Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 08:40 AM
Aviak

Hmmm, invoker is bad this patch and has been for a while. IDK why you pick brood when you are the low mmr, and I wouldn't suggest midding then either. If there is a time to first pick venge its when you know you are the low mmr, just ask what they want and pick appropriately. You hero selection and builds look ok to me. A lot of your losses you either got owned mid in higher mmr or your mates didn't do shit.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Popo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmm, invoker is bad this patch and has been for a while. IDK why you pick brood when you are the low mmr, and I wouldn't suggest midding then either. If there is a time to first pick venge its when you know you are the low mmr, just ask what they want and pick appropriately. You hero selection and builds look ok to me. A lot of your losses you either got owned mid in higher mmr or your mates didn't do shit.
I randomed brood first pick. Was an awful game. Dismiss that.

Invoker isn't TOO bad. I play both exort/wex at about the same skill.

Im not necessarily low mmr either 4100 mmr is supposed to be like top 2% for NA. But they play like that bottom 2% I swear.

Guess ill go back to first picking slark and smashing every game. Its just not very fun :/
Old 07-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Banned

i will agree invoker has been shit ever since second item bkb on every core hero became a thing
Old 07-02-2015, 08:49 AM
Aviak

The main difference is that league has very defined roles, mid late carry, offlane defensive carry, safe lane farming carry, jungle ganker, and safelane support. Dota all kindas of strats are viable: the most common strat, tri-safe lane; jungler with solo offlane; duo safe/off lanes; aggro try offlane; roamer with solo offlane; or duo-wisp mid.

Also in Dota there are 2 types of supports, and generally you pick one of each, offensive support and defensive support. The role of supports in dota is very different in that they are not just ward bitches, although the defensive support definitely is. The offensive support is usually a character with a very effective stun or nuke that does not need any farm to fight at level 1-3. Support is dota is a character that does not need much farm or exp to get online and do some work. They usually should be trying to shutdown or zone out the enemy offlane, while allowing the safelane carry to farm up his items. The safe lane carry differs from the mid role since the mid needs exp and farm to get online, the safe lane carry usually just needs $.

On the topic of junglers, seems this patch that junglers are really terrible if they cannot affect the lanes. The only way to get money out of the jungle this patch is to stack, and obv thats not a great jungling strat. The other thing is at your mmr people are a lot better about warding to block camps and get vision of the 20% health jungler creeping. Bad news, bad news.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Aviak

I know you are obv a much better player than me, I just mean relative to the players you play with. Notice all of your mid losses are against higher skill teams pretty much? Just don't mid if you know you are the low mmr by a reasonable amount.

Slark is kinda shitty this patch too and I think you are better off with antimage in the #1 role. Slark needs a fair amount of items to do damage and stay alive in teamfights. This patch is all about coordinated ganks at the low levels and teamfighting at 15 minutes. Slark just isn't going to do that very well imo.

Like I said, I would take this wall of words with a pinch of salt, I could be all wrong and hope you got something out of it.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiNGloriouS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you ever lost 19 ranked games in a row? Im thinking about just quitting went from 4050 mmr to 3480 these past two weeks; I know my mechanics have gotten slightly worse, but it truly is the autism that I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Hard to stay positive; honestly thinking about hanging up the mantle for good.
autism is hard to deal with and coming out like this publically on r&f is ballsy of you

i salute you and your autism jody, i always knew
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:04 AM
Banned

everquest autists has nothing on moba autists

not even close
Old 07-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Popo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know you are obv a much better player than me, I just mean relative to the players you play with. Notice all of your mid losses are against higher skill teams pretty much? Just don't mid if you know you are the low mmr by a reasonable amount.

Slark is kinda shitty this patch too and I think you are better off with antimage in the #1 role. Slark needs a fair amount of items to do damage and stay alive in teamfights. This patch is all about coordinated ganks at the low levels and teamfighting at 15 minutes. Slark just isn't going to do that very well imo.

Like I said, I would take this wall of words with a pinch of salt, I could be all wrong and hope you got something out of it.
Eh I feel like you kind of reversed that. AM is useless pre minute 25; I can get just SB on Slark, go ganking and turn into an absolute MONSTER if I can go 5-8 minutes unpunished.

Funny thing is my invoker games arent even lost due to BKBs, my last invoker game I lost because SD/Lesh wanted to duo against a tri; ended up dying 5-6 times before minute 10 and let spectre get absolutely no farm (talking Phase Boots at 16 minutes farm). Although I do agree generally, he was a great pick in that particular game if my team wasn't flaming each other from the getgo.

But everything is perspective, I don't think it helps that I've been in a bad mood most of these games, but for good reason. I haven't won more than 5 total games over many many many games.

I'll have to hit the chalkboard, either just sit and first pick instalock heroes I know I can just thrash on without contest (topkek Jugg).
Old 07-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

flailquest + noosequest on a 300 man community, do i need to say more?
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
autism is hard to deal with and coming out like this publically on r&f is ballsy of you

i salute you and your autism jody, i always knew
Oh ill berg and yell on the mic, but I always seem to be the only one to make the right calls. Not headbutting my teammates or taking naked air-shits on toilets.
Closed Thread