Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 12:16 AM
Fire Giant

Default Accepting all challengers!

Hi folks,

Over the past week or so I've spent about 17 hours camping a sarnak courier in LOIO in hopes of getting a Goblin Gazughi Ring.

I've had great luck with him spawning, with 71 spawns so far. From the 71 spawns I have had 0 Gobline Gazughi Rings drop.

What say you P99 community?! Has anyone had him spawn more times than that with no drops? I accept all challengers!
Old 07-08-2020, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

been years since i camped it but everytime im in LOIO i love seeing the piles and piles of dead mobs by the goblin ruins
Old 07-08-2020, 08:58 AM
Sarnak

i've spawned him 93 times with 0 rings, that being said the two rings i did get were random times i logged into an alt i have parked there and within 2-3 kills got courier and ring dropped both times RNG is a bitch...

IMO its faster to farm the plat to buy the ring wont farm one again i tell you that lol....
Last edited by chaser95; 07-08-2020 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: forgot to add
Old 07-08-2020, 09:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
been years since i camped it but everytime im in LOIO i love seeing the piles and piles of dead mobs by the goblin ruins
Haha! Yeah it's definitely a sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser95 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've spawned him 93 times with 0 rings, that being said the two rings i did get were random times i logged into an alt i have parked there and within 2-3 kills got courier and ring dropped both times RNG is a bitch...

IMO its faster to farm the plat to buy the ring wont farm one again i tell you that lol....
Wow! 93 huh? That's something for me to work toward i guess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The RNG is definitely brutal. Every time he pops, the optimist in me gets a little excited though, lol.

I definitely agree re: farming the plat. I have about 6k to my name, and reading through the wiki it looked like most people got a ring or two in 4-10 hours, so I thought "Meh, I could use a quick break from grinding anyway. I'll just camp it myself!" If someone had told me I'd still be at it almost 20 hours and 76 (got another 5 spawns last night woo woo!) later, I probably wouldn't have done it.

The up side is I'm getting a very Everquesty experience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Philistine; 07-08-2020 at 09:45 AM..
Old 07-08-2020, 10:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The up side is I'm getting a very Everquesty experience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with you there and i can tell you what my druid and enchanter will never sell the rings lol when you work yourself to get them they mean so much more .
Old 07-08-2020, 11:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser95 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with you there and i can tell you what my druid and enchanter will never sell the rings lol when you work yourself to get them they mean so much more .
I believe it! It will definitely feel like I earned it when it drops!
Old 07-08-2020, 11:41 AM
Sarnak

camped it for maybe 20 hours, on and off for two days, with a stranger shaman stepping in when i wasnt there. ring dropped once for the shammy, and he gave it to me when i came back the third day. contrary to toxic characters and forum shitposts, this stranger is what P99 in general seems to be about
Old 07-08-2020, 12:05 PM
Banned

wtb gazughi ring PM pls
Old 07-08-2020, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

This does make me wonder what the unluckiest person in p99 history has been as far as the time to get a drop / expected time to get a drop. Given the number of things people camp, some poor unfortunate soul has probably spent hundreds of hours trying to get something that is supposed to drop all the time.

For me, the two lowest probability events I can remember (due to their pain, there's probably been some worse ones that aren't as noticeable) are my Iksar Berserker Club and my Coldain Ring 9 shell. Iksar Berserker Club as a rite of passage camp for Auld Lang Syne, since its the best weapon available at the level range with guild level limits on gear. Its a 2% drop rate every 18 minutes, I camped it over 24 hours with no drop.

The coldain ring 9 shell is a 9% drop rate off of sirens, they flow like water if you can get a team killing one of the siren temples. At the time though, ALS didn't really have experience with SG, and it was just me and a torp shaman trying to get shells for shawl 7/ring 9. Worked out how to duo sirens around the east temple perimeter, took forever to get the shells to drop since we probably wiped on 1/3 of the attempts, and we killed like 20 of them with no shells at all which is just crazy looking at how often they drop with a larger sample size.

On the flip side, I got Rotting Skelly in an hour and accidentally got the platinum ring off Gynok Molkor when he aggroed me through the door in befallen when I went there to practice lockpicking. Never did get an Iksar Berserker Club, but traded the ring to an ALS shaman for theirs.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Spent 10 hours straight once grinding the ring. Didn’t move from my chair, not even to piss. No luck. Logged on the next night, took me 10 minutes.

Play the rng odds, don’t do more than 1-2 hours at a time for your sanity and you’ll get it eventually. Or just find one of the many other ways to net more pp/hour which will allow you to buy a ring. The goblin ring is prob one of the worst pp/hour camps in the game.
Last edited by Crede; 07-08-2020 at 01:42 PM..
Closed Thread