Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

The ZEM mystery has been solved, old values deduced. It's no longer a serious point of investigation.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=343193&page=3

P99 wants to do custom ZEMs though to spread people out a bit and get more content seen, and I agree with it.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ZEM mystery has been solved, old values deduced. It's no longer a serious point of investigation.

P99 wants to do custom ZEMs though to spread people out a bit and get more content seen, and I agree with it.
I believe it's also "to restore classic mystery" ... but yeah I 100% support it too. The staff's default position is "classic mechanics (ie. make the server work the way the server did in '99)". But on the rare cases where they instead focus on "classic environment (ie. make the server feel like it did in '99)" ... the server feels a lot more like 1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] To me that's even more important than perfectly duplicating the mechanics ... in a way that doesn't feel at all like the game anyone remembers.

(Although ... for Green I sort of wish they had tried classic ZEMs, just because we've literally never seen them used here and Green was supposed to be "extra classic". Oh well, maybe Green 2.0.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Right, but those values are just the values as they were at that point in time. The ZEMs were pretty frequently rotated, which was why I was happy to see the staff rotate them here and would like to see something similar done to the expansion zones (one dungeon such as CoM should never be so much more utilized by groups than all the others, for example).
Old 06-25-2020, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ZEMs were pretty frequently rotated
Source? According to https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes there was only one official mention of ZEM changes in the classic era: https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_N...one_Experience at the start of 2001. I wouldn't consider one change, after two years of no changes, as "frequent".

Was there some other place they mentioned ZEM changes?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-25-2020 at 11:53 AM..
Old 06-25-2020, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Source? According to https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes there was only one official mention of ZEM changes in the classic era: https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_N...one_Experience at the start of 2001. I wouldn't consider one change, after two years of no changes, as "frequent".

Was there some other place they mentioned ZEM changes?
It wasn’t mentioned in patch notes like that. That’s why that one is so odd because they would rotate it and not list the zones they’d updated because they wanted people to explore and figure it out themselves.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

Dolalin has put in so, so, so many hours helping improve p99 through bug reports.
I had to learn the hard way to respect his bug reports.

@cd288, don't disrespect loramin, he is one of the good guys.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-25-2020 at 09:21 PM..
Old 06-26-2020, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn’t mentioned in patch notes like that. That’s why that one is so odd because they would rotate it and not list the zones they’d updated because they wanted people to explore and figure it out themselves.
They didn't start tinkering with ZEMs in any real way until 2001, and didn't start rotating them regularly until PoP/LDoN.

That being said, P99 runs with custom ZEMs so maybe Rogean will rotate them now and then.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:46 AM
Fire Giant

Would assume all outdoor zones except a few with abnormal zem (Lake of Ill Omen for example) would be moved to their old-world counterparts or at least moved up % based relative to the 33% bump of old world outdoor zones.

I would be interested to see if they do a tiered dungeon ZEM system like they have now. 150+ ZEm is like the Paw, CT, Kedge, Perma, Runny, Gorge. Then you have the the 125 ZEM tier Befallen, Blackburrow, Najena, Sol A, Upper Guk.... Will be curious if they fit some non appealing Kunark dungeons into those molds.

I would imagine Sebilis would get the LGuk and SolB treatment due to the loots. Maybe even a penalty.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
All I can say about figuring out and confirming ZEMs is that I tested Lake of Ill Omen ZEM on blue a few years back soloing bloodgills because they are always very near the same level and the ZEM is pretty much spot on and since its a weird ZEM (actually a penalty) it makes be believe the ZEM charts are pretty close from the source he mentions. I'm talking like within 2 bloodgills to being exact and the level difference in mobs can account for that.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Yeah I remember this as well. Making that run from FV through the Drachnids was always a really stressful experience lol.

Someone mentioned that the old ZEMs were the last set of ZEMs they could find, but that could just be speculation. If it's not, then it probably explains why LOIO's ZEM was so low, because it would have been reduced on live to get people to spread out.
Yeah those Drachnids were very scary for sure. But that is where all the good groups were back then.
Closed Thread