Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsmitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if this was the case wouldn't the top guild simply lock up the camp until the items stopped dropping?
Yes. And this is exactly what people who want /list to go away want. Do not for a second believe their motives are based on purity of classicness.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-18-2019, 02:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why I hate the /list. It literally removes what made EQ so fun in 1999. This would have never happened on real classic. Grrrrrr. Not the guy's fault who went afk it's the /list's fault. Remove /list and the game will be restored. It's not too late!
So Seal Team and Kingdom can lock down the camp until the items are removed? Great idea Skorge.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. This is so common. Make all legacy items no drop. Fix this in a heartbeat. #notclassic but it's for the betterment of p99 civilization.
This. It’s such an easy fix, yet won’t be done because it’s “not classic”, when in fact there are PLENTY of non-classic things implemented.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:48 PM
Banned

don't let skorge fool you he hasn't played on this server in years he is one of those forum trolls that just want people that continue to play this server to suffer

lots of people like that around here...weird fucking guys man
Old 12-18-2019, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Wow imagine being ready to kill the named spawn or PH when you're #1. So hard to look at the time and predict a static spawn? MEGA OOF!
Old 12-18-2019, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Cutting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Seal Team and Kingdom can lock down the camp until the items are removed? Great idea Skorge.
Better than what it is now, tbh...at least then people like me could buy one. This is all under the assumption they would remove the nerfed drop rate of the manastone itself. If manastones were dropping with classic drop rates, even with a guild poop socking it, it would be a better outcome than the /list + nerfed drop rate combo.

Also, the /list removes a freedom from us - the reason why EQ was successful and all other mmorpgs have failed including EQ2. Having no list is in the spirit of EQ. We are now being forced to participate in something if we want to camp any of the legacy items.

In my eyes the /list function is a total fail. I don't care what anyone else thinks. That is my opinion on the matter. I don't care if guilds poop sock it. Now that's classic. I dealt with that in 99, I dealt with that in 09, I can deal with that now.

I have zero intention on poop socking any item myself but if people or guilds want to do that, then so be it. All I know is if player A has 30 manastones my chances of actually buyone one goes up 10 fold. Right now there are going to be very few manastones for sale, like ever here.

Wanted to add too that my odds of getting one with this /list are actually lower than without one. I can't poopsock an item for 70 hours straight and I don't want to share my account with anyone. If a guild was poop socking a camp at least there would be small gaps in between of getting a spot.
Last edited by skorge; 12-18-2019 at 05:29 PM..
Old 12-18-2019, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't let skorge fool you he hasn't played on this server in years he is one of those forum trolls that just want people that continue to play this server to suffer

lots of people like that around here...weird fucking guys man
I'm weird because I haven't played here in a few years? I hate to see your definition of normal, lol.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm weird because I haven't played here in a few years? I hate to see your definition of normal, lol.
What is wierd is that you still waste your mental energies here even though you dont play.

Show us on the doll where the bad man touched you.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Better than what it is now, tbh...at least then people like me could buy one. This is all under the assumption they would remove the nerfed drop rate of the manastone itself. If manastones were dropping with classic drop rates, even with a guild poop socking it, it would be a better outcome than the /list + nerfed drop rate combo.

Also, the /list removes a freedom from us - the reason why EQ was successful and all other mmorpgs have failed including EQ2. Having no list is in the spirit of EQ. We are now being forced to participate in something if we want to camp any of the legacy items.

In my eyes the /list function is a total fail. I don't care what anyone else thinks. That is my opinion on the matter. I don't care if guilds poop sock it. Now that's classic. I dealt with that in 99, I dealt with that in 09, I can deal with that now.

I have zero intention on poop socking any item myself but if people or guilds want to do that, then so be it. All I know is if player A has 30 manastones my chances of actually buyone one goes up 10 fold. Right now there are going to be very few manastones for sale, like ever here.

Wanted to add too that my odds of getting one with this /list are actually lower than without one. I can't poopsock an item for 70 hours straight and I don't want to share my account with anyone. If a guild was poop socking a camp at least there would be small gaps in between of getting a spot.
My man.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guildy was at rubi BP camp tonight, #1 on list is asleep or AFK when BP drops, it rots.

I know that they are now off the list, because there item dropped, and they are also probably locked out for a week like they had looted the item. But why is this allowed to happen? Why not implement a ready to loot check when the item drops, they have 1 min to click yes, otherwise the list moves on to the next person. Something to make sure a legacy item, from a potentially excruciatingly long camp doesnt just rot....
Why didn't somebody loot it and give it to him when he woke up?
Closed Thread