Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I started green as an erudite necro, day 1 kunark I re-rolled iksar and never looked back. Yeah I have a 50 erudite necro and a 60 iksar necro.
I never considered that option when thinking about what I'd do if playing red 2.0

Pretty robust option, especially if you have a pal that will PL your iksar necro to 50 in like two days play time.

HMmm
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then dont play here
Old 08-09-2021, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfminster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]The ones who played from day one and got the prenerf stuff have a permanent advantage over everybody who arrives after them so P99 permanently favours those who arrived first. If you arrived later you will never have the same opportunity as they did so you will always be inferior no matter what you do which is really bad game design.
Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfminster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]Races are permanently unbalanced.
Good

Quote:
[*]Classes are permanently unbalanced.
Good

Quote:
[*] All the best spots are perma camped because it's such a small crowded place.
The world doesn't revolve around you. Try single player games.

Quote:
[*]There will never be a sci-fi aspect like there is in Luclin.
Extra Good

Quote:
[*]There will never be Beastlords.
Excellent

Quote:
[*] Iksar have a permanent advantage over all other races (more bad game design) due to lack of regen items.
Good

Quote:
[*] Ogres have a permanent advantage over all other races (more bad game design) due to lack of AA abilities.
Good

Quote:
[*]It's an unnofficial emulated server; it's not the real
thing.
Good

Quote:
[*]There will never be an official, professional and honest game designer to step in and fix the broken things so that it's fair for all regardless of when you start playing or what race you play.
Good

Quote:
In my opinion, Live is too advanced/commercialized/ezmode but P99 is too archaic and it's permanent. It's nice to have a world which youc can always count on because it always stays the same and never evolves into something you hate but is P99 Velious that world?
Has been for a decade.

Quote:
At least on live you can be just like everybody else, with enough time and effort, so even if you arrive late to the party you're not stuck in inferior mode like you are on P99 and you're not forced to pick a certain race or side because of balance issues (whether they are real or perceived).
Good

Quote:
Do you enjoy playing a in a permanently broken world? I guess if you are at the top of the pyramid because you arrived first and took advantage of bad game design which was later fixed (but not retroactively) then the answer is YES.
YES, Good

Quote:
It's lovely to see people in newbies areas but I don't think they realise that they are just there to serve the people who arrived first.
Green opening week, watching veterans and noobs getting their faces eaten by the Griffin was a joy. 10/10 best gaming ever.

Edit Note: The best designed games of today are not getting my money. How come a broken bad game gets my time.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 08-09-2021 at 11:06 AM..
Old 08-09-2021, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Such a great thread, reminds us all of why P99 is the best despite ultra low staff communication and reds long long long long death spiral with bad rules and no reset or help.

Good stuff.

Guys posting stuff like this reminds me to be glad that staff seldom acts based on forum complaining.

Can't wait for the next one.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by doeda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rolled dark elf warrior because I don't want to pay for a guise.
Rolled one also because they are the best looking. Min/Maxing is worthy of consideration but be damned if it gets in the way of my RP. Raids can go f themselves.

Gnome Warriors are a thing on P99 despite Ogres, Iksars, Barbs and Trolls. Thumbs up if they have a tinkering inspired name.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Such a great thread, reminds us all of why P99 is the best despite ultra low staff communication and reds long long long long death spiral with bad rules and no reset or help.

Good stuff.

Guys posting stuff like this reminds me to be glad that staff seldom acts based on forum complaining.

Can't wait for the next one.
Best one I have found here today for sure. It feels good to reject what is good. What is good is not good for me and hasn't been since Vista/X360.

Last edited by Mblake1981; 08-09-2021 at 11:36 AM..
Old 08-09-2021, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Hey man, whatever makes you smile at the end of the day!!

"We all know quite a number of people who have everything that it would take to be happy, and they are not happy. Cause they want something else or they want more of the same. And we all know people, who have lots of misfortune, misfortune that we ourselves would not want to have. And they are deeply happy, they radiate happiness. Why? Because they are grateful [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gratefulness makes us happy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtBsl3j0YRQ
Old 08-09-2021, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

P99 is different because the difficulty is the P in PVE instead of just the E.
Old 08-09-2021, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is different because the difficulty is the P in PVE instead of just the E.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-09-2021, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Workers on the job versus Players in a game.
Closed Thread