Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 09-13-2021, 09:47 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Newbie SK

Where should I start with him? Freshly made Iksar SK.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:02 PM
Fire Giant

Start with deleting and making an Ogre
Drippin#7277
Old 09-13-2021, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick210 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Start with deleting and making a Human
Old 09-13-2021, 10:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick210 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Start with deleting and making an Ogre Warrior
Old 09-13-2021, 11:00 PM
Kobold

In all seriousness, is this your first toon?

If so, start in field of bone. Kill stuff in newbie yard. Save scaled wolf hides and turn in to haggle baron for free armor.

Save all of your bone chips. Send Sheldyn a tell in game. I will buy them for 10pp a stack.

Go on the p99 wiki. Read the greenmist quest and do it as you level. The sooner you get that weapon, the better. You can one group or solo almost all of it.

Stay around FOB until you are high enough to go to kurns tower. Group there until 20ish.

Make friends with a shaman at or around your level. Stick to them like glue till forever. Not much a well played shaman/sk duo cannot do.

Once you have some plat saved try to get a MoSS or Noct blade. SBS or ateamentous shield. Around lvl 50 or sooner if you can afford it get a good 2h weapon. Keep all weapon skills trained.

IF this is your first character you have a very hard road ahead of you. I did this on Sheldyn and it was extremely difficult. If you have any interest at all in playing an enchanter or necro I would urge you to level those classes get rich and fund your SK gear. (they can solo and require very minimal gear)

I got the same advice. I didn’t listen to it either.

Send me a tell in game. I have a toon in cabilis with half a set of dreadscale armor waiting for someone like you.

That should get you started out. Incredibly fun class, amazing quests, wonderful group tank/puller.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Start with deleting and making a human
Old 09-13-2021, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Make a troll SK instead and kill guards to fund your gear. Troll SKs get the regen and don't have to worry about being KoS everywhere.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:09 AM
Orc

Iksar SK is fun. If that's want you want to play don't listen to anyone telling you to play something else. Know you won't have the easiest road ahead of you, but it will still be rewarding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami21k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all seriousness, is this your first toon?

If so, start in field of bone. Kill stuff in newbie yard. Save scaled wolf hides and turn in to haggle baron for free armor.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Sks are a phenomenal class. I’ve done several Sk builds and usually at around level 54 is when you really figure out if you like the race you picked. Iksars are a good choice if you can get past some of their weird animations, and the fact that they cannot use BE gaunts/legs which will definitely be a deal breaker for some. Greenmist is cool though, and it’s pretty cheap to acquire nowadays vs when the quest first got released on blue.
Old 09-14-2021, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

An alt of mine is 60 iksar sk. I’m happy with him but agree ogre or troll is better. But if Iksar is your calling, stick with it!