healers and I crushed him. I also had a friend offer to fly down to Houston and 'break' the kid, but I got my character back so that kid got real lucky. ; )
Just about every person on RZ that got their toon scammed messaged me on my cleric to ask me what I did. "Be resourceful" I told them. =P

By far the stupidest (and therefore worst) thing I've ever done in that game.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

I had a friend who made a bunch of cash scamming ebayers like that on Lineage II. Upon reflection, my conscious always told me, "Good for him! Screw those people." I did my part to fight the RMT plague by PKing every Chinese gold farmer I saw, but it was never enough. Those scammers were vigilantes doing God's work.

I'm sorry to hear you managed to worm your way into getting the account restored.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr3am [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The stupidest thing I ever did was spend 2000 on a cleric on Rallos Zek. I found one of you assholes ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) to sell me his cleric pre-kunark for $2000. That was a ton of money but I also was very young making a ton of money, and it was actually worth it to me as opposed to spending the time it would have taken me pre-kunark to buy a cleric. He also had the only server "Weight of the Gods" which was an amazing item pre-kunark, and it was bugged so it hardly ever dropped. So again, 2k was a good deal to me back then.
SO, I bought the cleric and he gave me the account info once I emailed him a copy of my cashiers check and proof that I've sent it. I played on the cleric for a couple days and re-dinged him to 50. The next day I tried to log in and couldn't.
He then stopped responding to me, both in email and in game. I realized I was being scammed and called Verant, who told me to stuff it and their EULA protected them.
So I called the police and filed a report, and the cop told me its a federal matter. So I called the local FBI office and talked to the guy there, who tried to dismiss me. He told me he would open an investigation once 10k in losses had occurred, so I told him I would find 8k worth of other people to file a complaint vs the kid and vs Verant. He said he would open a case if so. I then got him to search the FBI database for the kid and Verant, to which there was nothing (yet, in my mind). The FBI recommended I also file with the Federal Trade Commission, the Securities Exchange Commission, and my local State Attorney General. All of them took my call and opened a complaint.
So I called Verant back and this time told them I had filed complaints with the FTC, the SEC, and my state Attorney General, and this time I talked to their executive management.
So Tom tells me his EULA protects him, and I told him I have NEVER clicked OK on it as I always hit escape (it was faster than clicking). Sure as shit, I had never clicked OK. So they clone the character for me (they were being bought by Sony at the time and didn't want the negative situation going on while in that process) if I promise never to tell anyone about it (Sorry Tom!).
Other people know what went on on the server, and in the Rallos Zek first Best of the Best he and I met as our teams healers and I crushed him. I also had a friend offer to fly down to Houston and 'break' the kid, but I got my character back so that kid got real lucky. ; )
Just about every person on RZ that got their toon scammed messaged me on my cleric to ask me what I did. "Be resourceful" I told them. =P

By far the stupidest (and therefore worst) thing I've ever done in that game.
this was creeah
Old 08-19-2016, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I once sent some regrettable tells to Rogean.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2016, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I once sent some regrettable tells to Rogean.
You? Nawwwww
Old 08-19-2016, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

All the griefing I did on SZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

mizo lent me his tash stick and i kept it
Old 08-19-2016, 03:29 PM
Banned

I wrote a fairly long and in-depth tale about my fictional monk avenging his surname (Wu’Tang) being stripped by battling Senior Guide Braknar in a duel and ripping his heart out, eating it, and then urinating on his corpse while bathed in blood… in hindsight… I have no regerts about my work
Old 08-19-2016, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

I wrangled about a hundred swarmlings to drag them all to a guard to clear the area for a bunch of lower lvl players that were in zone. There was so many of them, when they hit me from a sitting position, I flew backwards quite a distance. I did not see the guy that was sitting by the guard tower, possibly AFK too. Poor guy didn't stand a chance when they waffled him in a nanosecond.
I did stay to buff & help with the next few kills to regain the XP loss, so I'm hoping I balanced the karma too. Though I did feel bad for the beetle steam-rollering he got. I guess the saying is true, 'No good deed goes unpunished."
Old 08-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Used to pick on newbies in qeynos. Friend and I would play trolls and buy some invis pots to block doors. We'd put down some gold coin trails that lead into rooms with only 1 door, and invis troll would block the door. One guy was impatient and couldn't get out and attacked a guard by accident and died. We felt bad so we gave him some plat.

We'd also start massive trains in Blackburrow from up top, and again block the exit. One time a barbarian was first trying to escape and people blamed him for getting stuck and blocking the door.
Closed Thread