Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's idiotic and you're an idiot.

The dipshit RMTing needs perspective. He's the one who feels he needs to be compensated for his time spent PLAYING A VIDEO GAME.

This isn't a virtual piggy-bank. It's a leisurely pastime. Quit treating it like your life.
Yeah. I'm the one who is taking this too seriously.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Like I said, I'm not approving of RMT. But he's banned, and the people who bought his stuff are banned. Granted, it must suck for the staff to have to spend much of their time dealing with this stuff. But, despite what you might think, Nord isn't going to end up in the 9th circle of hell next to Judas, Brutus, and Cassius because he RMTed plat on P99.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 03-27-2014 at 09:24 AM..
Old 03-27-2014, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. I'm the one who is taking this too seriously.

Not what I was implying, although honestly -- this game is pretty much your whole life, right? I guess if the shoe fits....

I was actually referring to those who can justify cashing-out because they have "invested" so much time. It's like going to see a movie and then trying to sell your leftover popcorn to someone in the lobby on your way out. Because dammit, you suffered through that entertainment and now you deserve something!

If you feel this way, you need perspective. And probably a job.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's like going to see a movie and then trying to sell your leftover popcorn to someone in the lobby on your way out.
lol
Old 03-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

Tecmos is clearly the next Nordenwatch. Better ban him ahead of time.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarajo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lune said it all, except for: thanks for using this process to raise prices and make p99 less fun for people because it was in your own best interest to resell things at a higher price, because that just meant more demand for your RMT side business. One more note, and I cant even say "thanks" jokingly this time: not everyone has the time or pocket group to farm the things they want/need. Not to mention, quite often farming something was impossible because it was permanently camped by RMT monopolizers. Enough with the threads looking for pity/sympathy/acceptance/vindication/forgiveness/friendship already.
You were competing for cash in a competitive environment against one of the most patient people on the server playing the game for what made it fun for him. EconomyQuest (thanks Swish) is something I personally will never understand but it's a game the tunnel rats like playing - more power to them if they have the patience to stare at a screen and nickel and dime strangers.

He:
- had numerous 60 toons.
- actively camped a number of desirable spawns.
- built an EC empire.

All of these indicated he played the game for enjoyment without breaking the rules. In fact, the absence of any of these points would indicate something shady and would likely have flagged him. He was probably under the watch of management anyways due to having simply amassed so much wealth.

Bottom line is, he cashed out at 23:59 and you're complaining about every hour before that. Helpful tip: emulate the behaviour except the 23:59 event. You'll be rich (in game).

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 03-27-2014, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Not what I was implying, although honestly -- this game is pretty much your whole life, right? I guess if the shoe fits....

I was actually referring to those who can justify cashing-out because they have "invested" so much time. It's like going to see a movie and then trying to sell your leftover popcorn to someone in the lobby on your way out. Because dammit, you suffered through that entertainment and now you deserve something!

If you feel this way, you need perspective. And probably a job.
You didn't imply anything. You outright said that I needed to quit treating p99 like my life, despite the fact that I'm just here having fun on my own terms while you're the one going berserk on the forums with RL attacks and moral condemnation and other ridiculous judgments because of all this.

Your analogy is a bit off, anyways. This is more like you collecting leftover popcorn inside the theatre before you leave because you enjoy doing that in and of itself, and then when you leave the theatre and wonder wtf you're going to do with all that popcorn, you realize that there are people lined up waiting to pay you for it.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 03-27-2014 at 09:36 AM..
Old 03-27-2014, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You didn't imply anything. You outright said that I needed to quit treating p99 like my life, despite the fact that I'm just here having fun on my own terms while you're the one going berserk on the forums with RL attacks and moral condemnation and other ridiculous judgments because of all this.
You are taking this too personal.

I called you an idiot. This is a fact; both that I called you an idiot and that you are, in fact, a total idiot.

After that, if you read carefully, you will note that I was addressing the "dipshit RMTing". At the end I wrote, "quit treating it like your life". This is an example of the royal "your". I was referring collectively to those who believe they ought be compensated for their leisure activities.

Now Tecmos, if we are to continue communicating I need you to be less defensive and more willing to listen. Ok?
Old 03-27-2014, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Your analogy is a bit off, anyways. This is more like you collecting leftover popcorn inside the theatre before you leave because you enjoy doing that in and of itself, and then when you leave the theatre and wonder wtf you're going to do with all that popcorn, you realize that there are people lined up waiting to pay you for it.
Oh, now I see your point. This sounds like totally reasonable behavior. GG Nord.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You are taking this too personal.

I called you an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some dictionary I googled
Idiot : usually offensive : a person affected with extreme mental retardation
Old 03-27-2014, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin2090 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tecmos is clearly the next Nordenwatch. Better ban him ahead of time.
Lol. Can we have my stuff sent to red as "punishment" please? I really don't want to grind 6 more levels over there without my shiny pixels [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread