Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would the relative Zone Experience Modifiers explain your observations? According to the ZEM list, nearly all classic outdoor zones have the standard ZEM of 75, while city zones have 100, and certain zones (mostly dungeons) have even better exp bonuses (boni? hehe).
http://wiki.project1999.com/Recommen...s_and_ZEM_List
I thought so, but EXP per kill with same group of level 7s hasn't been better in CB than it was elsewhere
Old 10-28-2019, 02:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off, let me just say that I am loving the server and this isn't a complaint post at all. Just wanted to clarify that upfront before people go "muh can't handle classic, stop whining" etc. I'm totally fine with the rate of EXP if it is, in fact accurate, but I feel like people have asked enough questions about it that it would be good to see an official confirmation so no one submits bug reports, keeps posting about it, etc.

In a group today, consistently chain pulling whites and yellows and reds, it has taken over an hour and a half just to get one yellow at level 6. Now, I know classic EXP is slow, especially considering the multiple penalties that you could have in one group with hybrids and casters (or racial penalties if you had a Troll or Ogre). However, this seems unusually slow.

Has the EXP rate been nerfed a bit due to the increased spawn time? Is it bugged? Or is it in fact 100% accurate and we're all just crazy? Saw another post about someone spending 8 hours at a bandit camp to get one level, which seemed really lengthy as well. Just thought it might be good to see an official message from the staff on this.
do you remember what your group comp was? Level and Class of all players? Would help to see if you were getting jobbed at all because of race/class penalties. Also - what zone?
Old 10-28-2019, 02:50 PM
Aviak

Just want to throw in that 2 hours at level 3 to get 1 yellow in a group was ... interesting.

Level 3 cleric
Level 3 int caster
Level 3 int caster

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 10-28-2019, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I’m not trying to hate on hybrids, but the one-two punch of a hybrid who is like four levels higher than you can just straight up stop your XP bar.
Yea last night a lvl 10 Troll SK joined our group of level 6 and 7s and it was DISGUSTING how much it slowed down our xp.

I hung around for another hour then just left. I'd say it reduced our xp speed by AT LEAST 50%.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1asdfasdf1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just want to throw in that 2 hours at level 3 to get 1 yellow in a group was ... interesting.

Level 3 cleric
Level 3 int caster
Level 3 int caster

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Precisely my point, and I experienced this as well. And we were CHAIN-PULLING RED CONS in a full group. Doesn't feel accurate at all.

Meanwhile in the same 2 hours people are getting FULL LEVELS 20+......
Old 10-28-2019, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Precisely my point, and I experienced this as well. And we were CHAIN-PULLING RED CONS in a full group. Doesn't feel accurate at all.

Mobs are worth a set number of XP and if your bonus (group or zone) tries to get you above the cap, it does not apply. If you're "actually killing reds" in a trio at lvl 3 (which I doubt) then you're hitting the ceiling anyways.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Really, this is what eq and p99blue have always tended to be. Most groups are SHIT. Do the math; it's not wrong. Full groups just tend to be very inefficient.

A few of them are fantastic. Like 5% of them. The rest of the time soloing with an appropriate class or a good duo/trio is miles ahead of a full group.

I regularly solod my clerics on blue for a reason. And it wasn't because I'm antisocial.

My sham on green solos a -1 or even-level mob every 2 minutes or so. Do you think a full group is going to kill a high blue or even every 15 seconds nonstop for hours on end? Fuck no they won't. They won't kill a yellow every 20 seconds for hours on end either. Full groups are a fun experience with the right players in the right locations. But they're rarely the best exp option.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-28-2019 at 03:04 PM..
Old 10-28-2019, 03:10 PM
Fire Giant

Does seem slow. Day after launch I was in an all halfling group: 2 rogues 2 clerics and 2 druids. We pulled nonstop on the bat hill outside the wall and were doing a little over 1 yellow an hour at levels 4-6 as races with a bonus.

I think part of it may be psychological: were used to seeing the blue bar move and it's harder to tell without it.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does seem slow. Day after launch I was in an all halfling group: 2 rogues 2 clerics and 2 druids. We pulled nonstop on the bat hill outside the wall and were doing a little over 1 yellow an hour at levels 4-6 as races with a bonus.

I think part of it may be psychological: were used to seeing the blue bar move and it's harder to tell without it.
So this depends on what mobs you were killing, I mean what levels. If you are killing BLUEs at low level in groups it's really bad XP, I mean like REAL BAD. The mob XP is based on the mobs level, period. Level 4 mobs in a group of all level 5s, is gonna be really bad XP. This rule is 10 fold for low level groups. If you're grouping any levels before like 15 or 20, you should be killing yellows/whites if possible. It's night and day different.

Just using your example though. If you have 6 halflings, 2 rogue 2 druid 2 cleric killing level 4 bats at level 5 (in a 75 ZEM zone like Misty) it's gonna be 234 bats to ding if you did the entirety of level 5.
If you killed level 5 bats instead of level 4 bats, your number of kills to ding is 149, also 100 less. If you're mobbing down yellow cons of level 6 instead, 104 kills to ding.

Just showing you how XP is all a numbers game and at low levels, grouping can be detrimental, if you're killing mobs in a group you could solo, the XP values should be almost noticeably bad.

The major takeaway is "blue" does not mean good XP. It's all about the level of the mob, which we obviously don't always know.
Last edited by zaneosak; 10-28-2019 at 03:26 PM..
Old 10-28-2019, 03:25 PM
Aviak

I think the biggest problem is finding a large enough population of appropriately leveled mobs. Groups inevitably start aiming too high with inefficient battles against red cons. This is worsened by overpopulated zones.

But I can relate. Yesterday in Feerrott at level 6 I gained 2.5 yellow in a little over four hours. At the halfway point I changed groups just to see what would change. New group wasn’t any better. Both were suboptimal camps. First group would have been fine with 3 players, but they kept adding people. Second group was doing lizards and the high level spawns were simply too difficult.
Closed Thread