Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 04:24 PM
Aviak

Back on live, when character reputations actually mattered, I outted a terrible cleric on our local forums. This cleric was awful... he would always gate at the first sign of any trouble, ninja loot whatever to "pay for dots", pretty sure he also had downs or something.....

Anyway, I started a thread about him on the local server forums, everyone chimed in because they all had bad experiences with him as well. Dude eventually transferred to that premium server, took a name change, and then transferred back under the new name. SOE used to log character transfers / names on a public website - I outted him on his new name too - and he quit.

Always felt bad about it - but damn, that dude sucked.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:30 PM
Skeleton

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=114448&page=2

Knew i could find it. Even tried to play along. Im the sinister killer.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

On Tunare there was this Erudite Wizard named Emodius (something like that). After listening to Howard Stern at the ripe age of 14, there was this bit about callers submitting audio talking shit about the range of characters on the show. One caller submitted a tape what was assumed to directed to Robin Quivers. The caller just went on to repeat this one particular word over and over for something like 5 min straight. Howard and everyone thought it was hilarious.

Being the young dipshit at the time I thought I could do the same thing. On the forums, via a wall of text, I thought it was ingenious to make fun of this Erudite the same way.

Of course it backfired and I rerolled to a different server. I later rerolled back on Tunare but I always felt ashamed of it. Emodius if you're out there; I apologize! Also to the other Erudites that could have taken offense. All lives mater!
Old 08-19-2016, 07:20 PM
Kobold

Back in VD days on this server, if anyone recalls those days, I was the one that would invite everyone on trak's ledge back when binding there was allowed back them, and invite the meele's and port them out to toxx and gate back and do it again over and over, won many traks by doing it.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:49 AM
Large Bat

i wasnt uber yet in a seb group and a rbg dropped off some random mob. i didnt say anything. then i said i needed to relog and disbanded and looted it so the group wouldnt see it dropped...still feel bad
Old 08-20-2016, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoozi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back on live, when character reputations actually mattered, I outted a terrible cleric on our local forums. This cleric was awful... he would always gate at the first sign of any trouble, ninja loot whatever to "pay for dots", pretty sure he also had downs or something.....

Anyway, I started a thread about him on the local server forums, everyone chimed in because they all had bad experiences with him as well. Dude eventually transferred to that premium server, took a name change, and then transferred back under the new name. SOE used to log character transfers / names on a public website - I outted him on his new name too - and he quit.

Always felt bad about it - but damn, that dude sucked.
Sounds more like the best thing. Don't feel bad.

Anyway... aside from an occasional accidental train, I don't think I ever did anything bad.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

I gave one friend's account details to a friend of a friend (which also happened to be a friend of my brother too, so I figured he would be trust worthy).

Of course this friend of a friend/my brother didn't care about my friend's account and stole his fbss and stuff. Naturally my friend blamed me for this. Either that or I borrowed the fbss and forgot about it.

I don't really share accounts anymore (except with the first friend who lost his fbss, for some reason he still trusts me, and another mutual friend of ours).
Old 08-20-2016, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr3am [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The stupidest thing I ever did was spend 2000 on a cleric on Rallos Zek. I found one of you assholes ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) to sell me his cleric pre-kunark for $2000. That was a ton of money but I also was very young making a ton of money, and it was actually worth it to me as opposed to spending the time it would have taken me pre-kunark to buy a cleric. He also had the only server "Weight of the Gods" which was an amazing item pre-kunark, and it was bugged so it hardly ever dropped. So again, 2k was a good deal to me back then.
SO, I bought the cleric and he gave me the account info once I emailed him a copy of my cashiers check and proof that I've sent it. I played on the cleric for a couple days and re-dinged him to 50. The next day I tried to log in and couldn't.
He then stopped responding to me, both in email and in game. I realized I was being scammed and called Verant, who told me to stuff it and their EULA protected them.
So I called the police and filed a report, and the cop told me its a federal matter. So I called the local FBI office and talked to the guy there, who tried to dismiss me. He told me he would open an investigation once 10k in losses had occurred, so I told him I would find 8k worth of other people to file a complaint vs the kid and vs Verant. He said he would open a case if so. I then got him to search the FBI database for the kid and Verant, to which there was nothing (yet, in my mind). The FBI recommended I also file with the Federal Trade Commission, the Securities Exchange Commission, and my local State Attorney General. All of them took my call and opened a complaint.
So I called Verant back and this time told them I had filed complaints with the FTC, the SEC, and my state Attorney General, and this time I talked to their executive management.
So Tom tells me his EULA protects him, and I told him I have NEVER clicked OK on it as I always hit escape (it was faster than clicking). Sure as shit, I had never clicked OK. So they clone the character for me (they were being bought by Sony at the time and didn't want the negative situation going on while in that process) if I promise never to tell anyone about it (Sorry Tom!).
Other people know what went on on the server, and in the Rallos Zek first Best of the Best he and I met as our teams healers and I crushed him. I also had a friend offer to fly down to Houston and 'break' the kid, but I got my character back so that kid got real lucky. ; )
Just about every person on RZ that got their toon scammed messaged me on my cleric to ask me what I did. "Be resourceful" I told them. =P

By far the stupidest (and therefore worst) thing I've ever done in that game.
This all sounds like a bunch of bullshit. Especially " I then got him to search the FBI database for the kid and Verant"
Old 08-20-2016, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

On live on my necro I would FD out front of Kaladim, and when a newbie would come out I would /say Hey im stuck, can you do a /Do help Aarch up.

/d would duel me, then I would kill them. rinse and repeat.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 08-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

I used to buy a certain crap sword that was like a 7/24 and went for 50p or something, but it had a name that was remarkably close to a sword that went for like 13-15k at the time. I would put it on my character, shout a WTS and link the expensive sword and have the 50pp sword on my trader for like 2k less than average. A race to my trader would happen and someone in a rush would buy my 50pp sword for a 11950pp profit.... i did this on different characters usually a couple times a week for like 2 or 3 months. I was like 12 or 13 and i felt like the biggest hustler in the world.
Closed Thread