Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2020, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never cared for running multiple characters, either. Just isn't fun. Playing EQ for fun....seems like an oft-forgotten notion by some elements of this community.

Danth
Old 10-15-2020, 08:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ever since I saw that screenshot with the fuckin gingerbread men or whatever the hell that was I swore to never go back
Aradune has these really cool pet familiars that look really creepy, one was gingerbread pet skin one was zombie rat. Looked ultra creepy.

Their classic era server did not feel classic at all. Stay here imo.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never cared for running multiple characters, either. Just isn't fun. Playing EQ for fun....seems like an oft-forgotten notion by some elements of this community.

Danth
Fun? Is that some gen z term?
Old 10-16-2020, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

you haven't lived until you spend your ill-gotten stein of moggok farm krono horde on some burgers that give you thousands of hp and 2-3x the hp regen of a fungi just from sitting in your inventory, oh and some gear too

all so you can let your merc do absolutely everything for you anyway

na but for real, playing a rogue is pretty fun solo with a merc, and you can do it the whole way up. would recommend a lil look-see if you happen to 'come across' a few spare kr on your way tripping up the tlp rank and file
Old 10-16-2020, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man gotta be so desperate that he plays the whole damn party
or has no friends
or hates friends
or hates himself
hey I just wanted to kill gods and kings in expansions nobody played [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2020, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

Can someone explain to me (other than just re-using old ideas / expansions / nostalgia) How and when Everquest looped back in time to go do kunark and velious again? lol What is the in-game explanation around that lol
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 10-17-2020, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone explain to me (other than just re-using old ideas / expansions / nostalgia) How and when Everquest looped back in time to go do kunark and velious again? lol What is the in-game explanation around that lol
not sure what you mean if we cant reference the "Empire of Kunark" 2016 and "Ring of Scale" 2017. Even the "Burning Lands" 2018 was a callback to a popular zone in PoP.

I guess it's because the company was passed around like a hot potato and they want desperately to capitalize on the tlp's by coercing people to play something they might find familiar

but problem is for every one that played classic or p99 is that live is still PoK-based and forces/strong suggests you into a shitty tutorial from 2006

would be super cool if the new company took it into a new direction but instead they just kept playing the formula. lack of creativity. lack of innovation. wish I could say lack of funding but they makin large on those tlps i mentioned; no wonder they happen every year

so yeah. it probably has something to do with the tlp's

edit: oh you said in-game. no there is no explanation. you just talk to someone in PoK and go to the new xpac. ignore all of what I wrote. there's no lore
Old 10-17-2020, 07:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s funny how live EQ is so harshly judged here considering we’re playing the same content we’ve all played numerous times over and over. Mental illness must afflict 75% of the playerbase.
matter of taste.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had the exact same question. I remember seeing that velious 2.0 expansion launch and I was like wait what?? What the hell are they doing? What??
Old 10-17-2020, 02:23 PM
Banned

"Grant! The dinosaurs are back!"

Ok imma head out
Closed Thread