Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 09:13 PM
Banned

Default What would be the best mid-range twink?

Looking to save up and spend a mediocre amount of pp, say like around 20-30k on a twink designed to enjoy the first 1-45ish levels and NOT be for the end game. Aside from fun, the secondary purpose of the twink would be to farm more pp to possibly do another, more expensive, twink at some point. I could be willing to sell all the first twink’s gear after it reaches around level 45ish (whenever the game really starts to punish it), in order to fund the next twink

I am juggling a few ideas:

1. Iksar Monk - the clear front runner. Wouldn’t be able to get fungi but could do some good weaps and armor, but the problem would be weight reducing bags. The good ones seem to run at least 5k each which definitely cuts into gear funds. Without the bags he would be stuck farming near banks and vendors which I could do but would rather have a bit more freedom. If not for the weight issues monk would be the clear winner

2. Troll shaman - I’ve seen some vids of shaman melee killing with pet at levs 35-40 with poison wind censor and some decent gear. They seem not that bad in terms of their killrate and how they can stretch their mana when melee and pet damage is most of their dps. The exp penalty would help me stay at the levels I prefer and not quickly level to where I would be getting crushed in melee. And they high str means tons of carry weight for lugging junk to vendors to sell

3. Troll SK - I think the ebon mace is baller but those seem hella expensive and hella rare on Green, so I’d have to settle for more budget twink weaps. Seems like it might solo farm even slower than the shaman, but also has the high str for carrying lots of junk to sell. Upside is it is the coolest race/class combo in my opinion

Other suggestions? Not interested in enchanter since that’s my char now, and not really all that interested in necro because they are super over-populated. Although a really good argument for Iksar necro has a chance to sway me. Ranger??
Last edited by unsunghero; 04-22-2021 at 09:16 PM..
Old 04-23-2021, 09:36 AM
Banned

my vote on a war, u will see the most bang for ur buck asnd be able to carry loot, but also, pally, or another puller type. you seem to want to pull

monk is great for that

but u will never make cash with a monk unless u stick through to lvl 60 and get like at least planar garbage and 10 tink bags

-------------------------------------------------------

realisticly u should save ur money and roll a necromancer, or a mage

necromancers havve the highest killrate

mages have the best ability to farm greens

enchanters suck unless u like actually having 3000x APM and going after the hardest most annoying camps

DRUID is also pretty good always and BARD comes in next after that with both having pros/cons, bard levels fastrer, has more high end abilities, druid is more social, has ports, DS, u can sit around letting guards pincushin themselves on u with kunark gear for a druid

sham can get to 40 eazy naked save ur money, u only need heals, regen, and slows. buy elite bags, get banded armor become a hero
Last edited by starkind; 04-23-2021 at 09:39 AM..
Old 04-23-2021, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

Those all sound fun. One thing I like about having an alt as an enchanter is learning new camps to pick up their gear. Enchanters can solo the Ebon Mace but that's probably not practical before 58 or so.

I would also look up the Velious timeline and factor in expected depreciation on any major purchases that you plan to resell. Checking blue prices won't be perfect but might be useful.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Probably SK since the monk needs a fungi and the hybrids can use an ikky regen.

But any melee with an HP regen item is going to be good fun in my book. If you can afford a fungi then the monk shreds the best but any melee is good.

A necro or shaman would be second best. Anyone who can't mana regen is not as fun.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-23-2021, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

I wouldn't invest into twinking a melee in hopes of someday recouping the money or making more than you put into it.

That being said you're gonna have the most fun out of twinking a melee class, you only really feel the investment if you're whacking something or getting whacked, putting that money towards a nice monk stick would probably yield the most bang for your buck?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Imbued_Fighters_Staff 10k
https://wiki.project1999.com/Flowing_Black_Silk_Sash 8k
and then random assortment of smaller bits and pieces, HP rings, azure sleeves and targishin bone mask, the rest for a tink bag?

Also depends on what server, will be much cheaper on blue! Those are green prices/suggestions!

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 04-23-2021, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar Monk, FD will save you a lot of deaths plus you can do a fair amount of damage. On project 1999 velious is one of the Best eras for monk, they have great mitigation and the iksar AC makes them even more tanky. Add in racial regen and you have a min-max race/class that only needs some decent weapons to really shine. Plus they get a few fun clickies like a bard song robe.

Iksar monk has my vote, the server will never have enough of them. you'll be in demand.

shm "requires" torpor and that is not cheap or takes some time to obtain
SK,.. hybrids aren't great on project 1999 until the very last patch of velious. Basicly they don't get okay until luclin/pop+
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread