Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like it or not in game currency has an RL value. If i'm not going to play anyway and therefore have no fear of being banned, why the fuck would I just throw money down the toilet?
It may just be pixels in an elf simulator. But there are rules in place regarding this. The arbiters charged with enforcing these rules have a maximum penalty of perma-ban. So it's pretty obvious why people on their way out do it.

But the reason people don't just throw their money down the toilet is a more strict morale compass. Pragmatically, it doesn't make sense to most people. But a lot of people don't want to break rules even if they know the penalty has almost no bearing on their life.

I'm not trying to say you or other RMTers lack a morale compass or morales. But there are people who don't break any rules or feel slimy doing so, so they have thousands of plats sitting collect e-dust.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think some people respect their friends and guildies enough not to place them in the awkward position of guilt by association. Some other people might abstain from cashing out because they don't want to contribute to that which plagues the server. Not everyone considers how their actions impact others, though. Some people think only of themselves. On Earth, those people are called "sociopaths". On Norrath, we call them "necromancers".
60 Human Necro reporting in
Old 03-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

How much cash did you get altogether? What's a tell-all without such a figure?!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

I don't want to say the exact figures, but I sold about 10 million plat in a month.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Oh also, I might as well make this clear: I did not make ANY of this plat by cheating / scamming in ANY way.

The plat was legit, how I got rid of it was not.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

i personally am shocked that such a self-centered elitist was discovered to have been guilded with the a-team
Old 03-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

This policy people have about "I have the right to turn the time I've invested here into $$$" is just ridiculous. This is a video game, you spend time in it since you wanna have fun. I mean, I don't expect income for every hour I've spent playing Super Mario.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Orc

Cool way to go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is one of the most disrespectful things I have read on these forums.

You played for free at the expense of a team, then attempted (and apparently succeeded) to harm the project when you were done with it.
Lets be real, Do you think the T1 connection that the server(s) sits on, not including the hardware to run it (which i am sure is no junk of a machine), as well the domain name, is being paid by the team.....Better yet, when you donate money or time i mean in real life that you cannot claim it on your taxes for a refund at the end of the year..... In real life any time invested is worth something to someone. We are all thankful for the hard-work you guys do for us here on the server and let us play on such a great server but don't feed us horse shit, we weren't born yesterday.......
Old 03-24-2014, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

I'd like to think that my reputation here was pretty solid prior to all this, and thus the A-team should have no problems having had me as an officer. That being said, once I was discovered I was outed (as well as banhammered) so that speaks to the character of the guild!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Aviak

I'm sure he'll think hard over all the finger waving in here while counting his money. lol
Closed Thread