Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

1v1s in a bo3 and the toons actually get permabanned on loss.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall 146.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well, having an event where you want even number duel type fights is going to be subject to outside influence, no matter how you slice it. almost every event in the arena has people interfering mid-fight, people ganking those who are freshly rezzed, people willfully violating rules against certain items/buffs/strategies, etc.

these types of fights are cool for bragging rights, but they've been done SO many times in such a stale setting

like i said, it needs to be something objective based out in the world that each guild will be interested in fighting over

rough idea of an event that follows those parameters, while also adhering to the tools and powers at your disposal as only a guide:

-turn off invulnerability, buff yourself up, station yourself in a zone
-set a time limit
-designate a guild/group to defend you, or find a compelling reason for them to defend you
-guild/group that kills you within the time limit wins, or defending guild/group wins if time limit is reached

or:

-set yourself up in a zone with trades turned on
-set a bounty for a specific item found in a specific zone that players likely wouldn't have a stockpile of; this could be something like 50 leatherfoot raider skullcaps (the common drop from halflings in nektulos)
-first group/guild to turn the bounty in wins

as far as zone setting, i would avoid zones containing only one zoneline so that you can avoid camp-the-zoneline stalemates (karnor's castle is one of the worst offenders as an example)

an example of a good zone would be nektulos forest:

-almost zero chance of NPC interference
-low visibility
-fairly large
-4 ways to enter the zone, including a portal and an adjacent zone with a portal
-outdoor
-not a flat, tiny shoebox
-very accessible to low level players for spectating
Not a bad set of ideas
Old 03-16-2017, 12:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please do events that are attractive to new players.
This. If you want to help the population you have to make the new player experience fun. Leveling up can be super fun. Doing events for ppl who are never going to quit this server (those who are already 50+) will not change this server pop.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. If you want to help the population you have to make the new player experience fun. Leveling up can be super fun. Doing events for ppl who are never going to quit this server (those who are already 50+) will not change this server pop.
Exactly, last time they gave an AoN to a level 1 that put in 0 effort he beat the guild leader of the current number one guild and then became a core member of the best raiding guild on the server to date.

He might have just fizzled out and lost interest in CB by level 14 without that guild event.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:11 AM
Fire Giant

Wouldnt have to be for items. Just something fun to do.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

The hope

the hope in their eyes

10/10

would read again

blessed
Old 03-16-2017, 01:37 AM
Kobold

Thanks for taking the time Cylock.

How about keep it simple: 6v6 battles around Mistmoore Lake. Spectators watch from the gargoyle towers, competitors must stay within the circular lake area (ramp and cavern off limits).

The twist: you pick the 6-man teams. Simple make a list of healers, separate them evenly into the number of groups desired, then alphabetically shuffle the rest.

This breaks up guilds and cliques and creates more room for creativity and odd team compositions.

Halfway through the events, shuffle teams/healers again.

Or, if you want to raise population to 1000+, just release a fresh server.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by klepto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to increase the population enable 2 boxing. You will see the pop double overnight.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2017, 02:36 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree 100%, the other night when I started the event you know how many low levels offered to come, ONE!

We can't do something with only one person. As for your statement I am all for that as well. I am just hoping maybe some of those blue players get tired of staring at walls, then hear about red99 having GM events and things of that nature. They might come over from blue, and start fresh. As for brand new players I think they will see a difference in GM presence vs blue. So that might help them choose red over blue. But the most important thing is all the garbage you guys put in OOC. A brand new player see's some of that and gets the heck out of dodge. Put yourself in their shoes, they brand new to a server and log on and see all that. Tell your guilds to clean up their act some. Its ok to have fun, but some of that stuff you guys say, there is no need for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for taking the time Cylock.

How about keep it simple: 6v6 battles around Mistmoore Lake. Spectators watch from the gargoyle towers, competitors must stay within the circular lake area (ramp and cavern off limits).

The twist: you pick the 6-man teams. Simple make a list of healers, separate them evenly into the number of groups desired, then alphabetically shuffle the rest.
What I did on the 2v2 event was random 100 for the teams. So we didn't have a problem with stacked teams. Each team had to come up with a strategy based on what they got on the random.

With that said I like your Mistmoore idea! And I agree, keep it simple! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall 146.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dagnor's cauldron was the last place derubael hosted a really, really stupid event at and he had a meltdown halfway through it

never came back to red after that
Maybe we could address what the issue was that made him freak out. So we can fine tune the event.

Like I said I am open to getting with red99 leaders and ironing some things out. I don't know everything, I need you guys to help out as well.

Your Humble Servant,

Cylock
Last edited by Cylock; 03-16-2017 at 02:39 AM..
Old 03-16-2017, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

If you announce on blue that there's an event for level 1s on red in the next 30-60 minutes with prizes etc you'll likely get at least 10-12 curious players over. From there they might log on again.

I still never had a bracer of the hidden on this server but I know Sirken/Derubael used to hand them out in red events for winning new players. Things like that go a long way.
Closed Thread