Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

Smile lvl 44 necro gear / XP area questions!

Hey! Just hit 44 and I've decided that it's about time I stop wearing my jboots and 2+ strength cloak, I'm only at 174 int, it's not too bad but I feel like a few of my armor pieces are basically wasted slots right now. Any suggestions on affordable boots/cloak/arms/shoulders, maybe rings? I'm not sure when 55+ hp rings become something you shouldn't be wearing, I like them a lot but not sure if that's something I should be wearing at higher level.

I don't have a ton of plat to spend as this is my highest level character so I'm not really looking into spending 2k+ on each slot just yet.

Also I've found Aggro kite very fun so I was wondering if there are any particularly good areas to do that in around my level. (Darkness > Send Pet > Nuke the shit out of them, I think that's aggro kite, anyway) And when can I start doing something similar to the gate guards in Freeport? I was just there yesterday and thought it would be amazing, since there is so much open room to kite in. Before anyone says do dungeons I really don't like soloing in areas that aren't very open and such, I can do it, but it's just more stressful than it needs to be!

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 12-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

I don't personally play a necro, so I can't help you much on gear.

Are you set on this aggro kiting? If not, can easily just solo root rot from 44-51/52 in loio at the underwater bloodgill goblins. Great xp, low HP, and 12 of them to go around. Also, since you're an iksar with good swimming and now have DMF, shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck
Old 12-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

I spent 44-49 at the bloodgills in LOIO. I was getting 2-3% per kill until they turned light blue. The camp is super boring, but it's some of the easiest and fastest experience in the game for that level.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Hmmmm, maybe I'll check those out, i saw the ZEM is pretty low for that area, odd that you would get so much xp from them. Does root rot work with just normal root? and not Enstill, I always find it breaks super early

Old 12-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Thank you for the responses, I'll check it out when i'm around that area again!

Old 12-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmmm, maybe I'll check those out, i saw the ZEM is pretty low for that area, odd that you would get so much xp from them. Does root rot work with just normal root? and not Enstill, I always find it breaks super early
I fear-kited them, and used fear to break them
Old 12-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

I prefer the hp rings even in the 50s. Especially as a necro where hp=mana. A higher mana pool really doesn't help that much for exping unless trying to take down big stuff. More hp = more buffer till death, more life to play with for lich and taps. 110 hp at lvl 44 is like 10-15% extra hp?
For gear I'd mostly just look at filling any empty slots with cheap stuff that has int/mana/hp.
Boots: shadowbound? can quest yourself and free
Cloak: Mystic cloak quest (can be done with iksar faction??) free good cloak, if not kunzar cloak is cheap and decent.
Shoulders: Not as many good ones I know of. I was wearing a peggy cloak there til just recently when I got some loam.
Arms: gatorscale, embroidered black sleeves? both cheap

Basically make sure all your slots are filled with these decent cheap items before buying big items. Will help a lot more for a whole lot less pp.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the advice Velerin, I just noticed that I'm wearing cloth gloves as well, lol, any suggestion on that? spending 500-1000pp on a piece of gear is doable for me right now.

Old 12-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Fire Giant

Bloodstained gloves from Unrest aren't bad and easy to get/cheap, +25 mana I think. Not much else cheap there. Next upgrade are probably the impskin which run like 3k.

Oh yeah for necros you have the shadowbound ones which you could quest yourself for free or buy.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Hooded black cloak, gatorscale arms, embroidered black shoulders, shadowbound boots, 5/55 rings. You can camp/quest it all yourself at 44.

Bloodgills had a silly-high zem when I leveled my chanter there even though the zone overall does not.
Closed Thread