Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude what
Deep end and you got a purty mouth.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:06 PM
Orc

God damn, this is a fun thread.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I live in a very affluent/progressive community with a large university. It's the fucking college kids and the pigfucking redneck Trumptards from the neighboring counties that are messing things up.

The dumb ass kids are the ones driving the statistics up in our county because of their feels about their "college experience". And its the Trumptards that are taking up the spaces in our hospitals that should be reserved for literate decent human folk.
If you want someone to blame, blame the media for continually fanning the flames of disinformation and propaganda. What would be more constructive and save MANY MORE LIVES than shelter in place would be an anti-obesity campaign. If you are obese you are 113% more likely to land in the hospital with covid and 50% more likely to die!
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...f-theyre-young

Let the young go back to school and let life resume as normal for the rest of us that are low risk. "High risk people" below 70 still have a low chance of death from covid. High risk over 70 should have plenty of opportunity provided by their community to maintain a pseudo-normal life until we reach herd immunity. This is overreaction on a grand scale and many experts, when they are not being squelched by the MSM agree.
Old 12-07-2020, 07:07 PM
Banned

Here are the oscar awards from 1998, look at all those people indoors in close proximity with no masks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suuicqALcIk

64,684 people died in the US 1998-1999 flu season, which is only four months. Extrapolating that would be about 200,000 deaths in a full year when mapped onto covid19 numbers. So assuming that current covid death counts in the US are correct and not inflated by faulty methodology, it indeed is somewhat more dangerous.

How many people need to die of something before lockdowns become the morally correct thing to do, despite all of their collateral economic and societal harms? We would be much safer from all disease by just living in pristine biochambers all day every day. Were the people at the 1998 oscars being morally irresponsible? 68,000 people died, they could have been wearing masks. Where do we draw the line?
Old 12-07-2020, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by valithteezee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want someone to blame, blame the media for continually fanning the flames of disinformation and propaganda. What would be more constructive and save MANY MORE LIVES than shelter in place would be an anti-obesity campaign. If you are obese you are 113% more likely to land in the hospital with covid and 50% more likely to die!
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...f-theyre-young

Let the young go back to school and let life resume as normal for the rest of us that are low risk. "High risk people" below 70 still have a low chance of death from covid. High risk over 70 should have plenty of opportunity provided by their community to maintain a pseudo-normal life until we reach herd immunity. This is overreaction on a grand scale and many experts, when they are not being squelched by the MSM agree.
The media in our country is absolutely disgusting. Imagine the audacity they have to cast shade on alternative news sources because they can’t be trusted.

Trust and being genuine are 2 things decent Americans crave. That’s why Bernie Sanders and Trump have done so well. I’m not a Bernie bro by any means, but the guy tells the truth and isn’t afraid of looking bad because of it.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Lockdowns really are not a good chioce for tackling this pandemic. Back in March it was probably necessary because we were still figuring out how to deal with this shit. You know what's dumber than lockdowns? Lockdowns without any financial assistance for those affected. Only providing grants for mostly payroll related expenses was kinda fucked up too, most businesses have other overhead costs that are comparable or outweigh payroll by a lot. LA/SF I don't think they're getting any assistance this time around right? You know what's even dumber than lockdowns without financial assistance? Not wearing a mask because you *checks notes* don't want to be a fuckin' commie. Societies need liberty when you can trust the general public to do the right thing. When they shun that responsibility due to stupidity you have to seriously consider the possibility that maybe, just maybe, we can't always trust individuals to make choices that won't hinder our society's ability to function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh please, of course some ppl would have caught COVID if Biden were prez. There would have been a steady push for masks from much earlier, tho, including mandates, and the greatest humiliation in United States history (mass population rejection of simple pandemic prevention measures, an entire society of cannibals laid bare) would have been mitigated dramatically. It might actually be considered beyond the pale to refuse to wear a mask, as it should.

Because of the pandemic having permeated the entire population anyway, cutting travel from China is likely not a very significant milestone in the pandemic response. Mathematical thing. So I'd reckon Biden's likely response is clear to be preferable to how it went under Trump, although he'd likely have taken as retarded, hamhanded and uninspired measures as Trump did. Just a better situation on masks would be very preferable.
I actually wonder if the response might have been worse under Clinton or Biden. To be clear, I think Clinton/Biden's policies would have been better, but I can't help but imagine that the mask resistance and insistence that this was some hoax or attempt to establish a new world order would have been would have been worse if these people now thought that the President was some dictator trying to take away their rights and each individual state governor was somehow their puppet. Right now they only see the governors as dictators.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:41 AM
Banned

but but but the media said orange man bad and covid is serious so i wear my mask alone in my car and virtue signal in my community
Old 12-08-2020, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but but but the media said orange man bad and covid is serious so i wear my mask alone in my car and virtue signal in my community

Awwhhhh... Look at the baby!! She needs her bottle... Poor baby.. I just cant imagine how that mask must tear up your soft little face. Poor girl... I hope she gets a special mask made of cotton candy so she doesnt get a rash... I hope daddy makes you feel better when you sit on his knee.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

Funny stuff. Orange man bad wahahaha. Well, just look at his attorney to know that!
Old 12-08-2020, 01:16 PM
Banned

I dont we are in "lockdown" anymore
Closed Thread