Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-26-2022, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Pfft. like mario could go 4 posts without mention pill munchers or poors.
Old 05-27-2022, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

There are only two possibilities.

1. The P99 staff are geniuses who realized they need to slow roll content improvements over the next 100 years or people will get bored too quickly. If the massive backlog of bugs was fixed there would be nothing "new" to look forward to.

2. The P99 staff are either incapable of fixing the backlog or don't care to fix it. The code is already annoying to write and made more frustrating by monkey patched classic changes making it even more difficult to introduce further changes.

Personally I think it's number 2, too many things make sense. Nilbog touches code himself which a product manager should never be doing. He focuses primarily on quest issues and other relatively simple fixes but has recently been doing a bit more complicated work. The PvP server was a non-existent rule set that coincidentally let them not have to code PvP item loot or teams both of which would involve complicated coding efforts.

I've proven this to myself by writing all the code necessary to fix channeling with lengthy classic era proof from GMs about how it should work. Then I wrote a follow up post about how ridiculously dysfunctional the contribution process and bug forums are but got no response. Just Nilbog saying he would look into the channeling several months ago with no follow up.

If you can give the project an actual C++ patch file to fix a core mechanic like channeling which is INCREDIBLY non-classic with GM backed proof from the official Sony forums and nothing is done for months then something has definitely gone off the rails but no one really knows what the problem is.

I'm still waiting to come back and play here if this ever gets fixed but I can't tolerate channeling through 10 mobs hitting me anymore. It is just such a stupidly non-classic mechanic that breaks literally every aspect of the game and trivializes it starting from level 1 to the most difficult raids. I hope it gets fixed some day.
Old 05-27-2022, 03:23 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-27-2022, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even the RNF forum is stale.
Old 05-27-2022, 03:30 PM
Banned

Old 05-28-2022, 04:08 AM
Skeleton

Detoxx is doing his best to kill it, im sure on his death bed someone will tell him he finally did it. though they wont know what he is talking about.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1. The P99 staff are geniuses who realized they need to slow roll content improvements over the next 100 years or people will get bored too quickly. If the massive backlog of bugs was fixed there would be nothing "new" to look forward to.

2. The P99 staff are either incapable of fixing the backlog or don't care to fix it. The code is already annoying to write and made more frustrating by monkey patched classic changes making it even more difficult to introduce further changes.

Personally I think it's number 2, too many things make sense. Nilbog touches code himself which a product manager should never be doing. He focuses primarily on quest issues and other relatively simple fixes but has recently been doing a bit more complicated work. The PvP server was a non-existent rule set that coincidentally let them not have to code PvP item loot or teams both of which would involve complicated coding efforts.

I've proven this to myself by writing all the code necessary to fix channeling with lengthy classic era proof from GMs about how it should work. Then I wrote a follow up post about how ridiculously dysfunctional the contribution process and bug forums are but got no response. Just Nilbog saying he would look into the channeling several months ago with no follow up.

If you can give the project an actual C++ patch file to fix a core mechanic like channeling which is INCREDIBLY non-classic with GM backed proof from the official Sony forums and nothing is done for months then something has definitely gone off the rails but no one really knows what the problem is.

I'm still waiting to come back and play here if this ever gets fixed but I can't tolerate channeling through 10 mobs hitting me anymore. It is just such a stupidly non-classic mechanic that breaks literally every aspect of the game and trivializes it starting from level 1 to the most difficult raids. I hope it gets fixed some day. [channelling]
The update probably got interrupted.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-28-2022, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm still waiting to come back and play here if this ever gets fixed but I can't tolerate channeling through 10 mobs hitting me anymore. It is just such a stupidly non-classic mechanic that breaks literally every aspect of the game and trivializes it starting from level 1 to the most difficult raids. I hope it gets fixed some day.
3. They realize the number of people in favor of making this change for "classic" reasons is incredibly small compared to the number of people that would be furious and rage about this change. This change would be maybe the single biggest nerf to every class that casts spells that P99 has ever made. People have lost their fucking minds over far less significant changes. You're essentially hard nerfing 11/14 classes in the game? All so a handful of people can go "Ahh yes this is much more classic" while they touch themselves. Not a good business plan imo. P99 has shown as time goes on that they care less and less about making things actually classic. This is just another example.
Old 05-28-2022, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
while they touch themselves.
rofl

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 05-28-2022, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I'm sure being a volunteer GM for years with nothing but lots of (alleged) RMT cash coming in gets boring. The level of autism at raiding levels is enough for anyone to see server upkeep as a chore not worth the time. When the server finally dies, it will be because of all the shitty drug-addicted shut-ins who have slowly bled the souls of support staff to come to hate the project and its player base. The GMs should have had a zero asshole tolerance from day 1 and just banned the horrible players outright. Instead they became friends with the players, choosing favorites and allowing the shitty behavior to fester until we're left with this.
I think in an effort to keep this server classic, they created a concentrated community of some of the most toxic wack jobs online gaming has ever seen. A large amount of time was devoted to end game bitching, rather than mid game problems that most casual players struggle with. By the time a casual makes it to end game, there is no meat left on the bone, no real reason to play anymore.

Rooting dragons, FTE races, rotations, blah blah blah. It's all total bullshit to the casual player that just wants to down a dragon 1 time. Yet, they continued to cater to the wack jobs, giving them solutions to their "problems" while ignoring the casuals.

Lastly, canceling Sirken was a bad idea.