Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Default DO NOT DONATE ON THE LAST DAY ASSUMING YOU'LL BE REFUNDED

I've been noticing a lot of threads with this message. "I'll just donate at the last possible moment and it'll fail and i'll get bonuses and wont have to pay!"

This is retarded. I've never understood why kickstarters ever fail, just fill up the rest of the funding with your own money / your company's money and you get all of it back. You people WILL lose your 5000 if you try these shenanigans.

Also, this server is apparently pro RMT now... seems extremely hypocritical considering their response to it in the past.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

why so toxic?
Old 02-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

?
Old 02-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to papercolor

Why is everyone making a big deal over this. Super cereal....just little xp bonus pots and everyone is freaking out. Everyone is acting like the donation is for the bonuses you get in game...not helping out the kickstarter.
Phit - Shaman
Old 02-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercolor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is everyone making a big deal over this. Super cereal....just little xp bonus pots and everyone is freaking out. Everyone is acting like the donation is for the bonuses you get in game...not helping out the kickstarter.
Well it's not just the xp pots, I have a feeling most of the concern is fungi staffs and early access to velious. (Though pots/staff being no drop now goes a long way to amending this complaint)

I would also like to argue the point that a lot of us have been waiting years to play around in Velious who don't have faith in Brad anymore. Having to donate $100 to a project we don't trust or miss out on the early Velious boat is a hard pill to swallow.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 02-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

for once people with jobs are gonna get an advantage over the unemployed basement dwellers. why so serious anyway?
Old 02-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to papercolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well it's not just the xp pots, I have a feeling most of the concern is fungi staffs and early access to velious. (Though pots/staff being no drop now goes a long way to amending this complaint)

I would also like to argue the point that a lot of us have been waiting years to play around in Velious who don't have faith in Brad anymore. Having to donate $100 to a project we don't trust or miss out on the early Velious boat is a hard pill to swallow.
Is it really that hard of a pill to swallow? This isint a race at becoming the best in the game with the best gear, so what if some people have early access?
Phit - Shaman
Old 02-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Fire Giant

I only speak for myself, but some of my most fond memories in EQ are the opening weeks of expansions. It's not about being first, it's not about cherry picking content, it's about experiencing something untouched. Yes it's all been done before, but that's not the point I'm trying to make. I enjoy P99 for the fact that it lets me relive those old memories.

I've been looking forward to this for years now, it's just a bit of a shock that instead of being there on day 1 I get to wait while other people muck about in the sandbox ya know?

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 02-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercolor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it really that hard of a pill to swallow? This isint a race at becoming the best in the game with the best gear, so what if some people have early access?
Not classic.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 02-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You people
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread