Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 04:05 AM
Sarnak

I've done Jboots MQ 30+ times and never had it go wrong - I wouldn't be concerned about it going wrong personally. I can't speak for other sellers but I also only collect payment after it's successful.

A 20ish wizard can't do OoT (also you can't take out the AC in SRo which is a lower level), but if you have the cash it's worth investing a Jboots MQ. It will help you quad easier which means you'll level easier, and eventually be able to hunt the AC yourself and return the investment (just get a flux staff to be able to engage quickly)
Old 05-21-2021, 04:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxarcule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've done Jboots MQ 30+ times and never had it go wrong - I wouldn't be concerned about it going wrong personally. I can't speak for other sellers but I also only collect payment after it's successful.

A 20ish wizard can't do OoT (also you can't take out the AC in SRo which is a lower level), but if you have the cash it's worth investing a Jboots MQ. It will help you quad easier which means you'll level easier, and eventually be able to hunt the AC yourself and return the investment (just get a flux staff to be able to engage quickly)
I'm going to be 29 pretty shortly here which I think will put me in range into being able to do the SRo one? Assuming I could get a tag which might be impossible considering all the 50+ speedsters I'd have to compete with. As I'm also almost 29, I'm starting to reach the range where leveling further might be downright impossible without jboots so I will have to figure something out, and I'm honestly at kind of a loss right now.

But that's cool about the payment thing. Is that standard protocol, meaning if I manage to get the 6k, would I be in the wrong to ask to be able to pay after the MQ is successful?
Old 05-21-2021, 05:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As I'm also almost 29, I'm starting to reach the range where leveling further might be downright impossible without jboots so I will have to figure something out, and I'm honestly at kind of a loss right now.
SoW pots are a good hold over for your speed needs, 10p a charge, i think if you gather enough 1 charge pots then recharging with a 10 charge pot would be cheaper, depends on what you're quadding but if you can make 10p within a charge duration then you're all set, or take some loss for the exp exchange, if you're determined to solo.

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 05-21-2021, 05:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SoW pots are a good hold over for your speed needs, 10p a charge, i think if you gather enough 1 charge pots then recharging with a 10 charge pot would be cheaper, depends on what you're quadding but if you can make 10p within a charge duration then you're all set, or take some loss for the exp exchange, if you're determined to solo.
Wasn't planning on quadding till 34, where I hear it becomes viable due to Circle of Force. I just hit 29 so I have about 5 levels to figure something out.

I just spent all day leveling from 27 to 29 on the Sister isle in OOT ganking the two solo ones back and forth. I'm thinking about trying my luck real soon with the two longsword ones in the hut, but I want to build a little security exp first. I've had enough mana to blow up one at a time, just been reluctant to try the longsword ones because I would need to be able to take out two at once with a mana bar. But if I can manage it, I will have the cash to consider SoW pots as an option.

I'm not determined to solo but not in all my time leveling have I once been asked to join a group. Probably because wizards are the least desirable group class in the game. I knew this when I went into it though and thus already accepted the fact that it will be a lonely life until I quad my way to 60, at which point I can try my luck at joining a raid guild. But I do envy those with friends and regular groups out there.
Last edited by tadkins; 05-21-2021 at 05:39 AM..
Old 05-21-2021, 05:44 AM
Sarnak

Waiting to be asked to join a group is going to be a long process as a wizard, gotta chat people up and be proactive with asking to join into groups or even just duos with people, you'll trick someone into inviting you by accident eventually and maybe even make some EQ pals to group with later on!

Old 05-21-2021, 05:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Waiting to be asked to join a group is going to be a long process as a wizard, gotta chat people up and be proactive with asking to join into groups or even just duos with people, you'll trick someone into inviting you by accident eventually and maybe even make some EQ pals to group with later on!
That's what I keep hearing here, but honestly...it's hard. Just being super shy and introverted, and not confident in my knowledge of this game. I feel like it's just better for everyone if I stay out of the way and stick to my little corner killing the dock sister and the tree sister where I'm not bothering anyone.

All I really know how to do is /ooc XXX Wizard LFG, and hope for the best, which is usually a waste of time.
Old 05-21-2021, 06:09 AM
Sarnak

I have jboots. I rarely use the boots for gcd resets and if needed star of eyes could do the same and that also works indoors. If you have an enemy target flux staff works too.

Sure, sometimes it's nice with an instant cast in case you forget to reapply but it's really not necessary if you pay a lil attention.
Old 05-21-2021, 06:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have jboots. I rarely use the boots for gcd resets and if needed star of eyes could do the same and that also works indoors. If you have an enemy target flux staff works too.

Sure, sometimes it's nice with an instant cast in case you forget to reapply but it's really not necessary if you pay a lil attention.
That's basically what I was wondering. If I had the temp flux staff (for when GCD resets are needed), and I'm mindful enough to cast TBoots before every pull, would JBoots really be necessary?

Of course I know now that's not an option as TBoots won't be available till Velious now, hehe.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:09 AM
Planar Protector

I always found Peggy Cloak to be more essential to travel and quadding than JBoots. Sow is cheap and I'd spend the plat on a lev cloak.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:43 AM
Sarnak

Blood of the wolf pots are 10 charges of 36 minute SoW (34%-55% movement speed) So 360 minutes (6 hours) of spirit of wolf for 100p

Traveler's boots speed is 35%, and only lasts 18 minutes, so you have to recast more often and don't make as much space away from mobs during quadding.

For the same price (not counting time invested buying the potions) you could have 300 hours of nearly double the speed. And also support your local alchemy business!

This isn't including the possibility of recharging the single charge pots with a full one (if that even is cost effective), and also that you don't have to buy more than you need, you might go through 10 potions before realizing you DO want the jboots and go for them, once you get traveler's boots they are useless if you ever want to get the jboots.

Closed Thread